Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

02.12.13 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

In one of Sammy's recent interviews he relays that Ed was not ready for VH to become a nostalgia act with Dave at the helm hence the most recent botched reunion attempts.

Only my opinion here, but in my mind there's no reason not to be comfortable with the incomparable legacy that is Van Halen with David Lee Roth.

As far as VH's relationship with its fans, I think Ed has the wrong idea. I can understand that as an artist he feels the need to create new viable material that receives critical acclaim and wide-acceptance with the fans. Based on VHIIII, however, I do not believe that such a scenario is likely. I would be excited for new VH material w/ Dave or Sammy (more so Dave). Live, however, I want to hear the stuff I already know and love. I don't want VH to try to make me submit to new material live without a big-time healthy dose of the classics. I want to be able to sing along and pump my fist in the air. Is that nostalgic? Sure and so it is everytime the Stones neglect playing that new "must-listen" track off their latest CD in favor of belting out Satisfaction, Jumpin Jack Flash and Honkey Tonk Women. Thankfully, Mick and Keith don't whine about being a nostalgia act and have accepted the fact that the reason people still care isn't because of any new material they release.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that before we hear any new stuff with Sammy or whoever (as opposed to Dave), I wish Ed & Al would come to terms with a phenonmenal past and get a reunion tour with Dave out of the way. It would be a lot easier to move on after that. I don't mention Mike in the above equation because I think that guy is comfortable with himself and the VH legacy and would have no problem delivering what the fans want.

Sad thing is that the rest of Van Halen should be on tour RIGHT FRIGGIN' NOW laying down the musical carpet for both Sam and Dave. It just kills me that the bros. nixed that idea. Sorry about the rambling.
    "With me in the band, it's one of those miraculous 97-97 deals. It's 97 percent you and 97 percent moi. Is it Mick or Keith? I don't know" -DLR

"We eventually started playing clubs, and we also did weddings. We played everything from the Ohio Players to K.C. & the Sunshine Band. You would love the sight of Van Halen doing 'Get Down Tonight'! But by the third set when everybody was good and tanked up--boy, we'd be blazin'!" -Michael Anthony

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later, Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Why should Ed and Al do a reunion tour if they are ready to move forward? Based on the show I saw this summer, I understand why they said NO to DLR. And it would not make it easier to move forward. It would just cause more bitching from fans wondering why DLR was not back in the band for good.

Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

.....well ....i thought about this a great deal.....what happens too roth's legacy if he dont deliever on a new record.....i think the best thing to do is keep 1984 and fair warning in our memories....damn that hurts to say this....but it's the truth.....no matter what the 3 attempts with singers is the nostalgia act.....roth left his scar....and the best part about is ....when they get the right singer it will all colapse all 3 singer memories.......enter jeff scott soto
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..

..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i dont think vh wants to just live on the old music, i think they still want to do new stuff and if that does not work or become well liked then they can fall back on the old stuff.
    its kinda like having a trade if a job does not work out atleast you have something to fall back on.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

If they can't get on the same page enough to record an album with Dave then I have no interest in seeing them mount a tour with Dave. If the creative sides and the personal sides can't be reconciled, then all a tour is is a cash grab.

And why would Sammy wait around until Eddie gets home from his trip around the world with Dave? Like anyone else, Sammy has pride and wouldn't be expected to do that.

More than anything, I want an album. But I don't believe there's going to be one with Dave.

Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

....i agree....the whole problem in a nuttshell is : two singers that dont want too split the coin with 3 members....oh yea...they will do a reunion....you bet your ass they want a reunion...they shouldn't have left in the first place
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..

..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

Unchained
    Last Online

03.04.06 @ 06:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oldno7, That was actually one of the best cases I read in a few days discussiong bringing Roth back for a reunion tour in this forum. Very well written, nice job!