Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A few bits from Sam's "Rockline" appearance:

-No plans for any Stateside Cabo Wabo Cantinas. Original Vegas idea fell through with HRH owner Don Marrandino; Sam didn't want to compete with the HRC and the HRH.

-Status of Planet Us is unknown. Journey is on tour, and Sam's new album is out, taking more time away from the Planet Us project.

-His dream jam partner is Keith Richards

-He managed to get Ted Nugent hammered, who is noted for being "sober", on 4 Waborita drinks. Ted calls Cabo Wabo Tequila "Blue Devil Piss".

-Wristband system will be in effect at Cabo this year due to assholes selling $20 tix for as much as $350 down there.

-City of Cabo wants $50,000 for him to play every year. Never mind that Sam fills the town to overflowing capacity every year, they still want more $$$ from him every year.

-His book and movie, "The Long Road to Cabo" is almost completed. The book is actually finished, but there is nearly 150 hours of movie footage for this documentary. It will be about a 2 hour movie, but will hopefully be a 4 hour DVD set, when it's finally released. Unknown when it'll be completed.

-With regards to Van Halen, since he's left that band, he "doesn't pay attention to anything" when it comes to them.

-Cabo Wabo Beer won't happen after all. Beer market is too competitive, though Budweiser has expressed an interest if they should ever dump one of the other beer brands they own.

-Finally, he and the Waboritas (his band, not the drink) are "family", and after 5 years of playing together and being in tune with one another, he does *not* see himself leaving them permanently, unless it's for a short side project, for another band - "not even Van Halen". His exact words. And, he stressed "not".

He mentioned Mike as being the ultimate jam partner. But, other than that, and the remark above, nothing else was mentioned in reference to Van Halen. Even the tour with DLR didn't come up during the 90 minutes he was on the air. Not a word. People were asking questions like "What's the significance of the line 'It's 8:05, it's time to rock'?" from "One Way To Rock", "What's the tattoo you have?" (Bogus Otis), and other mundane questions. Nobody asked anything about his supposed "baby steps" status with VH, if he was gonna do a complete tour behind "N4S", or anything any of us would ask.

Go to http://www.rocklineradio.com, and in a few days I'm sure you'll be able to find it under the archive section for your listening pleasure.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

it's inevitable but he won't go back to them...

fuck sammy is drinking too much of his tequilla...wish i had some now [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

POUND CAKE
    Last Online

05.08.08 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Vince, nothing that you typed surprises me. As much as I would like A Sammy reunion with VH, none of the rumors posted here made me think that it was going to happen. However, I think that a reunion with Sammy would be more likely than a reunion with DLR.

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Just as I've known all along, it's inevitable that Hagar won't be back

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i feel SO much better after reading those snippets...
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

One minute he says that it's inevitable that he'll get back with Van Halen and then he says that he doesn't pay attention to anything having to do with the band. BULLSHIT!!

Bring on Dave. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    Could this be magic?

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

A few more details...

-Hagar also said he had a blast with Ted Nugent and Kid Rock and they all got really drunk together.

- The new album sounds good (they played several tracks)

- City of Cabo wants $50,000 from Hagar to play in the streets, but he said people usually pay him $50,000 to play so instead they fill the cantina to capacity (650) and then have a parking lot party with big screen and sound system for the other 400-600 that couldn't get in.

- Hagar is excited about the book and DVD "The Long Road to Cabo" and says they will condense 200 hrs. of footage into an 1.5 hr. movie to be released sometime in the next year. He says it really depicts the family atmosphere of Sam and The Waboritas.

- The only mention of Dave was when he called him "The Diamond" - no animosity.

- As for VH, he certainly didn't sound like he was in any hurry to reunite with them as he is having a great time with his current band. He said he always has an open mind, though. It seemed he was almost going out of his way to not talk about VH and said the only way he sees breaking up the Waboritas is if one of them quits.

- Hagar said he has absolutely no plans to make another album, but he added that he had no plans to make the current album (Not 4 Sale) either so who knows. He said "Not 4 Sale" was kinda of a bunch of jams laid down over many months that they just decided to combine into an album.

[ October 03, 2002, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: dirtymovies ]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was waiting for someone to ask him about a V.H. reunion and about ending the recent tour on short notice.
    "I'm not as think as you drunk I am."

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i support the "bring on dave" statement above ...

my speculation- IF sammy did get up the nerve and talk to VH about a possible reunion- this indicates that the VH brothers weren't into the idea... just because sammy and mike were into the idea doesn't mean ed and al were (which is what i have been thinking all along) i can go around telling people- "yeah- i wanna' get back together with my ex-girlfriend soon" - but if the ex-girlfriend isn't wantin' to get back with me- it ain't happening!

it takes two (or 4 in the VH case) to make a thing go right...

Unchained
    Last Online

03.04.06 @ 06:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave's washed-up , bring on number 4. I was going to tune into this last night on my Laptop , from the sounds of it, it was pretty ant-climatic. Glad I didn't

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

WAIT- HALT!!!!! i retract my dave statement above- LETS KEEP THIS THREAD CIVILIZED FOR ONCE- rehashing the same old tired arguement really makes us VH fans look bad... please- for the love of God- no dave vs. sammy, deal?

this thread is about the hagar interview last night... lets stick to that... peace (for once!)

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:38 PM
    Liked 546 Times in 327 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Really, really, REALLY makes me wonder if he or Mike did approach the brothers and get shot down.

Or, maybe he got caught up in the whole Sam and Dave thing with Mike and Gary and got a bit carried away about a reunion. Then, after thinking about it, maybe watching some of the 200 hours of video with the Waboritas he has, took a look at his bank statement, and decided it wasn't worth it. With a month to think about it, away from Mike and the Sans Halen tour...

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Amen to that starfire!!!! Anyways the dead horse is out being rebuilt for the next round of mindless [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] beatings... [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Thanks for posting the snippets. I'm interested in reading the book and seeing the DVD. As for the 'not even Van Halen' comment, that doesn't sound good for any type of reunion at the moment. He's probably waiting for Ed to apologize then he'd change his tune about playing w/ VH again.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whew!

It's funny how one person interprets an interview can be totally different from another. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

First of all, it was a really good sitdown interview with Sammy.

The one thing he tried to stay on track with promoting his new cd, which, by the way, sounds REALLY GOOD. It sounds a hellava lot better on the stereo, than the computer. They played 3 or 4 tracks and it's sounds really good. I'm excited to hear the rest of it! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Another thing was there almost NO Van Halen talk at ALL. I find it hard to beleive the "Reunion" rumors didn't come up at all. (Remember the stupid gag order?) Again, I think this boiled down to promoting his new cd and not wanting to stray away from it with VH talk.

The first thing he said was he has NO PLANS for the future. That his Birthdasy Bash was going on for the next three weeks. After that, his calender was completly free. That he said he probably will have to do some shows to promote his new cd but wasn't sure when or where.

He also strayed away from any Planet Us stuff other than say that Vertigo was too hard for the Spiderman soundtrack and that "I suppose we'll have to get together in the future and finish the record. I don't know when".

What was weird he said that he has no plans for another record. That he wasn't retiring but this is the last record he has planned.

He also talked about "Hollywood Squares". That Whoppi Goldberg is a dear friend of his and she asked him to come on years ago and he said no. That that show was supposed to be taboo for rock and roll but they asked him again and this time they are going for a younger crowd and trying to be a little more hip. That he had a good time but he said he's giving fair warning that he bombed on the show. That he came across as "the dumb rock-star". [img]tongue.gif[/img]

One thing that I also found interesting was at the end of the show they were giving "Special Thanks" and one of the people mentioned was "Scotty Ross". I wonder how he was involved?

All and all it was a great show. Some of the fans would call and say "this is so and so" from "such and such" remember me? And he WOULD! Says he knows half his fans by name. What a cool guy. Very easy going and down to earth.

I didn't get the vibe that there's "No Reunion". Contrary, he sounded like he he's clearing the way for one.
    Right now, though, I'm looking forward to enjoying "Not 4 Sale" [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie