Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Anyone else agree with my recent drug induced idea? As I was listening to some kicking tunes last evening with a monster "mother nature" buzz, I couldn't help but salivate for some new VH. As I reflected on the state of my favorite hard rock band, a new thought came to my head. Do I really want to hear a mediocre product rushed through production simply to satisfy the fans, Warner Brothers, lawyers, bankers, promoters, etc? As I pondered this question, I began to realize and hope that perhaps VH refuses to rush, and really wants to avoid the '96 fiasco yet again. Instead they are taking there time and doing things on their terms. Frankly, maybe this new material is planned as their "swan song" if you will. Let me hear your thoughts fellow fans...... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The longer it takes the less likely they will be taken seriuosly.. DLRs act just does not work comming from a 60 year old.. Look at Mick Jagger... The guy is still going but did you see him on MTV a few years back..It would be nice to grow old with a little grace ala Pete Townsend...You don't see Pete smashing guitars anymore ..I hope Dave does not try to be the 25 year old Dave..

They're not over the hill yet but If they do acually tour again and Dave brings a bottle of Jack on stage and says.."Look at all the people here tonight"... Well, That would be sad.

Oh. To respond to comments.. NO, I don't think They are going slow in order to "Get it right" this time... They had decades to "get it right" They never really got along and probably never will..

The two tunes that They did with Dave a few years ago are proff positive that the magic is gone....Perhaps if Dave is allowed to Be Dave this time around and do what he does best,, Perhaps then We can hope for a little of that Magic to return but 16 years is a long time and people change..The same dynamic may no longer exist....

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT, WACF, FW
    Favorite VH Song

Loss of Control
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>I began to realize and hope that perhaps VH refuses to rush, and really wants to avoid the '96 fiasco yet again. Instead they are taking there time and doing things on their terms <hr></blockquote>

Maybe but I doubt it. As for the "taking their time", they didn't use to have to: VH1, 3wks; VH2, a week; and so on.
    Use my hand, I won't look!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Please don\'t make me choose
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

At this point, I'm not sure if it really matters. The biggest problem VH has is us! The decisions they have made as of late(depending on when they first pissed you off)have created an enviroment where they have little room to move. And there are many here that just by human nature will tear into these heroes/legends no matter what they do. We are incredibly hard on celebrities in this culture, instead of just letting them be musicians. I'm just afraid that no matter what VH does next that alot of us just won't be there for them.
    TD
    Unofficial Keeper of the Faith<p>Our responsibility is to the music and it's continued growth<p>Who's your daddy?<p>"I'm bold as love, just ask the axis" J.H.