Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Little Dreamer

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fake Fest was held in Indy last night - 5 tribute bands:
    U2, Guns 'n Roses, AC/DC, Van Halen, and Pink Floyd
    I don't remember the names of the bands for U2 and Floyd, but GNR was called Paradise City, AC/DC was called Hells Bells, and Van Halen was called Atomic Punks.

U2 - if you like U2, you'd probably dig them, because they sounded just like them. I liked Sunday bloody Sunday, and their other hits;

GNR - they were pretty good. Couldn't help but rock out to Paradise City, Sweet Child o' mine, and especially Welcome to the Jungle;

AC/DC - they have a VERY good Angus Young guitarist. He had Angus's moves down great. I fealt sorry for the vocalist when he tried to do Brian Johnson for more than two lines. They were pretty darn good.

The Atomic Punks (VH) - they were VERY good. Their singer had Roth down pat. The guitarist was very Eddie - did him quite well. He used the Wayne guitar and a 5150 II head and it sounded pretty darn much like the power tube driven first few albums (I was a little surprised).

Pink Floyd - don't know... I left after VH!!!

03.29.06 @ 12:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I thought you were refering to this Sunday's fake fest - the one where the Indy Rookie League (IRL) gets embarrassed by the CART drivers in the Indy 500 . . . AGAIN! I used to love Indy, but when that dickhead Tony George ruined it, I quit watching. Until the last few years, when the real drivers started coming back. I hope Andretti wins.

Oh yeah, sounds like a pretty fun concert. I would have left after the Punks too.
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs