Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

I haven't been posting much over the past few months. The primary reason is there hasn't been much to really talk about. The old Sammy vs Dave thing is extremely old and has been played out countless times over the past year. I for one have lost a lot of the enthusiasm I once had. The argument that it will all be forgotten when they come out in the next month or so is kinda lame. For the guys who visit the VH sites on a regular basis I'm sure you'll be excited, but what about the casual fans? IMO a spring 2000 announcement would have been huge, but now VH really hasn't been in the news or anything. Will anyone (other than the hardcore internet guys) really notice?

------------------
    500 horses and a Chrysler mill, makes the Limecuda the king of the hill

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

But to me, a casual fan who isn't sitting around waiting for a VH announcement like we are isn't going to be any less excited by new VH product (album or live show) in 2001 than they would have been in 2000.

When the first single comes out (along with a video I would presume), I can't imagine anyone turning off the radio/TV and saying, "I would have been interested last year, but not now".

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

To someone who doesn't follow this daily (are we obsessed?) I don't see that there would be a difference between 2000 and 2001. It's all the same if you don't know, ya know? And for those of us who are obsessed--we'll just be happy when this silent (c'mon, guys!) vigile ends.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No, this is a really good point. I think the longer they leave it now, the worse it gets for them as far as interest goes. I know I'm getting pissed off. I think the best time to announce the reunion was when the rumours were still flying and nobody knew what was happening. That way the announcement of Dave being back would have had the most impact. At the moment we all pretty much know that Dave's in and although I'm sure we will all be happy when it is announced, it won't have the same element of surprise and spontanious impact.

But I also think that once the publicity starts and the album is out and everyone is talking about the tour, everybody will soon forget the wait. And I think the hype and excitement will still be as extreme as ever.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I totally agree Glenn. The only people this silence is hurting, (if you want to argue that), is the die-hards like us.

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.06.05 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I really don't think they've waited too long because the outside world (independent of the VH message boards) don't realize what's happening with Van Halen. Obviously we'll buy the product regardless of how much time passes, the general public doesn't know what's going on.

Eruption
    Last Online

I understand you guys' point about the casual fan not keeping up, but there was a time when the radio djs were always alluding to rumors and such when they played VH. I don't know about you, but I heard people actually interested in VH again. This time last year the radio was talking Coverdale etc. It was a steady diet of VH "news" coming out to the populous whether you were a VH fan or not. The casual fan was hearing of the second coming of the original VH. Now when I mention VH they go "oh yeah, did they ever do anything about a singer.....are they still together?" Personally I'm not that excited with the band now. It was fun at first now it sucks. I don't think the band "owes" anyone anything as some of you allude to it, but it would have been "fan friendly" to have dropped a crumb. The official site is a joke that I never visit. "No news is good news" is old.

------------------

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Limecuda....I understand you being pissed and all. I think most of us have been pissed off alot too. But it is going to happen. The crumb you speak of is probably the remasters. I was talking to someone a few weeks ago and they had no idea that Roth was even in the picture...not everyone is a nut like all of us And if the public doesn't give a shit when the levee breaks, then good...better seats for me

------------------

Here's to your thin red line....MMMMMM I'm stepping over!

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    IMO, they are waiting way too long. It is not good for any band to stay out of the media for over a year.... they could have told us of their plans a month or so after the announcement that Cherone was out of the band ..even if the plans did not work out we would at least know what they were doing (IE. time off, new material with Dave, finding new managment, breaking up and retiring etc.) To me, they should be more fan friendly and at least let us supporters of the band know what their intentions are....whether they work out or not...

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

quote:
    Originally posted by MikeL:
    To someone who doesn't follow this daily (are we obsessed?)

Oh yeah

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VH
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 79th and Sunset:
    IMO, they are waiting way too long. It is not good for any band to stay out of the media for over a year.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That´s a good on, bc to stay away with the intention that rumours will rise and keep the ball rollin without pushin it is very good PR - trick.
    But the selfmade VH publicity has fade away,
    the suprise of dave beeing back too.
    And most important - the VH attitude to stay relativly close to the major fan base has gone.
    Every little band spends nowaday a great amount of time and work in public relation to keep the fans informed via press, media and internet.
    From VH you there is NOTHING !
    That means there is no one who keeps attention to this affairs in the VH camp.
    And all this in front of a new CD and following tour ?!
    Very strange.
    Never heared of any band doing the same before.

So even if there will be a great media hype around the new VH album the clou nowadays is to be stady with informations around the product (VH) bc there are to many other bands outside who will compare with VH.

So I agree, they are waiting to long.

And if time isn´t important - why not wait another YEAR for the next album ?!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think that there are two sides that this can take.

First of all, lets think about the last year or two in music. We have continued to see the new music, such as the pop teen music, the success of Santana mixed with new rock, and the rise and fall of more country cross overs. Over this time, we also have seen the "old " rockers trying to revive their careers; Ratt, Scorpions, Motley, Bon Jovi, Queensryche, Iron Maiden, etc and a few others like Styx and Kansas. Some of this music is quite good and some rather lacks because of loss of time. In this sense, the Van Halen wait is okay, because now the new Van Halen can be released without being in the Santana mix or the flurry of other rockers coming back, and now that they have tried, real Van Halen music will really shine above it. But only if it is somewhat appealling to the younger set, otherwise it will be just us being crazy about it.

The other thought is that they should jump while the iron is hot, i.e. Santana and Bon Jovi. However, I think the boys really could give a shit less about Santana and Bon Jovi.

So, my synopsis is that Van Halen will do the new album soon and it will be everything we hoped it would be, except, don't expect it to replace the teen pop or the Bon Jovi new sound. Van Halen will just be Van Halen and that's why we like them.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

11.01.17 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 607 Times in 299 Posts

i dont think they could announce a reunion too soon. remember that's what happened in 1996. this time they're making sure things are all cool & okay between them before letting the cat outta the bag. this way it won't backfire like it did before. last time they let the word out they were working together right when it was happening and everyone started goin' nuts. then when it didn't pan out it made them look like a big joke. this time, they're not gonna make the same mistake again.

they have issues that needed to be worked out or it would be 1996 all over again. and just like we dont want that i'm sure they don't either.

just my 2 cents....

HYS www.jointfilms.com

Eruption
    Last Online

You might have me wrong. I'm not pissed at all. It's not my career that I could be killing. The theory that they don't want to rush anything and have another '96 doesn't hold. It's been over a year now. At this point a direction has been selected. I could see a 2-3 month decision messing up ala '96, but there has been plenty of time now. Personally I would have prefered to hear a comment or two about that status and direction of the band. We should have heard an official announcement. Anticipation would have followed until a new album released. It would have ended all the nonsense rumors. Years ago when the band was in their prime a tight lipped approach might have garnered more PR, but now with the direction of music few in the music industry really care. Contrary what some may think VH doesn't have the same punch and carry the same weight that it once did. For the band to reach half of their once high popularity, major prealbum publicity has to be done. I just don't see it happening, but I still will buy it.

------------------

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here's how i see it......if your just a "casual" fan who doesnt go to all the sites for ever bit of VH renion news and you just take it as it comes, what difference would it make anyway, why would you care? If you are a die hard who's obsessed like you guys were saying, well of course they will all be happy to get something.

I dont get this losing interest stuff. If im a fan of any band, im probably going to be intetrested no matter how long it that band to release an album ya know? When they do get back, im sure they will get more than enough exposure and airplay and people will notice. Remember,...when Kiss reunited it was huge even thought hey had been together 16 years with 2 other guys in the group, then when they got back with ace and peter it was Kiss everywhere, and i think the same will happen with van halen....only it will be better, like a new album, new tour, and not some recycled rehashed stuff of yesterday like Kiss did.