VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.06.13 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

THIS IS TAKEN FROM BART WALSHS WEBSITE.
    http://www.bartwalsh.com/

Hey!I am officially taking a hiatus from the DLR Band to pursue other musical interests.I'd like to thank David Lee Roth,the DLR Band,crew and especially the fans for making these last 3 years a blast!Stay tuned for updates.
    Peace,
    Bart

ANOTHER TWIST IN THE PLOT!!!!!
    I THINK VAN HALEN WILL BE BACK SOONER THAN WE THINK!! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmmmm.... [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Makes ya wonder doesn't it, how Bart can be so straight up with his fans... and... well...

no need to state the obvious here [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by LA:
    Hmmmm.... [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Makes ya wonder doesn't it, how Bart can be so straight up with his fans... and... well...

no need to state the obvious here [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    Well its rather strange that Daves guitarist is leaving. If he's supposed to put out his DVD this year i would imagine he would go on tour again. Now this leaves the possibility that Steve Vai may be in the picture again or that Dave is back in the studio with Eddie.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.06.05 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ya know we've all assumed before, aint goin there
    bro..

My guess is probs in the studio, or Lowery
    is gonna tour maybe, i dunno.
    Lets let this all unfold & see what happens- [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I ain't going to assume anything. But if Walsh is officially announcing he's leaving, that may mean that the DLR Band is over. This would have been the perfect week for Eddie to call Dave and say, "Okay, let's go." If Eddie still cares about his career, he probably wants to get his shit together so that he's ready to be signed by a major label.

Anyway, speculating is fun, even though it's gotten us nowhere in the last three years or so.

How about the fact that Warners has the masters? Let's get a box set, please. ALL UNRELEASED!

[ February 02, 2002 at 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Rikk ]</p>
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well the way i see it. Dave needs a guitarist and Eddie needs a singer. Lets go boys and get this show on the road!!! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Wasn't there some speculation a few weeks ago when talk started about a new DLRBand cd that Bart, while a good LIVE player, had some deficiency as a creator and writer of new studio music?

Not trying to start a big arguement...just some ponderings on my part.

And for the record, I'm not hoping for anything because we're most likely to get nothing. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Dave needs a guitarist,
    Eddie needs a singer?

Lets think of other opposite things are great TOGETHER.

Peanut butter and chocolate = Peanut butter cups

oil and vinegar = Great togther on a salad (rat salad if you will)

Penis and vagina = need I say more [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Hey Eddie, you say Dave knows where you live, and you probably have his phone number. He will come if you call and make him feel welcome.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    My guess is Bart is probably not sure what Dave is going to do with VH, if anything.

I didnt realize there still was a DLR band ? I havent heard of any future plans ?

There are rumours of a DLR DVD, but that is it ?

Just like Cabo, I expect nothing.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is good news!!!! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Last Online

03.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 868 Times in 463 Posts

Originally posted by PHOENIX:
    Well the way i see it. Dave needs a guitarist and Eddie needs a singer. Lets go boys and get this show on the road!!! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    It ain't happening.

The split with Warner Bros., sadly, sends a signal to the entire fan base that there is no chance for Van Halen to reconcile with David Lee Roth. It completely shuts down the possibility of a reunion. If Van Halen was going to reunite with Dave it would have (a) happened by now and (b) happened at Warner Bros. because they would have hyped the shit out of it. The fact that the band's relationship with WB is over simply spells out that there is no reunion happening. Ever. If Warner Bros. thought that there was even a snowball's chance in hell that the reunion would ever happen, they would have never agreed to the "amicable" split. They would have held on for years with the band doing nothing, costing them nothing, just to be able to be the label who releases the "Van Halen Reunion Album". Plus, you all saw that article with the "Warners wanted the reunion with Dave and Eddie vetoed that", so as painful as it is to admit, it's over, folks.

There isn't no new record contract with Sony or Virgin or anybody that's going to fascilitate a reunion.

Stick a fork in them; Van Halen as we knew it is done. I'm sure Eddie and Alex will do something someday but it sure as hell ain't going to be Van Halen. Sure, it's their last names and they can call the band anything they want, but those two words put together in the context of a rock-and-roll band conjur up more than two brothers from the Netherlands.

I still think the remaining three of them jamming instrumentals, such as "Baluchatherium" and "Inside", and synthy new age stuff, such as "Respect the Wind" and "1984", would be pretty cool right now. And in concert, they could play small clubs and jam those songs instrumentally and then throw in an old classic every now and then with Mikey singing. It wouldn't be "Van Halen" as we know it, but it'd better than churning out another "III" with another singer trying to be that "Van Halen".

It's really the only choice they have if they want to keep any integrity and honesty with representing the "Van Halen" moniker and brand name.

Otherwise, if they get another singer, then they might as well dump Michael Anthony and let him play with Sammy while they find another bass player. Then name the band something else, like "5150" or something. Anything. That'd ring a lot more truer to most Van Halen fans than getting yet another singer and calling Van Halen.

That's my two cents, folks, and... I... am... outtahere!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I understand your feelings, but I don't think any of this guarantees that the band is over. There's no way that Warners will hold on to the band for years thinking that a reunion MAY happen. Warners wanted a reunion NOW or VH is off the label. Obviously that didn't happen. Of course, again, the band may have wanted off the label for reasons having nothing to do with the reunion. Who knows?

I think Ed really knows he's painted himself in a corner the last few years. But if that guy wants to keep tarnishing the name Van Halen to satisfy his own massively inflated ego, then he can go fuck himself. He is not the band. He is a guitarist who can either be in the band Van Halen, the band Van Hagar or he can make solo albums (VH3). It's up to him. But anymore attempts to claim that HE is the band will only tarnish his name and reputation even more.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think Walsh leaving the DLR BAND is a good sign. I really do. Why else would Dave let him up and go unless Dave weren't so concerned about his solo band now? And if that's true, maybe the whole thing is just beginning now. Maybe they didn't want to be on Warners. I mean, it's very coincidental that this happens a week after the WB split.

Who fucking knows anymore?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

By the way, I think the band stating to BILLBOARD that they're not really sure what they're going to do now is not really a sign of anything. While I think it means we're not going to hear anything for a while, I don't think anymore that it rules any possibility out. These guys have been doing nothing LITERALLY for a year or so now (and they tried to do something with Dave before that). I wouldn't be surprised that now that the WB thing is over and the DLR Band is breaking up again that Eddie and Dave may give it another try. If we see no DVD, that may say something about Dave's priorities. After all, another reunion attempt may have been decided just now.

Maybe they kept it from Warners so that a release could be easier which is why they didn't announce it earlier. Of course, they may continue not saying anything because they want to first see if they can really do it this time (just like in the summer of 2000). We'll see. But if I see Van Halen return in a little while with a goddamn ballet singer or the like fronting the band again, they can kiss my ass. I'll spend my money on something worth spending it on. Like a haircut or a 12-pack or a date with Bezek's mom.

[ February 02, 2002 at 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Rikk ]</p>

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Good God Y'all, I waz juzz gettin' used to this cat. I thought he played wonderfully on the Dave Saves The Day Tour '01...fontcow, you could be right or ya could be completely wrong. Who fucking knows anymo? I'll juss wait for the lastes' DLR move, ya know he will be like an ol' bluesman, kickin' out tha jams on the backporch with a spitune, some moonshine, some chaw, a sawed-off iron kitchen chair leg for a slide, a big ol' pawnshop geetar,some shades, an ol' lady hollerin' at ya from inside da houz, a Mississippi saxophone, an' an ass pocket of whiskey an' a frontpocket of gin...