Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:54 AM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member
    To go out and play golf, smoke furiously, and all that stuff - why haven't we heard any new material from Van Halen???
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Golfing is one thing, but smoking furiously isn't any indication of where his physical health is at.

If Ed's cancer is being over stated (as some believe), why does he look so ill? Just looking at him, he doesn't look like he's in a good place right now.

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:54 AM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member
    Maybe Ed was battling cancer - and now he is free of this terrible ailment (I hope so!!). Maybe the daily treatment is more just follow up stuff. That is why he is gaunt looking....Now he can concentrate on getting his weight back up - and having a bit of a good time (as he seems to be doing these days).
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Honestly guys, when I saw the golf event photos, my take was that he is on his way to recovery, or going the other direction. I sure hope its that he is getting better.

We all hope he is doing well !!

Why havent we heard any music ? Thats anyones guess.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:

If Ed's cancer is being over stated (as some believe), why does he look so ill? Just looking at him, he doesn't look like he's in a good place right now.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but I remember back in '98 when a mate and I went to the VHIII tour and the only thing that my mate could say was "he still rocks, but man does he look OLD!!!"
    I agree that Eddie looks older and more fragile even than in '98 but lets remember we have barely seen Eddie in 2 years - its natural that he will look older - have you ever bumped into a friend you haven't seen in 2 years and been amazed how old they look?
    I think Eddie just looks a bit older and thinner. I remember an interview that he did where he said he had to lose a tonne of weight for his hip - it was this time that I started to notice him looking older - I think this is just a result of that do3wn the track a bit. Sure it might be a result of cancer but I'd say he is just getting older.
    RD<br /><br />"Rock 'n' Roll is my second favourite thing in the whole world" - DLR (1983)<br /><br />"We don't go for perfection, we just go for spirit." - EVH (1981)

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] If the way Ed looks now is strictly the aging process, he's not going to be an old man. Shit, I see people everyday that look healthier than that who are over 80.

Sure he looked thin on the III tour, but it was a muscular type of thinness. He's lost a lot more weight since then. And I can't see him needing to be that thin for the sake of his hip.