Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Right, before you go any further, notice that I'm from the UK. We don't get things straight away like the USA does...

Well, I've been off ill with 'flu for the past few days, so have pretty much spent the last few days drinking Lemsips, blowing my nose whilst wrapped up in the duvet on the sofa flicking through daytime TV channels.

Anyway, I checked out the film channels, and was lucky enough just to see Little Nicky was starting. I cannot remember why I didn't go to see this film. I think a friend of mine said it was crap or something.

Anyhow, couple of minutes into the film and I hear those horn sounds. "Hello!", I think. And low and behold, yes, it's Van Halen's - Running With The Devil he's jamming away to.

I laughed my head off throughout this film. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but the ending was so good !!! [img]smile.gif[/img] But nice to see Van Halen used as a soundtrack (but hey, it is an Adam Sandler film). Just came as a nice surprise since I didn't know anything about this.

Then, last night, I'm watching the Simpsons. It's the episode called, Behind The Comedy. There's a scene where the Simpsons have been tricked to getting back together. Upon hearing this, the presenter says, "Yeah, I'm trying to get Van Halen to reunite with Sammy Hagar as well !". It then goes to a shot of the crowd where Eddie, Mike and Alex are sat with an empty seat and then Sammy Hagar is sat on the other side of the empty seat. They immediately turn their backs on each other...

Now, I remember reading about this on The Van Halen News Desk, but (referencing my opening comment) it's taken a while to get round to the UK, and I probably missed it the first time.

Very, very funny to see. Had Ed dressed up in a stripey outfit.

But sad that this is the only Van Halen related stuff I can get excited about nowadays huh ? That's like, what ? 12 seconds of material ?

[ October 14, 2002, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: mondola ]
    "<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

adam sandler must be a halen fan too.....

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Too Right !!!

"Now get out off my Van Halen t-shirt before you Jinx the band and they break up !"

Adam Sandler - The Wedding Singer
    "<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>