Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

7th Seal / Amsterdam
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes thats right kids, over on Redrocker.com they listed today that Sam and Dave will be presenting at the VMA's!!! Most of the show will propably suck but Ill watch just to see Sam and Dave. Who knows what will happen.

Rock On!!
    "Dude, that smells...Did you check your drawers?" -EVH<br /><br />witch-hunt.com

Favorite VH Album

Balance, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, Romeo Delight,
    Last Online

02.05.15 @ 12:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

For some reason, I'm actually surprised this is coming to fruition. I guess I'll have to watch that crap now.
    "There is a fine line between stupid and clever" - Nigel Tufnel

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

I'm not that surprised... I guess I see the relevancy in the fact that they are touring right now... the two of them paired is unprecidented... people and the press are finding an interest in them probably cause there really isn't much controversial going on in the biz... And they are about the only draw on the ticket representing the Rock world... kinda a token representation but one none the less... that's my random thoughts on the matter.
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by wip5150:
    For some reason, I'm actually surprised this is coming to fruition. I guess I'll have to watch that crap now.
    Will you record it for me? There is no way I can sit through one of those MTV award shows.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Finally, something to look forward to !!

Great News !!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I guess having Dave and Sam show up at the MTV music awards is cool enough but unless Ed, Al and Mike are a part of it really doesn't mean all that much to me. Out of a 3hr. shit ridden show I'm going to stay tuned just to watch a 2 minute bit with Dave and Sam. Uhh I guess maybe I'll have no choice in the off chance that Ed, Al and Mike show up. If VH is a no show I hope Dave and Sam don't take any cheap shots at the brothers.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

i can't wait to see the bullshit ovation they get when they come out

how many teenagers out there really give a shit, anyway? this is a britney/puff daddy world we live in. when was the last time you saw a DLR, Sammy, or VAN HALEN video on MTV? They are just having them appear for the sake of controversy and the hopes that they'll say some stupid anti-VH bullshit. that's all MTV thinks VH is good for anyway - a big joke.
    -VanEdge
    1992 EBMM EVH (Translucent Red)
    1993 EBMM EVH (Translucent Yellow)
    1999 Peavey Wolfgang (Translucent Purple)
    2005 EVH Art Series Charvel (Red/White/Black Stripe)
    2009 EVH Wolfgang (Tobacco Sunburst)

THE INTERNET HAS BEEN GIVEN FAIR WARNING... VHLINKS/FORUMS WILL NOT DIE!!! - VanEdge

"Eddie Van Halen could fart into a microphone and make better music than anyone else." - VanEdge

"See, all I do is make music..." - EVH

"Look at all the people here tonight!" - DLR

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe EVH and company will show up with their newest singer to present an award as well.

Now let's all try to guess who from which lame 80's band that person will be. What's that dudes name frome "EUROPE". Or could it be that dude from "KINGDOM COME". Can you imagine if they got that dude from EXTREME?

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by VanEdge:
    i can't wait to see the bullshit ovation they get when they come out

how many teenagers out there really give a shit, anyway? this is a britney/puff daddy world we live in. when was the last time you saw a DLR, Sammy, or VAN HALEN video on MTV? They are just having them appear for the sake of controversy and the hopes that they'll say some stupid anti-VH bullshit. that's all MTV thinks VH is good for anyway - a big joke.
    You'd be surprised how may teens out there actually like Van Halen, if not, the entire 80's era of music.

My neighbor's daughter is 15, and everyt time she comes over she drools over my collection of 80's metal discs and albums. She likes a few of the bands out there right now, but for the most part likes 80's, and some late 70's, music more.

As for the MTV audience, how many of us were shocked to see just about every single person giving them a standing ovation in '96, given the fact that rap and metal/rap were extremely huge at the time? You even had black artists in the audience giving VH their respects that night.

MTV is the big joke anyways. Last time I checked, the "M" stood for "music". Now it seems to stand for "miscellaneous", "monotony", "more shitty music", etc.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

i hear you, but i still maintain that the ovation they got in '96 was totally bogus, too.

if one person in that audience would have jumped off a bridge, the rest of them would have followed.

how could an audience cheer so energetically for a band which hadn't been on MTV in years?

if MTV endorsed VH in any way, they'd have had a presence there. but MTV only likes VH for the sole reason of spectacle, and MTV's audience is a bunch of sheep.

(i'm not saying there aren't teenagers and people who watch MTV who know better. I'm generalizing.)
    -VanEdge
    1992 EBMM EVH (Translucent Red)
    1993 EBMM EVH (Translucent Yellow)
    1999 Peavey Wolfgang (Translucent Purple)
    2005 EVH Art Series Charvel (Red/White/Black Stripe)
    2009 EVH Wolfgang (Tobacco Sunburst)

THE INTERNET HAS BEEN GIVEN FAIR WARNING... VHLINKS/FORUMS WILL NOT DIE!!! - VanEdge

"Eddie Van Halen could fart into a microphone and make better music than anyone else." - VanEdge

"See, all I do is make music..." - EVH

"Look at all the people here tonight!" - DLR

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Sorry Van Edge but I have to disagree.

Lets turn the clock back 10-15 years.

If Led Zeppelin made an appearance on MTV, the crowd would go wild.
    Kiss did make an appearance on MTV and they did get a huge ovation.

Van Halen from the Dave era to the Sammy era was that generations "Led Zep, Kiss, Aerosmith, etc."

Sure alot of the "hip-hop" might be like "so what".
    But the true musicians have in some way been influenced by the music that VH created.
    Bands like Weezer, Creed (who opened for VH), and Fuel were all greatly influenced by Eddie & Co.

Most fans know that the Britney's and NSYNC's will eventually go away much like the Debbie Gibson's and the New kids on the Block did.

What I will be interestd in seeing is what music will be played when they come out on stage. Dave era/ Sam era or will they play "Without You"
    But For some reason, I get the feeling that their is a trick up somebody's sleave for that night.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:59 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Wow, I actually have an excuse to watch the show. I'm looking forward to seeing what those two are going to do. As for fan reaction, I think it will be a good one. Remember, there are not just teenagers in the crowd. Most of the younger bands grew up listening to Van Halen so they should at least show some respect to Dave and Sam.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I will watch it now I guess...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

If you go back and watch that Mtv96 thing, you'll see that ALOT of the people who were standing and cheering(forever I might add [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] ) were NOT 15 year old kids. Most of them were older celebs and whatnot.

THOSE PEOPLE remember the "good ole days" of the "fun" videos like Panama, HfT, Gigolo, etc [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I remember watching it at work and we were all standing around giving each other high 5s and the hairs were standing up on our arms.

I also remember MTV hyping the release of "Me Wise Magic" AFTER the fact that Eddie had came along and put the kibosh on the reunion--they ran a clip of the song with some old footage.

hell they ran the "Welcome Back Dave" ad! of course Eddie flipped out. I think at the time Mtv was really wanting it to work out(along with everyone else) but NOW, if it was to happen, Van Halen will have to part the Red Sea to fix the damaged PR the whole thing caused
    Eat Us and Smile!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH II (at the moment)
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky (at the moment)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here we go again...lets see if the crowd even cares this time around...God I hope this is a sign of things to come.
    Roth: I've always been academic. I've trained in martial arts since my 12th birthday. I like contact sports, history books and the fine art of ridicule and sarcasm. I can gang-sign the alphabet and I own a Mercury low-rider. I am a black man trapped in a Jewish body.