Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All I could say is it's about time !!!.
    They dissed the fans for WAAAAY to long!
    I have never been witness to such disrespect and ignorance towards the fans... ONE time...ONLY ONE FUCKING TIME did the band ever speak on their "official" website and that was what two years ago? Not one other word by any of the other guys. Not one Fucking update. Not one "Hi guys, thanks for showing up everyday"
    If you surf some other "official" sites you will find one on one dialog with band members..and at the very least.. periodical updates...

VH should have closed the dome 24 months ago.. In fact they should have never opened it.

If Eddie was in a desperate situation then all is excused but let us not forget..most reliable sources and even according to Eddie and Val's statement (and even Sammy Hagers recent statement) Eddie is in good health and not one relaible person ever stated that it was Eddie's health that was the cause for such a long delay,, infact Val made it a point to say Eddie is Fine..

There is such a lack of good music out there that I'm sure whatever they do next will be head and shoulders above the current "rock" scene and it is for no other reason than the lack of good music that I will buy a new VH disc.. It certainly isn't because the band is "Likable" anymore.

Before I get flamed Let me Clarify a few things.
    I don't think VH owes us a detailed specific update on every facet of their lives. In fact Eddies Health is not our business. But to think that The band could have, many many months ago given us a simple statement to hold us over but choose to ignore even the diehards on their official site is to much of a slap in the face... The only way I would excuse this behavoir was if Eddie's health was worse then what we were lead to beleive and don't forget We were indeed lead to beleive that Eddie is doing just fine....we can only go by what we are told.. so if it turns out the delay is indeed do to Eddie's health than the outrage that I and others feel is still justified because We were lied to.

Yes, I'm bitter.. And whatever happens My feelings about the band.. namely Eddie (My hero) and Alex have changed... Ed's Smile doesn't cut it anymore...The band has done nothing but Shit on the fans over the last few years and It's changed the relationship with the fans.
    It would not surprise in the least me if I reunion with DLR. was a huge failure..The hell with em. I don't need to hear Ed Play the same damn solo in concert that he's been playing for 25 years again anyway...
    The damage is done.

Ps.
    I'm Smelly Felly BTW.. Nice to meecha..

[ December 06, 2001 at 10:56 AM: Message edited by: smelly felly ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Liked 11,542 Times in 4,917 Posts

Umm...the dome wasn't open 24 months ago. In fact has barely been open a year.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

..Does'nt matter.. I think ya get my point.
    I was talking about not only the dome but the Official website.. which has been open for many years.. They did'nt need the pleasure dome to give us an update..

[ December 06, 2001 at 11:00 AM: Message edited by: smelly felly ]

[ December 06, 2001 at 11:02 AM: Message edited by: smelly felly ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Liked 11,542 Times in 4,917 Posts

Point taken.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Starting to think that Brad closed the dome because of something other than repairs.

Seems like the band decided to pull the plug for awhile so they can come back and hit us with a BANG. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Whether it will be the announcement of Dave's return or even the return of The Red rocker.
    But maybe due to a mystery # 4 singer. That way if it is a 4th voice behind the microphone the bashing won't occur on their own site and they will let the music do the talking no matter who the singer is.

Why else would they close it?
    Could they be un-happy with Brad? If so I think that the whole site would be closed. I don't know if Brad or VH legally owns the site or how it could be transferred to a new web-master.
    If Brad lashed out after the Michael Anthony comments on his own, maybe Eddie wasn't happy about how he treated Rols and Fullbugaz. If he thought that Dave was disrespectful to BECK in 96' he must have been really pissed at Brad.

The Saga continues:
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not glad its closed. The board was very buggy and need to be fixed, but there were alot of good fans who met there and now alot of them are up shit creek. I'm very Pro Dave Era =VH= and never felt like I was dumped on in anyway. I hope Brad is able to bring it back up.......

Those that hated the Dome can stone me now!

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Starting to think that Brad closed the dome because of something other than repairs.

Seems like the band decided to pull the plug for awhile so they can come back and hit us with a BANG. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Whether it will be the announcement of Dave's return or even the return of The Red rocker.
    But maybe due to a mystery # 4 singer. That way if it is a 4th voice behind the microphone the bashing won't occur on their own site and they will let the music do the talking no matter who the singer is.

Could they be un-happy with Brad? If so I think that the whole site would be closed. I don't know if Brad or VH legally owns the site or how it could be transferred to a new web-master.
    If Brad lashed out after the Michael Anthony comments on his own, maybe Eddie wasn't happy about how he treated Rols and Fullbugaz. If he thought that Dave was disrespectful to BECK in 96' he must have been really pissed at Brad.

The Saga continues:
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dennis:
    I'm not glad its closed. The board was very buggy and need to be fixed, but there were alot of good fans who met there...

Who were all banned by $tark$

and now alot of them are up shit creek. I'm very Pro Dave Era =VH= and never felt like I was dumped on in anyway. I hope Brad is able to bring it back up.......
    Those that hated the Dome can stone me now!

If you wanna get "stoned" Dennis, you're gonna have to come back to the Army where all the stoner smilies are
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Interesting...............
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

they probably closed it because there is probably NOTHING going on with the band, and they're starting to realize that having a message board is just pissing off too many people
    Eat Us and Smile!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

06.07.06 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Eddymon:

The Saga continues:
    <hr></blockquote>

I gotta give you credit Eddymon, you are always optimistic about things. But I just don't see anything happening. If/when the Dome comes back up, there will be nothing new, and probably no explanation as to why it went down. How many times have we tried to construe the slightest change in these websites as something happening with the band? I've gotten my hopes up several times that site redesigns or closings might mean we are about to get some REAL news, but everytime it's nothing. Personally, I get the feeling that none of the band members give a shit about the websites or what goes on with them.
    My name is Bond. Astrobond.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hain23x:
    they probably closed it because there is probably NOTHING going on with the band, and they're starting to realize that having a message board is just pissing off too many people<hr></blockquote>

I'm thinking more along these lines. Too many people have been upset with VH not saying anything. Then this thing with Rols in Arizona. It's all too close together for me to think otherwise.

I'm not blaming anyone but the band on this one. Brad did a hell of a job, but was really put between a rock and a hard place with van halen. I've never been to a concert and would love to see them. As each day goes on, I start to believe that VH will never tour again.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I kind of feel bad for Brad sometimes.

Must suck having Van Halen for a boss, no matter how big of a fan you are. All this secrecy and no news is good news bullshit has got to drive him nuts.

That being said, never really like the Dome. Only posted about 15 times there.
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The Dome was closed because Brad is having some difficulty making the jump to the new UBB version.

That's the most likely explanation.

It's also the holiday season, and what better way for Brad to grab some extra Christmas cash than to generate some billable hours by dinking with a new message board version? That's just my cynical side showing through.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I'll take the Links over the Dome anytime. I'm with you rxman, I only posted their periodically and to tell you the truth I haven't clicked on to the official site in a couple of months. I mean if their's any news I'll hear it here first and then click on to the Dome for the rest of the story. I just don't understand why the band has continued with this cone of silence policy. It sucks and just doesn't make any sense.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"