Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

05.24.20 @ 12:21 AM
    Liked 2,917 Times in 1,363 Posts

Bummer to hear about Devin Townsend.

I'd gradly donate but unfortunately just now donated my last $100 to KISS's Go Fund Me page. I felt bad for poor old Gene Simmons in need of $ it broke my heart.

2. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

05.26.20 @ 12:57 AM
    Liked 3,259 Times in 1,585 Posts

Default Hey Ed, Al, Wolf....

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    That net worth thing is not even close. Not even close. Trust me. As an artist, he earns more than $50k a year, of course. But he takes home $50k. Everything above that goes back into the business. And again, he only really earns when he tours. Everything he does he pays for. His label is basically there to handle legal issues and distribution.

There's nothing wrong with asking people to help out financially, especially when you're on the verge of losing everything. It's a hell of a lot better than asking for government assistance. Fans want him to continue, so I really don't see a problem. We're talking about consenting adults here. In return, he's releasing new content almost daily, doing live streams, classes, all kinds of shit.

I don't see any issues with it. People want to help, let them help. That net worth thing is hoot, though. I know the guy, his family, his friends, and people he works with. He is nowhere near worth $2 million. That is laughable.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk
    You have to be kidding, his take home is more than $50k, but the truth is we do not know what he makes but letís just say his business that he owns pays him a salary of $50k

Well heís about to get $1200, a $600 expansion on top of regular unemployment and as a small business, heís eligible to get a VERY friendly loan, he doesnít need Gofundme, the fact that heís gone that route is absolutely disgusting. 3 million people just lost there jobs that would kill to be in his position, but they arenít famous enough for a gofundme

You canít defend it man, it is straight up greed and a con, anyone that falls for it Iím going to target to sell a bridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Ted Nugent is also in dire need of help. He cant feed his family because they closed the forest & he cant go hunting for food

6. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Charlie Sheen is running low on Cocaine. If you have any extra please pop by his mansion in Beverly Hills to donate.

8. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

05.25.20 @ 11:15 PM
    Liked 5,058 Times in 3,282 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    EVH is selfish & ignorant when it comes to anything extra so far as old studio outakes & live stuff.

Bummer.
    Maybe Edís just worried about dodging the bug, seeing as how he has a compromised immune system.

Food for thought.

10. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

05.25.20 @ 07:47 PM
    Liked 14,806 Times in 8,093 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    You have to be kidding, his take home is more than $50k, but the truth is we do not know what he makes but let’s just say his business that he owns pays him a salary of $50k

Well he’s about to get $1200, a $600 expansion on top of regular unemployment and as a small business, he’s eligible to get a VERY friendly loan, he doesn’t need Gofundme, the fact that he’s gone that route is absolutely disgusting. 3 million people just lost there jobs that would kill to be in his position, but they aren’t famous enough for a gofundme

You can’t defend it man, it is straight up greed and a con, anyone that falls for it I’m going to target to sell a bridge

Yeah, it's just awful timing on his part, considering what everyone is going through
    and the uncertainty.

He comes off, at best, very self absorbed.

Isn't his signature guitar insanely expensive?

Sell some gear, i dunno...

The Gofundme thing always rubbed me the wrong way.
    Then there's the Patreon thing for all these youtube idiots...

Support what i do, so i can sit at home and make videos.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

12. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

05.25.20 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 1,299 Times in 733 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    You have to be kidding, his take home is more than $50k, but the truth is we do not know what he makes but letís just say his business that he owns pays him a salary of $50k

Well heís about to get $1200, a $600 expansion on top of regular unemployment and as a small business, heís eligible to get a VERY friendly loan, he doesnít need Gofundme, the fact that heís gone that route is absolutely disgusting. 3 million people just lost there jobs that would kill to be in his position, but they arenít famous enough for a gofundme

You canít defend it man, it is straight up greed and a con, anyone that falls for it Iím going to target to sell a bridge

He's Canadian...

And I do know what his take home is. I know exactly what it is. I actually personally know the guy. And right now he doesn't have any. He has a wife, a kid, and no real income right now. He's deep in the hole. Deep. I think a lot of people don't really understand how small of an artist he really is.

He needs money to pay his bills and feed his family, just like anyone else. Without it, he loses it all. You don't have to believe me. I'm just telling you how it is. Nobody has to donate, but the reason he has accomplished as much as he had is because his fans support what he does, and want him to continue.

The guy hates money. Absolutely fucking hates it, and all it stands for. It was his management that convinced him to do this, because he wouldn't have done it otherwise. The fans were pushing for it. "Where can we donate?" "How can we help?" The guy would not ask for, or accept, help if he didn't have family to support. He was getting ready to enter the workforce again.

All the stupid shit people throw their money away on, even during the current crisis, and people are pissed because people choose to throw theirs at an artist whose work they appreciate, and want to continue? The majority of which is from refunded ticket money and what would have been merch sales if the tour had continued.

The guy is a person on the verge of losing house and home. He has an opportunity not to. How can anyone begrudge someone of that? Because more people are aware of who he is than the average person?

blah blah blah Devin Townsend blah blah blah

https://www.facebook.com/devintownsendexperience

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

05.25.20 @ 05:20 PM
    Liked 2,673 Times in 1,503 Posts

Yup, seems possible. You don't hear his songs on the radio, and in this day and age, he doesn't sell records. I don't think he has a lot of dough. I think with all the waste in this world, 77K to Devin Townsend is not gonna keep me up at night.
    Little Dreamer

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

05.25.20 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 1,299 Times in 733 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    Yeah, it's just awful timing on his part, considering what everyone is going through
    and the uncertainty.

He comes off, at best, very self absorbed.

Isn't his signature guitar insanely expensive?

Sell some gear, i dunno...

The Gofundme thing always rubbed me the wrong way.
    Then there's the Patreon thing for all these youtube idiots...

Support what i do, so i can sit at home and make videos.
    He sells gear all of the time. About 6 or 7 years ago he had to sell a lot of his gear on tour in order to get his band and himself home. He's always selling off his stuff. He's currently selling stuff.

He really doesn't make a ton of money. Again, he takes home $50k a year if he's touring and succesful. He makes very little in between tours. He makes next to nothing on music sales. In fact, he never breaks even there.

blah blah blah Devin Townsend blah blah blah

https://www.facebook.com/devintownsendexperience

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Default Hey Ed, Al, Wolf....

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    He's Canadian...

And I do know what his take home is. I know exactly what it is. I actually personally know the guy. And right now he doesn't have any. He has a wife, a kid, and no real income right now. He's deep in the hole. Deep. I think a lot of people don't really understand how small of an artist he really is.

He needs money to pay his bills and feed his family, just like anyone else. Without it, he loses it all. You don't have to believe me. I'm just telling you how it is. Nobody has to donate, but the reason he has accomplished as much as he had is because his fans support what he does, and want him to continue.

The guy hates money. Absolutely fucking hates it, and all it stands for. It was his management that convinced him to do this, because he wouldn't have done it otherwise. The fans were pushing for it. "Where can we donate?" "How can we help?" The guy would not ask for, or accept, help if he didn't have family to support. He was getting ready to enter the workforce again.

All the stupid shit people throw their money away on, even during the current crisis, and people are pissed because people choose to throw theirs at an artist whose work they appreciate, and want to continue? The majority of which is from refunded ticket money and what would have been merch sales if the tour had continued.

The guy is a person on the verge of losing house and home. He has an opportunity not to. How can anyone begrudge someone of that? Because more people are aware of who he is than the average person?

Well he would ask for it, cause he did. He would accept it because he is. Let me tell you a story

Iíve worked in the event industry doing production for 25 years, Iíve worked with many artists and corporations.

In January I was a victim of budget cuts. Not a big deal, with a 25 year resume, id pick up something else. But then the virus hit, and overnight the events industry was gone. And unlike him, when this is over that industry is not coming back anytime soon.

I have a mortgage, a car payment and bills to pay. And like many people Iíve had to file unemployment. And because I filed before the virus, Iím not eligible for the unemployment expansion, and due to what I made last year, Iím not eligible for the direct check either.

If you would like to know the difference between me and Mr Townsend, Iíll tell you.

I saved money in case something like this happened, enough to live on for multiple years. He didnít, not too smart on his part.

I lowered myself to find another job to pay the bills because itís not about ego, itís about doing the right thing

So Iím sure he has assets he can sell, Iím sure a hospital or grocery store could use his services, banks are hiring, so are investment firms.

He does not, nor should he ask for or expect his fans to donate money, as Iím sure many of them will be struggling in the near future if they arenít now.

So if he is a friend of yours, Iím sorry, but I think itís a bush league move. And if the money is not enough for him, and heís only making $50k, he should consider a career change.

Either way, heís asking people through a go fund me to bail him out, I guess they can do that if they choose. But I choose, even while unemployed to give to the Church, to food banks, and other charities.

Oh and by the way, he could always produce music and sell it if he wants money, he shouldnít need donations. If his fans want to help, they would buy a product.

Last edited by Mean Streets; 03.29.20 at 09:20 PM.

18. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

05.25.20 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 4,699 Times in 2,952 Posts

My only question is what did he do when he took years off in the past? I'm sure he doesn't tour every year.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    My only question is what did he do when he took years off in the past? I'm sure he doesn't tour every year.
    Well according to the stats that were listed, he makes more off of gofundme than touring

21. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

05.25.20 @ 09:08 PM
    Liked 15,468 Times in 8,465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I thought what they did was pretty cool.

You just don't like Bonham.
    It's better than most new music out there, but I still just find it " meh". But I get people are hard up for some rock.

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Nm
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 03.29.20 at 09:51 PM.

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

05.25.20 @ 09:08 PM
    Liked 15,468 Times in 8,465 Posts

Wildman, you'll defend anything Townsend does.