fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Who has met the band and tell us your story:
    I met them in Philadelphia on the Fair warning tour.
    my buddy and i went to the hotel they were going to stay at and we went there in the middle of the afternoon, just to get a room.
    Well, they wouldn't let anyone in w/o a prior reservsation. Somehow, i talked my way in to using the pay phone(for what, i dont remember)
    and as i'm standing there, some guy using the phone next to me says he overheard what we were trying to do. It turns out he was with the roadie crew and he said he could set us up w/ a room!
    Unreal! So, we left to go get tickets(scalp) and by the time we got back, our room was ready and inside was a gallon of Jack DAniels, waiting, on ice! It was from Mikeys supply!
    the band had rented the entire floor above us and the roadies had the florr we were on.
    let me tell you, the stories about trashed hotels is absolutley true-this hotel was trashed beyond anything i'd ever seen...and the chicks--holy shit--incredible babes everywhere, basically naked and asking for cocaine!
    it turns out David was so shitfaced, he got into it with the guards and police,etc. he signed a backstage pass for me. It gets better.
    Mikey was just a regular guy who talked to us for about 20 minutes while we were partying-a truly nice guy. it get's better.
    @ 4:00 am, eddie and valerie come walking out in the hallway..i was surprised how short he was--as short as val! of course, he became mobbed by people, but we got close enough to get a pick from him.. i treasure it..then they just took off.
    it gets better...we ran downstairs @ 5:30 am, no sleep and ran out front because the busses were there-they were getting ready to leave. well, we went up to the first bus-and it belonged to Alex..and the door came open and alex was standing in the window motioning us to come on and party--i swear to ..well, trust me,..so we started to step on the bus when a huge bodyguard comes up from behind and pulls us back and says to alex-"no way al, we gotta get moving..."
    and that was that.
    best night of my life as far as concerts and experiences go.
    share yours with us!
    100%, absolutley true!
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Favorite VH Album

1984, Balance, Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mike on SGMAD, Baluchetherium
    Last Online

02.12.07 @ 03:44 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

wow, sounds friggin' awesome [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    How to make a “Mad Anthony”

2 oz Cabo WaboŽ Tequila
    1 oz Spicy V8
    Juice from a fresh Lime
    A generous dollop of Mad Anthony’s Hot Sauce
    Combine in a shaker full of ice and shake it up
    Pour into shot glass garnished with
    a dab of salt
    a small slice of lime
    a slice of Serrano or Jalapeno chili pepper

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Cool story dude [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw ed amd sam at the airport after ,or was it before thier show at Pine Knob in 1993. Didnt meet though.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I met MIchael at the NAMM show. Way cool guy. My friend with me is a very large man, 6'6", 300 lbs, and was actually getting an autograph for a friend of ours who always wears 'Big Dog' clothes. They had us write our name on cards so we could hand it to Mike and he would spell it right, no miscommunication. So it got to my friend, and he wrote, "Let the Big Dog Eat!!! Michael Anthony". As we were walking away, he said to his friend, "Jeez, I hope it is okay I put that"

It was great to see he was concerned for my friends feelings, very cool.

Eddie, well, those of you who frequent know my experience at this years NAMM show.

Alex, had a chance a couple years ago at NAMM, he was 'behind the scenes' at the ST. Louis booth. My same friends father, an owner of a music store, tried to call us on a cell to tell us he was back there and to get us to meet him but the cell was turned off. Oh well, lol.

That is my experience.

The closest I got to Gary was meeting Mike Mangini. He was WAY, WAY cool, but also said that TOJ may not last too long, and he was done after the NAMM, Viper Room, and NY shows.

As for Sammy, I didn't get close at all. In line for Ed all day Sat. at this years NAMM, I took off for a bit to meet Robert DeLeo of STP for the 3rd time. In that time, Vic Johnson walked by the Peavey booth and talked to teh guy in front of me in line who recognized him.

That is about it.

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

perticelli - you need to post that pic of Ed.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

,,l,__^ o ^__,,l,
    Favorite VH Song

,,l,__^ o ^__,,l,
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

!!!!! ...... what band ...... !!!!!

.... .... .... .... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] .... .... ....

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

"too much time on my hands..too much time on my hands.."

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'll let ya know when I know!
    Last Online

05.04.14 @ 04:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Didn't get to "Meet" the band, but I did jump on the stage in Minneapolis during the 'carnal knowledge' tour. It was right after the first encore, so the band was just leaving the stage. So I get up there from Mikey's side, stroll down from stage right, face the crowd, give 'em the double horns, the PACKED house goes apeshit!!!! Then I proceed to swipe ALL the picks off of anthony's micstand, causually stroll over to Ed's micstand and do the same thing. So my mission was complete. I turned to see if I could see the band down in Ed's pit, but it was Ed's tech (matt bruck?) motioning me to get off the stage, so I do, walk right down into eddie's pit. As soon as I got down there, of course, dickhead security guards start tackling me and gettin' tough right there in the pit, until the tech starts yelling at them to be cool cause I was cool in getting off the stage etc.. So I was thrown out right there, but that's cool cause I had a POCKETFULL of picks. Now, here's the sad part. As soon as I got outside, I took out some picks to check them out and mike's where standard w/the logo on one side and his autograph on the other. What do you think Ed's where. D'andrea thin/med. standard yellow. FUCK!!!!!! So I'm bummed right! By this time the show is over and everyone is on the way out. Just about everybody is giving me high 5's etc... So I go in through the out door, right back to the stage and get the tech's attention and plead with him about giving me some monogrammed Edward picks. He said since I went through so much to get them, I deserved some. So he open's up a drawer in one of eddie's cases and hands me a handful, probably about 50 of them. YEAH!!!!!! They had different sayings on the other side of the logo/autograph like "work it honey" and "andy's a hatter" etc.. So after 10 years and giving them away as birthday/christmas presents etc.., I now have 1 of each, about 5. 100% no bullshit. Anybody at that show should remember that. was anybody here, there? [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "Reach down, between ma legs 'n'......scratch my ballsack"

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Dave: Fair Warning Sam: 5150
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love, In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I met them during the Balance tour when they got put in the Michigan walk of fame,infront of the old metro music cafe in Royal Oak,MI. I walked to Ed and shook his hand and said "Hey Ed, my name is ...", and Ed said "Hey ..., my name is Ed." Cool shit man. My friend was delivering pizza two nights later and delivered to the hotel they were at(not to them). They were leaning agianst a second floor rail above the lobby. So he runs to his car and grabs... a baseball! Only thing he had that he could throw up to them. Sammy caught it and he still has a baseball signed by the entire band. But I got to shake Ed's hand. Didn't wash it for a week!
    Man, all I can do is make music and put it out, and if people like it, they like it, and if they don't, they will sooner or later.- EVH

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I met them during the Balance tour when they got put in the Michigan walk of fame,infront of the old metro music cafe in Royal Oak,MI. I walked to Ed and shook his hand and said "Hey Ed, my name is ...", and Ed said "Hey ..., my name is Ed." Cool shit man. My friend was delivering pizza two nights later and delivered to the hotel they were at(not to them). They were leaning agianst a second floor rail above the lobby. So he runs to his car and grabs... a baseball! Only thing he had that he could throw up to them. Sammy caught it and he still has a baseball signed by the entire band. But I got to shake Ed's hand. Didn't wash it for a week!
    Man, all I can do is make music and put it out, and if people like it, they like it, and if they don't, they will sooner or later.- EVH

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.11.15 @ 12:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I met Dave first in '94. YFLM Tour. Small venue. I sort of talked my way backstage. I told security I was from L.A.(this was in Providence)and I was working for a magazine. And that I happened to know Brett Tuggle. Well that didn't work. So I told him I was legit and showed him my CA. ID. Still wasn't buying it...Then Brett walks by. I yell past the security I was standing with "Hey, Brett! It's me, Billy. From L.A.!" Brett gets this look of recognition on his face and comes over. He says, "Hey Man! I thought that was you, in the front row. Come on back." Security lets me through. I don't know Brett.
    At that point I was given a Heineken and began "interviewing" the band for the made-up magazine. Dave stayed in his bus with a chick for most of the time then came out for a brief meet & greet. I was strictly told by Dave's tour manager that I couldn't ask Dave any questions "on the record". I did anyway. He brushed off my question and gave me an autograph. Brett Tuggle was cool.

Second I met Mike. We share the same Birthday. So a couple of years ago My girlfriend asked me where I would like to go for dinner. I said I'd like to go to a favorite local restaurant of Michael Anthony's. Being that it was his birthday too, we could do a JD shot in his Honor. My girlfriend plays bass. So she sneeks one in the trunk of her car that night thinking Mike might be there. Well, He was! While I was in the restroom she asked him if he would sign it for me. When I sat back down in comes walking my girlfriend with Mikey holding this bass! They both come over to my table and wish me a happy birthday and give me the signed bass. mike asked us to join him in the bar for drinks after dinner. We did. It was awesome! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Can\'t pick just one.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<p>I got to meet the band on the VH 3 tour.
    <p>I worked for the radio station I do now,but I got fired for playing Drop Dead Legs for someone. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] NO SHIT!Got fired for playing a request at a radio station,but I got hired back after the station was sold to Clear Channels.So anyways.Back then I was a part-timer pulling shifts left and right and doing all the year end holidays for the full-timers.I told my PD that I would do this in return to meet VH when the new one came out.
    <p>So I get fired and stayed friends with my old PD.He gave me tickets to the shows in Philly and Scranton on that tour and no back stage passes.So they come to Syracuse and I remind him that he was going to get me backstage passes.I dont hear from him until 4 hours before the show that I have meet and greet passes.I had no one to go with I asked 5 differrent people and none of them wanted to go.AND THEY KNEW I HAD MEET AND GREET PASSES. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] I finally find someone and off to 'Cuse we go.
    <p>The band let us take picture with them,but no autographs.They even gave us a throw away camara to take pictures with if we didnt have our own.THe guys were very cool,but not to talkative at all.
    <p>So I had my picture taken with them I made sure I was next to Eddie.It was cool.Now I host a Metal Show for my station and get to meet alot of bands,but nothing comes close to meeting VH.

[ March 06, 2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: freeswilly ]
    Are we going to have to wait for Wolfie to start his own band before we get another Van Halen CD?

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

originaly posted by freewilly:

Are we going to have to wait for Wolfie to start his own band before we get another Van Halen CD?

Shit man, another 5 years and he might be the new lead singer!!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Can\'t pick just one.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<p>Shit I almost forgot.I did get to drive back stage once at the Weedsport,NY show on the LRHRN tour.I got there at 9:00 in the morning and was just looking for a place to park to hang out.No one else there.I drive right up to the side gate at the place and they think me and my friend are part of the road crew.I had a 85 Firebird with t-top and had it all dressed up.Got us right in.I got to walk around by the tour buses and even went over to the food area and eat from were the bands were going to eat.I watched them set up the stage and asked if they needed any help.I got a big ,"NO! Who are you anyways?"I told them I worked at the race track that we were at.
    <p>I stayed back there until about 5 oclock and no one was walking around from either band.Vince Neil opened up.So the frined that went with me runs out of beer and wants to walk somewhere and get more.I tell him to just sit tight and not to fuck anything up.No he doesnt listen.He couldnt even get past the gate.He came back with a guard and we got kicked out.I smacked the hell out of him for fucking up my chance to meet VH that day let me tell you.