Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 227 of 574 FirstFirst ... 127177217224225226227228229230237277327 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 8604
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

05.28.20 @ 08:02 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 808 Posts

Default 2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading

The risks associated with that medication far outweigh any upside it might have in the fight against this virus, unfortunately.

Shame because it appears to be working for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MF5150; 04.06.20 at 02:05 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.28.20 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 773 Times in 478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Plus the masks are there to protect others. Not you. However the Mask Police seem to think that if I am not wearing one, I am going to infect them. ITS FOR YOU NOT TO INFECT ME.
    But isn't that their point? It's for YOU not to infect THEM? They want you to wear a mask so you don't get them sick?

I don't have a mask either but I think that's why people are freaking out. So far everyone has been very civil where I live. Knock on wood!

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.28.20 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 773 Times in 478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    My visit to WalMart last week... They had me go into and out of the store at the same entrance. The other entrance and the Garden entrance was closed. They had a line of overturned shopping carts to form a barrier, so people would line up on the other side of them to gain entrance. There was no line, and I was able to just walk in. They have 20 foot high security poles in the WalMart parking lot with blue lights on them and speakers. As I arrived in the lot, a pre-recorded announcement was being looped about social distancing. Because it was coming from more than one pole, it had that echo effect I've heard in dystopian movies when announcements were being made to the sheeple.
    There was a HUGE maze (Disneyland would have been proud) made out of shopping carts, wood pallets and yellow ribbon at our Costco this weekend. It was aMAZEing to say the least. We decided to hit the grocery store instead.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

05.28.20 @ 09:27 PM
    Liked 26,868 Times in 15,300 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Vs. Dave View Post
    There was a HUGE maze (Disneyland would have been proud) made out of shopping carts, wood pallets and yellow ribbon at our Costco this weekend. It was aMAZEing to say the least. We decided to hit the grocery store instead.
    They had the same thing at my Costco when I went earlier this afternoon. There was no toilet paper available, but they now have a slew of bottled water. Limit is now 5 per member instead of 1.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

05.28.20 @ 06:09 PM
    Liked 21,332 Times in 12,364 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    The risks associated with that medication far outweigh any upside it might have in the fight against this virus, unfortunately.

Highly exaggerated spin. The cocktail is made of Hydrochloroquine and Z-pack which are two drugs that have been commonly used here. We already know they are safe to use. They are being used to treat this virus and it is having success. Every drug has risk of course, but when you have people who are dying after all else has been tried, there is no harm in trying. So far so good and it is insane that we have politicians playing politics just to take shots at the President.

Those fools are already backtracking thank God.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

7. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

05.28.20 @ 07:56 PM
    Liked 3,266 Times in 1,590 Posts

Default 2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Highly exaggerated spin. The cocktail is made of Hydrochloroquine and Z-pack which are two drugs that have been commonly used here. We already know they are safe to use. They are being used to treat this virus and it is having success. Every drug has risk of course, but when you have people who are dying after all else has been tried, there is no harm in trying. So far so good and it is insane that we have politicians playing politics just to take shots at the President.

Those fools are already backtracking thank God.
    Iím not one to defend Trump, but on this Iíll step up

Look heís a terrible speaker and often struggles to get an accurate point across and it gets lost in his war with the media.

But boiled down what he said was, consult with your doctor and see if itís right for you (btw the tag line on many many drug commercials) and in this he is 100% correct)

Consult with your doctor, itís an approved drug in the market and your doctor can help you determine if itís right for you

This spin that suddenly lupus patients wonít be able to get medication is pure crap.

There are plenty of things that are right to go after Trump on, this isnít one of them

9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

05.28.20 @ 08:47 PM
    Liked 14,860 Times in 8,126 Posts

The good news, Mrs. Johnson, is you are officially virus free.
    The bad news is that you'll be semi blind for your remaining years....
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

05.28.20 @ 08:47 PM
    Liked 14,860 Times in 8,126 Posts

The TP thing is unacceptable.

5 weeks since i've seen any, and ive been to Walgreens, Target, CVS, Stop & Shop,
    Star, Home Depot....

We have some, thanks to the kindness of others, but this much time passing, with
    bare shelves, is infuriating.

WTF are people supposed to do?

Are the seniors buying it all, during the senior hour & a half?

When do they have it?

Certainly not between the hours of 11 AM and 8 PM.

I can see a week or two, but 5 fucking weeks???
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 8,782 Times in 4,475 Posts

Donor

MY STORE HAS TOILET PAPER IF ANYONE NEEDS IT.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Highly exaggerated spin.
    Of course it is. Surgeons and Doctors highly exaggerating and spinning the side effects of this drug, in an effort to make themselves seem smart.

Every drug has risk of course, but when you have people who are dying after all else has been tried, there is no harm in trying.
    This I agree with. If I was rapping on the door and it was "Try this or else", I'd have them pump me full of it.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    The good news, Mrs. Johnson, is you are officially virus free.
    The bad news is that you'll be semi blind for your remaining years....
    Right. Because America has been blinding citizens with chloroquine and Z-pack for years now.

Sweet Geezus
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Of course it is. Surgeons and Doctors highly exaggerating and spinning the side effects of this drug, in an effort to make themselves seem smart.
    Who do you think is prescribing this medication? Ski-Lo from the corner?

These drugs are not new and for fuck’s sake Z-pack is prescribed here all the damn time. Like we don’t know the side effects?

What’s next to be demonized now, aspirin?

I swear some of you just read the headline and don’t actually read what these doctors are actually saying.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

05.28.20 @ 07:46 PM
    Liked 13,839 Times in 7,806 Posts

I know nothing about either of those drugs and therefore have no opinion. I fear many of those arguing for or against them in the press have about the same knowledge i have.

Ps - nice ski-lo reference. I was thinking of another skee-lo who wished he was a little bit taller.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Who do you think is prescribing this medication? Ski-Lo from the corner?

These drugs are not new and for fuck’s sake Z-pack is prescribed here all the damn time. Like we don’t know the side effects?

What’s next to be demonized now, aspirin?

I swear some of you just read the headline and don’t actually read what these doctors are actually saying.
    I'm saying there are plenty of Doctors and medical professionals who are not sold on this drug as treatment because of it's side effects.

To write them off as political spinners is ridiculous but not surprising considering that's the typical response whenever something contrary to what this administration is saying, is brought forth.

Can Hydroxychloroquine Treat COVID-19? We Don’t Know Yet
    https://www.yalemedicine.org/stories...reat-covid-19/

In the days following President Trump’s tweet that hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin were useful for treating COVID-19, pharmacies across the U.S. reported a surge in prescription requests from doctors apparently stockpiling the drugs, according to news reports. State pharmacy boards quickly began enforcing restrictions on how many prescriptions of the medicines could be filled.

Wackos.
    Last edited by MF5150; 04.06.20 at 04:48 PM.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

05.28.20 @ 07:46 PM
    Liked 13,839 Times in 7,806 Posts

Good to see 3M get the issue of selling masks to Canada solved.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk