2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 564
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  489
Save
Page 564 of 649 FirstFirst ... 64464514554561562563564565566567574614 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 9725
    D.O.A.
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Today @ 08:27 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

That was disgusting. People are sick. This gets worse though. Much worse.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 09:12 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Tat Tvam Asi
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:07 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Be birds singing in the rose gardens of immortality, lions roaring in the forests of knowledge and wisdom.

-Baha'i Scriptures

4. BlindtotheWorld, Elwood P. thanked for this post.
    David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Hide the silverware: Plastic forks rule as restaurants reopen

https://www.politico.com/states/cali...YksR1zWRvusn2w

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Cuomo admits 'we all failed' at making coronavirus projections

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo admitted Monday that coronavirus projections from experts were all wrong -- and he's getting out of the business of speculating because of it.

Cuomo said he can't predict when the hospitalization and death rate numbers will drop to the necessary threshold required for reopening certain regions because as he put it, "we all failed" at predicting.

"Now, people can speculate. People can guess. I think next week, I think two weeks, I think a month," Cuomo told reporters on Memorial Day. "I'm out of that business because we all failed at that business. Right? All the early national experts. Here's my projection model. Here's my projection model. They were all wrong. They were all wrong."

Cuomo's rare admission came during an event at the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum in New York City when a reporter asked the governor when hard-hit New York City might reopen.

Cuomo mentioned the statewide criteria that regions needed to hit to phase out of quarantine, which included a 14-day decline in coronavirus hospitalizations and deaths. But, he admitted he didn't "want to guess" when the Big Apple could meet the benchmark because past projections have been wrong.

"There are a lot of variables. I understand that. We didn't know what the social distancing would actually amount to. I get it, but we were all wrong," Cuomo said. "So, I'm sort of out of the guessing business, right? We watched the numbers. We prepare as the numbers drop, so when the number actually hits the threshold, we're ready to go. We just finished that. We're in the midst of that with Long Island, Mid-Hudson region, etc. But... I don't want to guess."

Cuomo revealed Saturday that for the first time since March 24, daily deaths in New York dropped below 100 and Long Island was set to meet the criteria he set out for a phase-one reopening this week.

Under the metrics, regions must have a decline in hospitalizations and deaths and meet testing and contact-tracing benchmarks.

Cuomo's comments on Monday spoke to long-running concerns about the reliability of models that have informed governors and mayors and federal officials imposing historic lockdown measures that crushed the U.S. economy.

The University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME), for instance, has faced criticism for fluctuations in its predictions for total U.S. deaths. Amid these varying predictions, the U.S. nevertheless is poised to surpass 100,000 total deaths from coronavirus in a matter of days.

Cuomo, who has faced criticism in recent weeks for the soaring number of deaths at nursing homes in his state and for a policy that until recently sent coronavirus-positive patients back into those facilities, also was asked Monday about testing policies.

Cuomo said patients were being tested, though the requirements really applied more to staff than to patients.

New York has seen over 362,000 COVID-19 cases and over 23,000 deaths, according to the latest estimates.

During the Monday news conference, Cuomo also announced that state and local governments will provide death benefits for frontline workers who died from COVID-19 during the pandemic, including transit workers, public-health employees and first responders. Their local or state pension funds would pay out the benefit, Cuomo said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuo...tions-new-york
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    So none of these ‘civilized’ people thought of maybe buying her groceries for her? Maybe she was there for a senior member of her family, or maybe she’s a single mom buying food for her kids. There is a kid in the video, could be hers.

These people are savages. This is no way to handle that situation.
    Agreed that was no way to handle the situation. Absolutely not.

But why would anyone buy her groceries for her? Maybe she felt so entitled to just walk into the store without a mask on. Maybe she had the virus and was willing to go to the store anyway. We could all paint up pictures of her character and backstory that we know nothing about.

Bottom line is that she should have had a mask on. By now people should know to wear masks when going to the fuckin' store, especially in NY. That crowd was brutal, no doubt. Shame on them for behaving like that. I've heard of people shouting at other shoppers without masks on or ones who dare to walk the wrong direction inside a store. But that gang-up of the crowd was a bit excessive. She should have expected some shit, but not like that. Jeezus. Someone from the store should have been alerted and handled it in the proper fashion.
    Last edited by jimmy812; 05.26.20 at 03:41 PM.

D.O.A.
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Her kid bolted the fuck outta there. What a mob. Screaming at her, calling her "whore" and "pig", etc..

Yeah, I think people should be wearing masks into stores too. People in New York have gone through a great deal lately, but that mob response is WAY over the line. Those people are absolute idiots, every one of them, including the dumb woman not wearing a mask into a NY grocery store of all place (along with bringing her kid in also w/o a mask). But the mob is by far the worst violator of human decency there.

Every time I enter a grocery store there are people not wearing masks. If this is how people are going to react to those idiots then we are fucked as a nation and even more people are going to die violent deaths over this mask/no mask madness.
    Last edited by Wruff_ajax; 05.26.20 at 03:33 PM.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

9. jimmy812, japeape, bklynboy68, JUNGLE DRUMMER thanked for this post.
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 09:01 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Her kid bolted the fuck outta there. What a mob. Screaming at her, calling her "whore" and "pig", etc..

Yeah, I think people should be wearing masks into stores too. People in New York have gone through a great deal lately, but that mob response is WAY over the line. Those people are absolute idiots, every one of them, including the dumb woman not wearing a mask into a NY grocery store of all place (along with bringing her kid in also w/o a mask). But the mob is by far the worst violator of human decency there.

Every time I enter a grocery store there are people not wearing masks. If this is how people are going to react to those idiots then we are fucked as a nation and even more people are going to die violent deaths over this mask on/mask off madness.
    Not that it matters, but is there a store policy on people needing to wear masks? If there is then the store should deal with this. It shouldn't be up to random idiots to yell her out of the store.

I wear one when I'm around other people in a store just out of courtesy. I think everyone should do the same. We need to look out for each other.

D.O.A.
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Not that it matters, but is there a store policy on people needing to wear masks? If there is then the store should deal with this. It shouldn't be up to random idiots to yell her out of the store.

I wear one when I'm around other people in a store just out of courtesy. I think everyone should do the same. We need to look out for each other.
    Yes, and Yes, and Yes. Every grocery store today that I've seen has a mask policy in place.

That store chain put out a statement saying that in their policy they request that people alert store management of violators so that they can deal with it.

A while back, when going into public spaces with masks on became a huge issue and businesses began with the mask policy then I walked into the grocery store near me (big sign on the entrance that masks were required), and there were several customers not wearing them. I said to the cart guy (in his 40's) if they were enforcing the policy. He said "well, yeah" hesitantly.

Then that very evening I saw the story about the store security guard who was shot in the head for trying to enforce the policy, and also a video of a girl working in a retail store who reminded an unmasked customer of their policy, and the man walked over to her and wiped his nose on her shirt. So many stories like this in recent weeks.

I realized in a terrible way that we cannot expect grocery store staff, with all that traffic in and out, to enforce the mask policy, because to do so places them in very real danger of being assaulted or even killed. Not fucking worth $12.50/hr, to put it mildly.

So, I suspect the staff of that NY grocery store knew the woman had entered without a mask, but just didn't say anything (they see it 1000 times a day), and so the mob that was present took matters into their own hands, unfortunately. I'm sure it started with one person calling her out, and then another joining in, etc, until they had themselves a bonafied mob ganging up on the woman all together.
    Last edited by Wruff_ajax; 05.26.20 at 03:56 PM.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

12. JUNGLE DRUMMER thanked for this post.
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster100,000 VHL Life Points

Speaking of angry mobs...

This woman did a very stupid thing, but her entire life is destroyed as a result:

Fired from her job, lost her dog, death threats/public shame, even lifetime ban from Central Park!

Again, she's a ridiculous "Karen" in all of this, but why must we completely & joyfully obliterate
    this person's entire life?

She doesn't seem completely stable, what if she kills herself?
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Agreed that was no way to handle the situation. Absolutely not.

But why would anyone buy her groceries for her? Maybe she felt so entitled to just walk into the store without a mask on. Maybe she had the virus and was willing to go to the store anyway. We could all paint up pictures of her character and backstory that we know nothing about.

Bottom line is that she should have had a mask on. By now people should know to wear masks when going to the fuckin' store, especially in NY. That crowd was brutal, no doubt. Shame on them for behaving like that. I've heard of people shouting at other shoppers without masks on or ones who dare to walk the wrong direction inside a store. But that gang-up of the crowd was a bit excessive. She should have expected some shit, but not like that. Jeezus. Someone from the store should have been alerted and handled it in the proper fashion.
    They didn’t know about her either. That’s why those jackasses should have handled it better. Maybe ask her? And that one guy calling her a dirty pig? They’re the ones who acted like dirty pigs in that situation.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

15. JUNGLE DRUMMER thanked for this post.
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post

This woman did a very stupid thing, but her entire life is destroyed as a result:

Fired from her job, lost her dog, death threats/public shame, even lifetime ban from Central Park!

Again, she's a ridiculous "Karen" in all of this, but why must we completely & joyfully obliterate

NYC woman in viral Central Park video is fired: 'We do not tolerate racism'

The white woman walking her dog in New York City who called police to report she was being threatened by “an African-American man” has been fired by investment firm Franklin Templeton.

The company said on Twitter: “Following our internal review of the incident in Central Park yesterday, we have made the decision to terminate the employee involved, effective immediately. We do not tolerate racism of any kind at Franklin Templeton.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-woman...olerate-racism

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Today @ 08:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Racism sucks, that’s the take away from that story.

And as easy as it is to become positively famous in this new age, it’s equally as easy to become negatively famous while out on a walk with your dog.

Be smarter and better, or else you might ruin your life.

I don’t dig the cancel culture we have right now, but I also don’t feel sorry for these sorry pieces of shit amongst us, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:55 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

Yes but she knew what she was doing and even identified what she intended to do by announcing it as a threat. Considering black men have been killed by cops literally aitting still or smoking a cigarette etc... yes she felt that was an acceptable risk cause ypu know he was black.
    In Minneapolis a man with her last name but black not white skin died when a cop refused to get off his neck deapite.being motionless and onlookers pleading you are gonna kill him.

He will not have an opportunity to get his life back together but she will. She should be grateful for that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

19. MF5150, It's Mike, cabomiro thanked for this post.
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Honestly, NYPD would have told her to go suck a dick.

21. Darrin Stephens, MF5150, It's Mike, fudd thanked for this post.