2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 575
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  511
Save
Page 575 of 651 FirstFirst ... 75475525565572573574575576577578585625 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,625 of 9754
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

06.06.20 @ 10:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    Yeah, he was kinda acting like the "hall monitor" of the park.
    She was nuts, but his behavior was a bit odd as well.

And what if the animal was on a special diet?
    i can't imagine feeding another person's dog, especially a stranger's.
    Yep. Never ever ever feed another person’s dog.

2. YankeeRose thanked for this post.
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Today @ 09:48 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Yep. Never ever ever feed another person’s dog.
    It's the golden rule.

This one woman i knew, had to boil stuff like chicken, because of the dog's delicate digestive issues.
    We tried to give it scraps, and she freaked.

We were kids, we didn't know.

But it was a good lesson to learn.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Today @ 01:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    The dog treat thing has me a bit perplexed, I'll admit.

I mean there's no rule against feeding somebody else's dog a treat but....

Has the guy said why he had the treats and why he wanted to feed the dog?
    He said he likes to bring dog treats to annoy & scare the owners of dogs, to get them to put their leash on their dog. The woman also said he started throwing dog treats at her dog! That's not normal. I've had dogs. I've never had anyone do anything like that to me. I'm sure I would be angry if some stranger did that to me though.
    Last edited by YankeeRose; 05.29.20 at 11:03 AM.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Today @ 03:23 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose View Post
    He said he likes to bring dog treats to annoy & scare the owners of dogs, to get them to put their leash on their dog. The woman also said he started throwing dog treats at her dog! That's not normal. I've had dogs. I've never had anyone do anything like that to me. I'm sure I would be angry if some stranger did that to me though.
    That is definitely not normal.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

6. YankeeRose thanked for this post.
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

It's the golden rule.

This one woman i knew, had to boil stuff like chicken, because of the dog's delicate digestive issues.
    We tried to give it scraps, and she freaked.

We were kids, we didn't know.

But it was a good lesson to learn.
    Yep. You don't know if the dog is on a special diet, or it could choke on your treat and then it'd be your fault. It's just too risky.

I understand why the guy had 'em. It was his deterrent, in voiding off aggressively friendly pups. But it's really not wise, and it's dangerous. Best way to deter dogs is to remind them who's in charge. A firm, loud reprimand with a commanding voice and body posture almost always does the trick. For dogs who are too far gone beyond that, your recourse usually is a thumb in the eye if they get aggro enough to jump you.

Lots of people are overly frightened of dogs.
    I have had a number of antagonistic interactions with people insisting on giving my dogs food. Not your call, bozos. If my dogs aren't bugging you (they never do, I train my dogs to the letter), leave us the fuck alone.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Today @ 09:48 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster100,000 VHL Life Points

And something about his voice, kinda annoys me:

Please call the Police!

But she really goes into fake hysterics, when she get's the Police on the phone.
    Meanwhile, the dog is like: Karen...i think you just dislodged my trachea.

Moral of the story: Stay inside on Memorial Day.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

9. KS 5150 thanked for this post.
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:14 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I don't even care if she let her little dog run around when she thought she was alone in the Park. I live across the street from a Park. I've seen it many times. I've never felt I needed to run out with dog treats & try to lure their dog away from it's owner. I've also never felt the need to lecture them about the rules of a Public Park that I don't own, & threaten them. But that's just me.
    Yeah, he was kinda acting like the "hall monitor" of the park.
    She was nuts, but his behavior was a bit odd as well.

And what if the animal was on a special diet?
    i can't imagine feeding another person's dog, especially a stranger's.
    So which is the most egregious action? Lecturing someone on the laws regarding the park, or threatening someone with police action when that action has ended in the death of many young black men?

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    So which is the most egregious action? Lecturing someone on the laws regarding the park, or threatening someone with police action when that action has ended in the death of many young black men?
    The latter, obviously.

She's another scaredy shit for brains white person, plain and simple.

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:14 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I don't even care if she let her little dog run around when she thought she was alone in the Park. I live across the street from a Park. I've seen it many times. I've never felt I needed to run out with dog treats & try to lure their dog away from it's owner. I've also never felt the need to lecture them about the rules of a Public Park that I don't own, & threaten them. But that's just me.
    The latter, obviously.

She's another scaredy shit for brains white person, plain and simple.
    I'm not saying that. She is obviously an intelligent person and not scared at all...until it is time to put on the act for the 911 operator. I get the impression that she is just angry. And I get it, a lot of people are stressed out, particularly in the city by this whole stay at home orders life we are living....I think you really cannot discount that in the behavior of both people involved in this interaction.

It just really strikes me as abusive to use the police to get involved in something that was not a criminal act, but merely the kind of day to day grievance you have just from living near other people.

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

Today @ 01:43 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Yep. You don't know if the dog is on a special diet, or it could choke on your treat and then it'd be your fault. It's just too risky.

I understand why the guy had 'em. It was his deterrent, in voiding off aggressively friendly pups. But it's really not wise, and it's dangerous. Best way to deter dogs is to remind them who's in charge. A firm, loud reprimand with a commanding voice and body posture almost always does the trick. For dogs who are too far gone beyond that, your recourse usually is a thumb in the eye if they get aggro enough to jump you.

Lots of people are overly frightened of dogs.
    I have had a number of antagonistic interactions with people insisting on giving my dogs food. Not your call, bozos. If my dogs aren't bugging you (they never do, I train my dogs to the letter), leave us the fuck alone.
    What kind of pups you got?
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by wombattt View Post
    What kind of pups you got?
    Aussies.

15. edwardv thanked for this post.
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 01:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

New York Times Magazine amends story after ER doctor who allegedly died of coronavirus never died

A diary published in New York Times Magazine claiming that a 26-year-old medical resident died of the coronavirus was amended this week after it was learned the medical resident is still alive and was never sick with the virus.

An article in the magazine posted on April 14 with the headline “I’m an E.R. Doctor in New York. None of Us Will Ever Be the Same” told the story of a 26-year-old medical resident in a New York City hospital training program that died from the coronavirus.

“Later in the day, a co-worker pulls me off to the side,” the emergency room doctor’s diary said. “A resident at another New York City training program died from coronavirus this week, she whispers. I search the internet for any news articles about this and find nothing. Maybe it’s a rumor, I tell myself before falling sleep that night. The next morning, I see the posts on Twitter. He was only 26.”

According to an editors' note added to the article more than two months later on May 26, that medical resident did not die and was not diagnosed with the coronavirus.

“An earlier version of this article described an account that circulated among doctors in April about a 26-year-old medical resident training in New York who was said to have died of Covid-19 in a New York City hospital,” the note began before explaining a case of “mistaken identity.”

“This account was verified with sources involved in the patient's care, but further reporting after publication revealed that it was apparently a case of mistaken identity,” the note continued. “According to a spokeswoman for the American College of Emergency Physicians, a 26-year-old man who died from complications related to the coronavirus had the same name as a young medical resident at a different hospital. Health workers involved in the patient's treatment mistakenly believed that he was a medical resident, but ACEP said it had subsequently confirmed that it was not the same man, and that the medical resident with that name was healthy.”

The information about that doctor has been removed from the article.

Almost 200,000 cases have been confirmed in New York, resulting in just over 21,000 deaths.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rus-never-died
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

17. Elwood P. thanked for this post.
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

05.30.20 @ 08:28 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    New York Times Magazine amends story after ER doctor who allegedly died of coronavirus never died

A diary published in New York Times Magazine claiming that a 26-year-old medical resident died of the coronavirus was amended this week after it was learned the medical resident is still alive and was never sick with the virus.

An article in the magazine posted on April 14 with the headline “I’m an E.R. Doctor in New York. None of Us Will Ever Be the Same” told the story of a 26-year-old medical resident in a New York City hospital training program that died from the coronavirus.

“Later in the day, a co-worker pulls me off to the side,” the emergency room doctor’s diary said. “A resident at another New York City training program died from coronavirus this week, she whispers. I search the internet for any news articles about this and find nothing. Maybe it’s a rumor, I tell myself before falling sleep that night. The next morning, I see the posts on Twitter. He was only 26.”

According to an editors' note added to the article more than two months later on May 26, that medical resident did not die and was not diagnosed with the coronavirus.

“An earlier version of this article described an account that circulated among doctors in April about a 26-year-old medical resident training in New York who was said to have died of Covid-19 in a New York City hospital,” the note began before explaining a case of “mistaken identity.”

“This account was verified with sources involved in the patient's care, but further reporting after publication revealed that it was apparently a case of mistaken identity,” the note continued. “According to a spokeswoman for the American College of Emergency Physicians, a 26-year-old man who died from complications related to the coronavirus had the same name as a young medical resident at a different hospital. Health workers involved in the patient's treatment mistakenly believed that he was a medical resident, but ACEP said it had subsequently confirmed that it was not the same man, and that the medical resident with that name was healthy.”

The information about that doctor has been removed from the article.

Almost 200,000 cases have been confirmed in New York, resulting in just over 21,000 deaths.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rus-never-died
    Oops...
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

19. bklynboy68, JUNGLE DRUMMER thanked for this post.
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

05.30.20 @ 08:28 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

"The dangerousness of Covid-19 was overestimated: probably at no point did the danger posed by the new virus go beyond the normal level.
    The people who die from Corona are essentially those who would statistically die this year, because they have reached the end of their lives and their weakened bodies can no longer cope with any random everyday stress (including the approximately 150 viruses currently in circulation)."

https://www.strategic-culture.org/ne...jND4fQ1VztJNbk
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Today @ 03:43 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life Points

Aussies.
    I'm interested, what's an Aussie dog over there?
    If you always search for bullshit on the Internet, all you ever read is bullshit