2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 197
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 197 of 587 FirstFirst ... 97147187194195196197198199200207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 8805
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 3,725 Times in 2,337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Act View Post
    these kind of devices, like the bi pap could bridge the gap between needing some help breathing, which is exhausting patients, and a full out intubation. If you have ever had a family member on a vent, and I have, the invasiveness of the process and the vulnerability to infection is tremendous.

One good thing that will come out of this is new technologies, protocol and life saving treatments that can help us each flu season ...particularly this next flu season when this thing will most likely circulate again,

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 02:01 PM
    Liked 7,449 Times in 3,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    You know what pisses me off about all this? What this is doing to kids.

My 7 year old daughter asked if she’d done something wrong because we haven’t been out in town more than once. I’m trying to entertain and do what I can but I just can’t shut down mine and their lives. Between her and her 3 year old sister, they are going stir crazy.

And I’m trying to be “responsible” and A. Not expose them and B. Not transmit it to anyone should they be exposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just reuse what you told them about Donald Trump being your president
    https://time.com/4263213/how-to-talk...-donald-trump/

Last Online

Today @ 02:31 PM
    Liked 843 Times in 536 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    You know what pisses me off about all this? What this is doing to kids.

My 7 year old daughter asked if she’d done something wrong because we haven’t been out in town more than once. I’m trying to entertain and do what I can but I just can’t shut down mine and their lives. Between her and her 3 year old sister, they are going stir crazy.

And I’m trying to be “responsible” and A. Not expose them and B. Not transmit it to anyone should they be exposed.
    It sucks. You're not alone. My daughter said she misses school. It's obviously tough on the kids. They miss their normalcy, even if it includes school. Going on walks help, but only a little.

Maybe this will help deter them from going down a bad path later in life, as it's giving them a little experience of what prison is like.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

yeah I know he looks like a turtle, or maybe Garth's dad, but DeWine is doing a great job for Ohioans, as is Dr Amy Acton, and Ohioans need to do a better job for them by continuing to be resolute in our social distancing and stay at home orders

From the BBC coverage on the American Coronavirus response
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-ca...QAQkYLzjKLpMtU

Coronavirus: The US governor who saw it coming early
    1 April 2020

As the coronavirus outbreak barrels throughout the US, states have scrambled to get ahead of its spread, often after weeks of inaction. But one governor imposed sweeping measures days before a single case had been reported in his state.
    At the podium for Tuesday's daily coronavirus press briefing, Republican Ohio Governor Mike DeWine provides the latest on the virus's march through his state - 2,199 cases, 55 deaths, 585 hospitalisations.
    His announcements are peppered with "thank yous" and mild "just-a-reminders", encouraging continued social distancing. He holds printed notes, shuffling the papers occasionally, staring down at them frequently. He doesn't speak in platitudes, but in detail, taking time to dictate every letter and character in the state's coronavirus web address.
    It's a stark contrast from his New York counterpart Andrew Cuomo, whose own daily briefings have become a staple of the US coronavirus news cycle.
    But while the lesser known Mr DeWine, 73, may lack the media attention of Mr Cuomo, he is drawing praise for his early moves against the virus, at a time when much of the US was still playing catch up.
    On 5 March, after resistance from organisers, Mr DeWine got a court order to shut down much of the Arnold Sports Festival - an annual event featuring 20,000 athletes from 80 countries, around 60,000 spectators each day, and an expected $53m for Columbus, the state's largest city.
    The state had yet to report a single case.

Mr DeWine was criticised for his decision to postpone the state's primary
    "This is a balancing test," the first-term governor said at the time, in response to criticism.
    Over the next three weeks, Mr DeWine moved to bar spectators from major sporting events - days before US professional leagues decided to cancel their seasons. He was first in the nation to declare a state-wide school shutdown. He invoked an emergency public health order to postpone Ohio's presidential primary the night before it was scheduled on 17 March.

At the time, critics dismissed Mr DeWine's strict regulations as overblown, largely out of step with Ohio's neighbouring states. And in terms of policy, the governor's approach put him at odds with fellow Republican Donald Trump, who until later in March downplayed the threat of the virus, saying it would "go away".

Governor DeWine's early decisions put him at odds with fellow Republican Donald Trump
    "On the front end of a pandemic you look a little bit alarmist, you look a little bit like a Chicken Little, the sky is falling," said Ohio Department of Health Director Amy Acton at a briefing this month. "At the end of a pandemic, you didn't do enough."
    To plot his approach Mr DeWine has, by all accounts, relied heavily on Dr Acton - the last cabinet member selected by the governor when he took office last year. The selection of Dr Acton marked a change for the department - neither of her two predecessors were medical doctors.
    "Mistakes that I have made throughout my career have generally been because I didn't have enough facts, I didn't dig deep enough," Mr DeWine said. "So, I made up my mind I was going to have the best information, the best data available."
    In his daily briefings, Mr DeWine is quick to defer to Dr Acton for specific questions on the virus and its spread, reminding Ohioans that the state's decisions are driven by science.
    These policies are "keeping us safer" he said on Tuesday. "We've got to stay at it."

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

05.30.20 @ 08:28 PM
    Liked 18,994 Times in 10,157 Posts

Premium Member

I'm gonna call it right now - this thing did leak out of that virology lab and is not a "naturally" occurring virus that somehow jumped to humans in a "wet market." Hence why the Chi-coms tried to cover it up (with help from the WHO by the way).

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...d-19-infection

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...cover-covid-19
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Last Online

Today @ 03:42 PM
    Liked 12,960 Times in 7,242 Posts

Premium Member

Maybe I missed it last week, but I never actually saw this go down. Most sources just reported that it passed. I just find it interesting to see.

Last Online

Today @ 03:42 PM
    Liked 12,960 Times in 7,242 Posts

Premium Member

Study finds 95% of worldwide cases of coronavirus could have been prevented if China had acted earlier

They love to say this of Trump but ignore the evidence that China did it

https://www.theblaze.com/news/study-...8zF0c01XsEVR-I

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Today @ 03:44 PM
    Liked 1,072 Times in 620 Posts

I think and hope that once this passes, the world takes a hard look at what happened, assigns consequences to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Till then - I think energies are best spent trying to prevent further spread and kill this thing as soon as possible. I heard a quote (not sure where) - but basically it was 'if we had the power to lock everyone in their house for 14 days, this virus would be eradicated'...not probable - but probably the easiest / most effective way.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:32 PM
    Liked 1,175 Times in 753 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    If a company tells you to return to work, that your position even at reduced hours or pay is again available and that info is reported to unemployment by the employer, doesn't that affect or terminate your unemployment claim?
    Technically yes. But we're not all that interested in "forcing" people to be out there if they're uncomfortable doing so. Our owners would be utterly devastated if one of our guys got sick period, much less if they got sick and we'd "required" them to be out working when they didn't want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Act View Post
    Not sure if I will benefit, as my layoff was not Covid 19 related. Just filed Sunday. I qualify for top pay for 26 weeks.
    According to what I've seen, it applies to everyone on unemployment now, regardless of when/why.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 21,445 Times in 12,435 Posts

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Asks Trump Administration for Chloroquine After Reversing Ban

Joshua Caplan 1 Apr 2020

In an embarrassing reversal, Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) has asked the federal government for anti-malaria medication that may help treat the Chinese coronavirus after effectively banning doctors in the state from proscribing it to patients suffering from the deadly illness.

The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) recently threatened doctors with “administrative action” if they prescribed Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine to treat the coronavirus.

“Prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine without further proof of efficacy for treating COVID-19 or with the intent to stockpile the drug may create a shortage for patients with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or other ailments for which chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are proven treatments,” read the letter. “… Again, these are drugs that have not been proven scientifically or medically to treat COVID-19.”

However, Michigan officials have since scrubbed the threat from the letter and now seek the drugs from the Trump administration, according to Bridge magazine.

During a Monday press conference, Whitmer appeared to change her tune, stating she wants Michigan to be “nimble” with respect to its efforts combating the pandemic.

“We want to ensure that doctors have the ability to prescribe these medicines,” the governor said. “We also want to make sure that the people who have prescriptions that predated COVID-19 have access to the medication they need. And so all of the work that we’ve done is trying to strike that balance.”

Last week, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved emergency use of Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine as a possible coronavirus treatment, concluding that the potential benefits outweigh the risks.

“Based on the totality of scientific evidence available to FDA, it is reasonable to believe that chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate may be effective in treating COVID-19,” FDA Chief Scientist Denise Hinton wrote in the approval letter.

“When used under the conditions described in this authorization, the known and potential benefits of chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate when used to treat COVID-19 outweigh the known and potential risks of such products.”
    President Donald Trump has repeatedly touted the anti-malaria drugs as a possible treatment for the illness.

Whitmer’s about-face comes after she claimed, without evidence, that vendors were being told not to supply medical equipment to Michigan after Trump criticized her handling of the outbreak in her state.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Not embarrassing at all because she didn't ban chloroquine Never happened

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Not embarrassing at all because she didn't ban chloroquine Never happened
    The Detroit News’ Kathy Hoekstra reports that Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) has sent a letter to all physicians and pharmacists in the state warning of “professional consequences” if they prescribe or dispense hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine to treat coronavirus patients. Hoekstra writes that “beyond the rational recommendation against hoarding as production of this medication needs to be ramped up, the letter deviates into open threats of “administrative action” against the licenses of doctors that prescribe hydroxychloroquine.” It also orders pharmacists to “ignore physician orders for this medication.”

Michigan’s doctors fight coronavirus, and governor's office
    KATHY HOEKSTRA | THE DETROIT NEWS
    Updated 11:40 a.m. EDT Mar. 31, 2020

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...ce/2922272001/

She jumped on the “Trump is for it, let’s be against it” train
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 03:45 PM
    Liked 15,591 Times in 8,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    The Detroit News’ Kathy Hoekstra reports that Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) has sent a letter to all physicians and pharmacists in the state warning of “professional consequences” if they prescribe or dispense hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine to treat coronavirus patients. Hoekstra writes that “beyond the rational recommendation against hoarding as production of this medication needs to be ramped up, the letter deviates into open threats of “administrative action” against the licenses of doctors that prescribe hydroxychloroquine.” It also orders pharmacists to “ignore physician orders for this medication.”

Michigan’s doctors fight coronavirus, and governor's office
    KATHY HOEKSTRA | THE DETROIT NEWS
    Updated 11:40 a.m. EDT Mar. 31, 2020

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...ce/2922272001/

She jumped on the “Trump is for it, let’s be against it” train
    Lol, ouch. Daisy is just playing semantics.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

I read the letter. It said there were reports of inappropriate prescribing and that there were concerns of hoarding of the drug. The reports were of doctors prescribing it to themselves and their families as preventatives and stock piling it. That inappropriately prescribing it without proof of efficacy can create shortages for people who need for a condition. Basically everything that Dr Fauci and the CDC has been saying.

She did not ban it,

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/l...0_684869_7.pdf
    March 24, 2020

TO: Licensed Prescribers & Dispensers
    RE: Reminder of Appropriate Prescribing and Dispensing

Dear Licensed Prescribers and Dispensers:
    The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs has received multiple allegations of Michigan physicians inappropriately prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine to themselves, family, friends, and/or coworkers without a legitimate medical purpose.
    Prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine without further proof of efficacy for treating COVID-19 or with the intent to stockpile the drug may create a shortage for patients with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or other ailments for which chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are proven treatments. Reports of this conduct will be evaluated and may be further investigated for administrative action. Prescribing any kind of prescription must also be associated with medical documentation showing proof of the medical necessity and medical condition for which the patient is being treated. Again, these are drugs that have not been proven scientifically or medically to treat COVID-19.
    Michigan pharmacists may see an increased volume of prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine and should take special care to evaluate the prescriptions’ legitimacy. Pursuant to Michigan Administrative Code, R 338.490(2), a pharmacist shall not fill a prescription if the pharmacist believes the prescription will be used for other than legitimate medical purposes or if the prescription could cause harm to a patient.
    It is also important to be mindful that licensed health professionals are required to report inappropriate prescribing practices. LARA appreciates all licensed health professionals for their service and cooperation in assuring compliance in acting responsibly while continuing to provide the best possible care for Michigan’s citizens during this unprecedented and very challenging time.
    To stay up to date on the latest information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic please go to www.michigan.gov/Coronavirus and the CDC site at www.CDC.gov

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

She’s on Biden’s female VP list and she played politics.

Simple as that.