2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 196
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 196 of 588 FirstFirst ... 96146186193194195196197198199206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 8809
    Last Online

Today @ 09:51 PM
    Liked 1,437 Times in 783 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    Be sure and read the Comments...

Why clerks won't bag your reusable tote at Safeway, other stores any more

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...t-15167508.php
    I have no problem with it and I get the reasoning behind it. I always have about half a dozen of the clothe heavy duty bags from Trader Joes and I wash 'em every few days so I know they're clean. But ever since Calif passed the reusable bag law a few years ago, the quality of the store drones bagging groceries has gone down the tubes at most stores I shop anyway. I'm often having to re-bag when I get to my car because the bread is under a stack of heavy canned foods or something like that.

But now that *everyone* has to bag their own groceries if they bring their own bags (at the local Vons, they don't bag anything), you get dumb feebs who shouldn't even be driving, much less attempting the fine art of bagging a bunch of different shaped objects into several bags. Last week, I was behind some guy in his 20's who made it seem like he was trying to figure out a rubics cube versus loading up two bags of random stuff. The old lady (way) behind actually yelled for him to just put his stuff in the cart and do it outside to get the line moving, lol!

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

E W S
    Last Online

Today @ 10:47 PM
    Liked 2,524 Times in 1,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    I wouldn't either.

Those reusable bags are nasty.
    I use a padded and insulated zip bag for refrigerated items. I got them at Whole Foods years ago.
    They stopped making the version and size I have, so I'll use them until they fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    I've always hated those nasty things, where people throw their lunch in there &
    spare used cups.

They used to prop them on the checkout when i was at B&N:
    FIT IT IN THERE!

Recently, they took away all plastic bags, so i have to use paper, usually
    without handles, and it starts raining, and i've got several more blocks to go....

I know i'm awful, but i miss those handled plastic bags.
    I buy the plastic "t-shirt" bags buy the box at Sam's.

I actually saw them at Tom Thumb last week, when the store ran out of their bags, and used them in a pinch, until the trucks brought in more Tom Thumb bags.
    Last edited by The Rover; 03.31.20 at 10:23 PM.
    "The VH Universe is built on a wall that separates CVH from SVH. Tell either side there's no wall, you've bought a war. Or a slaughter." Lt. Joshi - LAPD

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

E W S
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Vs. Dave View Post
    From our Dept. of Transportation: This day last year Hawaii had 33,000 arriving visitors. Yesterday we had 1,500 travelers which included only 121 from out of state. The rest was just inter island travel by locals or people coming home. Now they are talking about cutting off travel to Hawaii completely.

This is gonna hurt but we'll be safe! (?)
    Cutting off who?? Visitors, or residents??
    "The VH Universe is built on a wall that separates CVH from SVH. Tell either side there's no wall, you've bought a war. Or a slaughter." Lt. Joshi - LAPD

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

E W S
    Last Online

6. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Today @ 01:01 AM
    Liked 774 Times in 478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    Cutting off who?? Visitors, or residents??
    Incoming flights from anywhere. Don't know if they'll do it, but that is the discussion.

Last Online

Today @ 07:14 PM
    Liked 860 Times in 545 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    supposedly went to Cabo a week and a half ago

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ip/5097512002/
    Has anyone checked on Sammy?

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Liked 29,566 Times in 14,951 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Has anyone checked on Sammy?
    Sam doesn't get Coronavirus, he cures it.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

Liked 860 Times in 545 Posts

I wouldn't doubt it. He's probably so well preserved from all the tequila, the virus wouldn't stand a chance.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Today @ 10:28 PM
    Liked 1,274 Times in 844 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Sam doesn't get Coronavirus, he cures it.
    Dave had a cure 6 years ago.

Fuck Sammy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 06:41 PM
    Liked 21,477 Times in 12,461 Posts

Dr. Oz calls on Cuomo to lift restrictions on potential coronavirus treatments

Yael Halon 8 hours ago

Dr. Mehmet Oz called on New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Tuesday to reverse an executive order prohibiting doctors to prescribe two antimalarial drugs touted as potential coronavirus treatments outside of state-approved clinical trials or Food and Drug Administration-approved uses.

"I suspect there were concerns for the folks with rheumatoid arthritis and lupus who are dependent on chloroquine and couldn't get it," Oz told "Hannity" of Cuomo's order, which limits prescriptions of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to a 14-day supply with no refills.

"I think ... Cuomo passed that law to prevent people from taking it and putting it in their cupboards just in case," he added.

"I have more confidence in Americans than that," Oz added. "It's an old malaria drug. We'll have enough of it. We ought to lift the ban."

Over the weekend, the FDA issued an emergency-use authorization to treat coronavirus patients with the drugs, which have been touted by President Trump as potential treatments.

Last week, researchers in France issued a statement detailing how a combination of the antimalarial medications combined with antibiotics such as Zithromax, or azithromycin, could be a vital weapon in the battle against coronavirus.

The drugs have yet to be tested in a controlled clinical trial, but early data shows it to be a strong potential treatment to combat the novel virus.

"Many doctors are prescribing it. Until we get randomized clinical data, which I'm hoping we'll have over the next months, we are not going to know for sure," Oz said, "but there are centers all over the world. France and China are researching this actively, as we are in America.

"We probably have 100 reasonable candidates for solutions that could impact whether you can block the virus before it gets into your nose ... or block it from getting in the cells in your nose or lungs or block it from replicating what's in your cells or just stop the bad side effects that it causes," Oz said.

"Any of those places we can attack it ... we will win," he concluded. "That's what I'm confident about. Our battle is more the short-term issue. What we do over the next month? Can we reach our peak in New York in the next two weeks?

"And can, in 30 days, we look around and say, 'My goodness, we're actually coming down everywhere, social distancing is working'? Other tactics like masks ... are going to come to the forefront. We're going to be looking for ways of living our lives and still staying effectively distant from everyone else."

As of 11 p.m. Tuesday, New York state had nearly 76,000 confirmed coronavirus cases, with 1,550 deaths. Of those deaths, 1,096 occurred in New York City.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-oz-...t-restrictions
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

Today @ 07:02 PM
    Liked 12,991 Times in 7,260 Posts

Premium Member

Dr. Oz... just another Fox News puppet with Trump pulling his strings.

16. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Today @ 10:28 PM
    Liked 1,274 Times in 844 Posts

Fox would have the talk show Doctor on.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

Today @ 06:54 AM
    Liked 1,994 Times in 782 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Brooklyn man arrested for coughing on FBI agents conducting an investigation into price gouging on medical supplies....they seized the medical supplies including 80,000 masks

https://nypost.com/2020/03/30/brookl...on-fbi-agents/
    I was just talking to a coworker about this yesterday. He mentioned how he saw the story of the doctor who paid out of pocket for black market supplies and why the hell aren't the police kicking down their door. I guess here is his answer. Some people are truly despicable.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 06:41 PM
    Liked 21,477 Times in 12,461 Posts

Scalise backs bill revoking $25M from Kennedy Center following layoffs
    By Dominick Mastrangelo
    March 31, 2020

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...lowing-layoffs
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

20. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 8,816 Times in 4,499 Posts

Donor

You know what pisses me off about all this? What this is doing to kids.

My 7 year old daughter asked if she’d done something wrong because we haven’t been out in town more than once. I’m trying to entertain and do what I can but I just can’t shut down mine and their lives. Between her and her 3 year old sister, they are going stir crazy.

And I’m trying to be “responsible” and A. Not expose them and B. Not transmit it to anyone should they be exposed.

22. The Following Member Likes This Post: