Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2 of 256 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 3834
  1. #16
    Master Bluesman Elwood P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.02
    Location
    1060 W. Addison, Chicago
    Posts
    7,186
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

    04.09.20 @ 07:13 PM
    Likes
    3,004
    Liked 1,825 Times in 1,214 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-hos...082014095.html

    Hospital built in 4 days. Most of it anyway. No union labor laws I guess.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

    "Rawhide in "A"

    Tom Brady hates tomatoes

  2. #17
    Atomic Punk Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    42,368
    Last Online

    04.09.20 @ 09:32 PM
    Likes
    2,925
    Liked 12,284 Times in 6,831 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    7,000 people held on cruise ship after passenger develops suspected coronavirus symptoms

    https://www.foxnews.com/travel/7000-...ymptoms-report



    One of the reasons I never go anywhere. You couldn't pay me to get on one of those ships. What a nightmare.

  3. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  4. #18
    Atomic Punk Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    42,368
    Last Online

    04.09.20 @ 09:32 PM
    Likes
    2,925
    Liked 12,284 Times in 6,831 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default


  5. #19
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    03.07.16
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,878
    Last Online

    04.09.20 @ 04:43 PM
    Likes
    6,022
    Liked 5,710 Times in 2,593 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Note to self if ever having a child care issue do not ask 47 for help.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  6. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  7. #20
    Atomic Punk TheresOnlyOneWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.13.04
    Location
    Avengers Tower
    Posts
    13,938
    Favorite VH Album

    Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

    Different Devil
    Last Online

    03.23.20 @ 11:37 AM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 1,491 Times in 942 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    Note to self if ever having a child care issue do not ask 47 for help.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    You just called that kid a monkey. That's racist.

    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

    Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

    A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

    Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

  8. #21
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    59
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    15,605
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    04.09.20 @ 06:45 PM
    Likes
    3,115
    Liked 3,502 Times in 2,199 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-hos...082014095.html

    Hospital built in 4 days. Most of it anyway. No union labor laws I guess.
    There were already plans based on one that had to be built during a previous viral outbreak. These are prefab buildings that are thrown up quickly using multiple construction companies

    They are not meant to be permanent structures.

    From what I have read, they opened one hospital in a vacant building, converted another hospital and are building 3 or 4 of these temporary hospitals

    Scary shit

  9. #22
    Master Bluesman Elwood P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.02
    Location
    1060 W. Addison, Chicago
    Posts
    7,186
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

    04.09.20 @ 07:13 PM
    Likes
    3,004
    Liked 1,825 Times in 1,214 Posts


    Premium Member
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

    "Rawhide in "A"

    Tom Brady hates tomatoes

  10. #23
    Master Bluesman Elwood P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.02
    Location
    1060 W. Addison, Chicago
    Posts
    7,186
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

    04.09.20 @ 07:13 PM
    Likes
    3,004
    Liked 1,825 Times in 1,214 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    There were already plans based on one that had to be built during a previous viral outbreak. These are prefab buildings that are thrown up quickly using multiple construction companies

    They are not meant to be permanent structures.
    Yeah, I figured that. Still they threw them up pretty quick. Would have taken the russians 6 months. Lots of D9 excavators at work in those pics.

    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

    "Rawhide in "A"

    Tom Brady hates tomatoes

  11. #24
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.07.07
    Location
    The Texxas Jam - 1978
    Posts
    7,910
    Favorite VH Album

    Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

    E W S
    Last Online

    04.09.20 @ 10:00 PM
    Likes
    1,911
    Liked 2,416 Times in 1,414 Posts

    Default

    Coronavirus declared global health emergency by WHO

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51318246
    Last edited by The Rover; 01.30.20 at 11:40 AM.
    "The VH Universe is built on a wall that separates CVH from SVH. Tell either side there's no wall, you've bought a war. Or a slaughter." Lt. Joshi - LAPD

  12. #25
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    05.07.04
    Location
    Over Macho Grande
    Posts
    3,757
    Last Online

    04.09.20 @ 05:57 PM
    Likes
    326
    Liked 568 Times in 383 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    7,000 people held on cruise ship after passenger develops suspected coronavirus symptoms

    https://www.foxnews.com/travel/7000-...ymptoms-report



    One of the reasons I never go anywhere. You couldn't pay me to get on one of those ships. What a nightmare.
    I've never had the desire to go on a cruise, stories like this, food poisoning, all the people and kids, no thanks
    Dealing with it.

  13. #26
    Atomic Punk Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    48
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    11,088
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    04.09.20 @ 10:10 PM
    Likes
    2,789
    Liked 2,571 Times in 1,446 Posts

    Default

    Social media is really fucking things up. Imagine a country of 100 billion people. You get 5, 10 or 1000 ppl infected. That's a tiny percentage of the whole population. It would be mostly insignificant compared to the total population. But social media, focusing on a few cases, and then going round and round with them, makes it seem like you and me could get infected at any time! It's really a case of "be afraid, be very afraid." Even 7000 ppl, for China, that's like a tiny drop of water in the ocean compared to the total population. We're all in global panic mode, even though we have the means to contain this and make it go away.
    Little Dreamer

  14. #27
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    14,046
    Last Online

    04.09.20 @ 08:02 PM
    Likes
    874
    Liked 2,440 Times in 1,645 Posts

    Default

    This virus is second only to the virus that is eating the Dems brains.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

    "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

    Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

    "McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

    "See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

  15. #28
    Atomic Punk Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    42,368
    Last Online

    04.09.20 @ 09:32 PM
    Likes
    2,925
    Liked 12,284 Times in 6,831 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Email at work this morning:

    Dear caregivers,

    As many of you are aware, a Novel (new) Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) has developed in China causing an outbreak of a respiratory illness. There are currently four states in the U.S. with confirmed cases – Arizona, California, Illinois and Washington.

    The most recent development as of Jan. 30, 2020, is now the first confirmed U.S. case of the virus spreading from person-to-person. What this means is these individuals were in close contact with one another. Close contact is considered to be within 6 feet of someone for an extended period of time who has been diagnosed with Coronavirus infection (2019-nCoV).

    We are all seeing a lot of media stories, social media messages and posts, as well as rumors about this. I want to share with you what xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx is doing. We have a multidisciplinary team in place who is meeting each day to address this in order to keep our caregivers safe and provide the right care for our patients.

    We are following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Updated Novel Coronavirus resources are now available on the intranet. The site provides extensive details on the virus, signs and symptoms, testing resources and how it’s transmitted, as well as how to detect it and protect our caregivers and patients.

    As part of our preparation, we added a travel screening question for any xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx patient. All patients who come to a xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx location with fever or respiratory symptoms will be asked whether they have traveled internationally within two weeks of their symptoms starting.

    Finally, we want to make you aware that as a precautionary measure to protect our caregivers and their families from the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx is stopping all nonessential business travel to China. We are also requesting all caregivers avoid nonessential personal travel to China. If you recently visited China or need to travel there for personal reasons, contact Occupational Health before you return to work. For xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx Canada caregivers only, contact your supervisor.

    This is an evolving situation and we expect more information from our public health partners to help inform our approach going forward. As it is also cold and flu season, we continue to stress the importance of everyday infection prevention such as hand washing and proper cough etiquette.

    We will continue to share updates as appropriate.

    Sincerely,

    xxxxxx xxxxxx, MD
    Chief of Medical Operations
    Last edited by Number 47; 01.31.20 at 03:04 AM.

  16. #29
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    19,312
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    04.09.20 @ 06:51 PM
    Likes
    29,728
    Liked 18,612 Times in 9,920 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Where have I seen this boat before?

    https://mobile.twitter.com/ProfChest...ies-ignore-who
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  17. #30
    Forum Frontman fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    40
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    17,312
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    1,488
    Liked 8,506 Times in 4,322 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Email at work this morning:

    Dear caregivers,

    As many of you are aware, a Novel (new) Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) has developed in China causing an outbreak of a respiratory illness. There are currently four states in the U.S. with confirmed cases – Arizona, California, Illinois and Washington.

    The most recent development as of Jan. 30, 2020, is now the first confirmed U.S. case of the virus spreading from person-to-person. What this means is these individuals were in close contact with one another. Close contact is considered to be within 6 feet of someone for an extended period of time who has been diagnosed with Coronavirus infection (2019-nCoV).

    We are all seeing a lot of media stories, social media messages and posts, as well as rumors about this. I want to share with you what xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx is doing. We have a multidisciplinary team in place who is meeting each day to address this in order to keep our caregivers safe and provide the right care for our patients.

    We are following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Updated Novel Coronavirus resources are now available on the intranet. The site provides extensive details on the virus, signs and symptoms, testing resources and how it’s transmitted, as well as how to detect it and protect our caregivers and patients.

    As part of our preparation, we added a travel screening question for any xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx patient. All patients who come to a xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx location with fever or respiratory symptoms will be asked whether they have traveled internationally within two weeks of their symptoms starting.

    Finally, we want to make you aware that as a precautionary measure to protect our caregivers and their families from the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx is stopping all nonessential business travel to China. We are also requesting all caregivers avoid nonessential personal travel to China. If you recently visited China or need to travel there for personal reasons, contact Occupational Health before you return to work. For xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx Canada caregivers only, contact your supervisor.

    This is an evolving situation and we expect more information from our public health partners to help inform our approach going forward. As it is also cold and flu season, we continue to stress the importance of everyday infection prevention such as hand washing and proper cough etiquette.

    We will continue to share updates as appropriate.

    Sincerely,

    xxxxxx xxxxxx, MD
    Chief of Medical Operations
    47 do you work in medical field?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Save VHLinks Campaign For 2020...PLEASE READ NEW INFO FOR 2020!
    By Brett in forum VHL Forum Announcements
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 11.17.19, 02:50 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10.13.19, 12:50 PM
  3. Save VHLinks Campaign For 2020...PLEASE READ NEW INFO FOR 2020!
    By Brett in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08.12.19, 09:41 PM
  4. Save VHLinks Campaign For 2020...PLEASE READ NEW INFO FOR 2020!
    By Brett in forum Political Underground
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08.12.19, 09:41 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08.12.19, 09:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •