Last Online

06.25.20 @ 07:40 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Default This Has Gotta Stop

Headline: "Eddie Van Halen’s Family Saddened By Another Hard Disease In Family"

Content: "Eddie’s wife Janie Van Halen posted a recent photo on her Instagram page for an important announcement. As you might check out the caption of Janie below, she indicated that she’s coughing and sneezing these days. She also stated that she caught a cold"

https://metalheadzone.com/eddie-van-...ase-in-family/

Headline: "Eddie Van Halen Wife Reveals New Lead Singer Photo"

Content: "Edward Lewis sent a photo of Louie Martinez and asked, “VAN HALEN NEW LEAD SINGER????” Janie responded with a crying laughing emoji, and said, “Hysterical.”

https://www.alternativenation.net/ed...-singer-photo/

I needn't go any further than the above quotes; we've all seen the types of articles that Metal Head Zone & Alternative Nation puts out.

I dunno if my browser is blocking ad content on their sites, but all I see are articles that mirror the above quotes; no ad content.

What's the point of their websites? Why do they clog Google news with a multitude of articles, which, in my view, hold very little, if any, value, to most Van Halen fans?

"NDL, what's the point of this thread?"

Through the years, many posters have come down hard on Trunk, over his vague speculations about Van Halen. But this...this, in my view, almost makes Trunk's speculations Pulitzer worthy.

Because Van Halen is abnormally quiet, news about the band is hard to come by. And now, thanks to Metalheadzone, Van Halen fans are treated to a deluge of "material" that, in my view, wouldn't be print worthy in the Enquirer.

It's time to give it a rest.
    "If only Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang had as much enthusiasm about Van Halen as Dave, Sammy and Mike do … " - I Coulda Hada VH

"I don't think he owes us, and I think few if any do. What we would like is for him to release music, since he is our favorite musician. It's a wish and a hope, not a critique." - Dave's Dreidel

2. evhintexas, DFVH5150 thanked for this post.
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

05.30.20 @ 08:28 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by NDL View Post
    Headline: "Eddie Van Halen’s Family Saddened By Another Hard Disease In Family"

Content: "Eddie’s wife Janie Van Halen posted a recent photo on her Instagram page for an important announcement. As you might check out the caption of Janie below, she indicated that she’s coughing and sneezing these days. She also stated that she caught a cold"

https://metalheadzone.com/eddie-van-...ase-in-family/

Headline: "Eddie Van Halen Wife Reveals New Lead Singer Photo"

Content: "Edward Lewis sent a photo of Louie Martinez and asked, “VAN HALEN NEW LEAD SINGER????” Janie responded with a crying laughing emoji, and said, “Hysterical.”

https://www.alternativenation.net/ed...-singer-photo/

I needn't go any further than the above quotes; we've all seen the types of articles that Metal Head Zone & Alternative Nation puts out.

I dunno if my browser is blocking ad content on their sites, but all I see are articles that mirror the above quotes; no ad content.

What's the point of their websites? Why do they clog Google news with a multitude of articles, which, in my view, hold very little, if any, value, to most Van Halen fans?

"NDL, what's the point of this thread?"

Through the years, many posters have come down hard on Trunk, over his vague speculations about Van Halen. But this...this, in my view, almost makes Trunk's speculations Pulitzer worthy.

Because Van Halen is abnormally quiet, news about the band is hard to come by. And now, thanks to Metalheadzone, Van Halen fans are treated to a deluge of "material" that, in my view, wouldn't be print worthy in the Enquirer.

It's time to give it a rest.
    I don't even click on that shit anymore because I know its gonna be garbage.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Big Bad Bill
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

All of em
    Last Online

06.30.20 @ 12:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

They post that shit because those sites survive based on "clicks." Just another example of Click Bait.
    WHOAOH! Hey you! Who said that? Baby how you been?

5. NDL, Get The Show On The Road thanked for this post.
    Sinner's Swing!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic & Summer Nights
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy_14 View Post
    They post that shit because those sites survive based on "clicks." Just another example of Click Bait.
    I suppose that my browser blocks a lot of the ad content that others see.

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    I don't even click on that shit anymore because I know its gonna be garbage.
    I now tend to avoid either site. The annoyance, for me, comes when I pull up Google news, and it's clogged with pages of what are, in my view, crap headlines.

Only recently has the Billie Ellish thing died down; i'll never get the media's trite obsession with my favorite band.

This thread serves as a notice to certain webpage authors from faithful Van Halen fans: a lot of us aren't too thrilled with your "work."
    Last edited by NDL; 01.01.20 at 04:33 PM.
    "If only Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang had as much enthusiasm about Van Halen as Dave, Sammy and Mike do … " - I Coulda Hada VH

"I don't think he owes us, and I think few if any do. What we would like is for him to release music, since he is our favorite musician. It's a wish and a hope, not a critique." - Dave's Dreidel

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

07.03.20 @ 07:46 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I suppose that my browser blocks a lot of the ad content that others see.

I now tend to avoid either site. The annoyance, for me, comes when I pull up Google news, and it's clogged with pages of what are, in my view, crap headlines.
    Have you tried the following:

when getting stories you are not interested in you can tap the 3-dots icon in a corner of the story card and tap the option for hiding all stories from that news source or the thumbs down icon to get fewer stories of that type.

8. NDL, Get The Show On The Road, DFVH5150 thanked for this post.
    Bullethead
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

06.29.20 @ 12:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I follow Google Alert RSS feeds and see all of these. I just ignore any VH news unless it’s not in my Google folder or is posted here.

10. NDL, Simon Ribeiro thanked for this post.
    Sinner's Swing!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    Have you tried the following:

when getting stories you are not interested in you can tap the 3-dots icon in a corner of the story card and tap the option for hiding all stories from that news source or the thumbs down icon to get fewer stories of that type.
    Thanks dude; I didn't even know that I could do that!

Eruption
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

01.06.20 @ 04:51 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

There is a special place in journalism hell for Alternative Nation in general and "Brett Buchanan" specifically. In fact, I'd be willing to bet "Brett Buchanan" is a pseudonym because no self-respecting person would sit there and churn out the complete trash that he does day after day and put their real name to it. Then he has the gall to pull quotes from people on here for many of these trash articles. Yo, "Brett," feel free to quote me on this, you unadulterated jackass.
    "I'm just a normal schmo like anybody else." — Eddie Van Halen, 1998

13. Get The Show On The Road, hubs, cgcharvel thanked for this post.
    Sinner's Swing!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Magic View Post
    There is a special place in journalism hell for Alternative Nation in general and "Brett Buchanan" specifically. In fact, I'd be willing to bet "Brett Buchanan" is a pseudonym because no self-respecting person would sit there and churn out the complete trash that he does day after day and put their real name to it. Then he has the gall to pull quotes from people on here for many of these trash articles. Yo, "Brett," feel free to quote me on this, you unadulterated jackass.
    Wow...And up until your post, I wondered if I was the only one who gave a damn.

15. Strong Magic thanked for this post.
    The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Thanks dude; I didn't even know that I could do that!
    No problem! You can also form your search phrase by omitting domain(s) with a hyphen:

eddie van halen -metalheadzone.com -alternativenation.net

I've found that the 3-dot icon is sometimes missing if the search phrase is off-topic...especially in mobile. Good-luck!

17. NDL thanked for this post.
    Eruption
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

01.06.20 @ 04:51 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Wow...And up until your post, I wondered if I was the only one who gave a damn.
    Sorry, that's been building for a while. I stopped reading his ridiculous posts quite a while ago -- but sometimes I get pulled in by the curiosity of how pathetically he can turn an unrelated topic into these bogus headlines. But with everyone knowing about Eddie's current cancer treatment scare, for someone to purposely play off that, that's reaching a new low, even for "Brett."
    "I'm just a normal schmo like anybody else." — Eddie Van Halen, 1998

19. NDL, DFVH5150 thanked for this post.
    Sinner's Swing!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    No problem! You can also form your search phrase by omitting domain(s) with a hyphen:

eddie van halen -metalheadzone.com -alternativenation.net

I've found that the 3-dot icon is sometimes missing if the search phrase is off-topic...especially in mobile. Good-luck!
    Another thanks is in order! That I am ignorant in how to use search shortcuts, shows how much out of the loop I am...

Thanks

Sinner's Swing!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Magic View Post
    Sorry, that's been building for a while. I stopped reading his ridiculous posts quite a while ago -- but sometimes I get pulled in by the curiosity of how pathetically he can turn an unrelated topic into these bogus headlines. But with everyone knowing about Eddie's current cancer treatment scare, for someone to purposely play off that, that's reaching a new low, even for "Brett."
    No apology is necessary, and I perfectly understand: up until the point that DLR had signed up with Kiss, I had hopes that Van Halen would reconvene with Roth at some point.

Yet, now that I have accepted reality, I regularly check Van Halen news, looking for positive movement on the EVH front: that his treatments have concluded; that they have been successful, and that EVH is in remission; that Wolf will be out, and EVH will be joining him...you get the idea.

This is only speculative on my part, but that Janie chronicles ALL of her life events WITHOUT EVH in any shape or form, shows the level of distaste that he has for sensationalism.

There's no respect for his dignity.

It's awful.

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Another thanks is in order! That I am ignorant in how to use search shortcuts, shows how much out of the loop I am...

Thanks
    Ha-Ha! Nah...you’re good! I would imagine that most people don’t bother using the search tools anyway but it’s nice to know they’re available if you need them.

Kinda funny but I think everyone on vhlinks has unknowingly contributed to Alternative Nation’s crap campaign:

NDL site:alternativenation.net

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points

How about with shoddy bullshit like this we don’t give it a thread and give the moron more clicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Destructo3 thanked for this post.