Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.16.19 @ 02:11 AM
    Liked 9,215 Times in 6,630 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    15K that's definitely arenas number. 30K, that's a more credible stadium like audience, with lots of empty seats.
    A bit sad that in 2013, VH with Dave didn't do better than VH with Gary in 1998. I guess that's what happen when you spend most of your energy destroying your brand instead of building it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    it's what happens when you don't try. With Gary the recorded a new album, they did a lot of press, they worked. In 2013 it was "fine, we'll tour - just pay us"
    That's got to hurt a few 'Cvh' (a term I despise) die hards! Ouch...
    I actually just played the III cd in its entirety, although I was out on the balcony for Ballot or the Bullet.

I'm ok with it.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.19 @ 05:28 AM
    Liked 11,979 Times in 6,731 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    That's got to hurt a few 'Cvh' (a term I despise) die hards! Ouch...
    I actually just played the III cd in its entirety, although I was out on the balcony for Ballot or the Bullet.

I'm ok with it.
    It shouldn't. In 1998 a tour with Roth would have been huge.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.15.19 @ 08:48 PM
    Liked 17,322 Times in 9,158 Posts

Premium Member

It shouldn't. In 1998 a tour with Roth would have been huge.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    I don't understand why this even comes up.

I don't give a shit if I'm the only person in attendance, if they put on a good show that's all that matters to me.

July 4th in Devore in 1998 was sparsely attended and it was a great show as the band was on point.

I didn't drive home wishing more people had been there.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    I don't understand why this even comes up.

I don't give a shit if I'm the only person in attendance, if they put on a good show that's all that matters to me.

July 4th in Devore in 1998 was sparsely attended and it was a great show as the band was on point.

I didn't drive home wishing more people had been there.
    I think it hurts when the crowd is awful. It can kill the feel. I remember seeing Roth during the ALAE tour and the place that was full the tour before was 60% empty this time. Then Roth comes out and between songs said something along the lines of "this is the best crowd all tour". The crowd had a collective "oh shit, really" sound.

But for me personally it doesn't matter much. Best show I've ever seen was VH in 1998. I thought the last VH tour was a lot of fun despite the shitty reviews and less than spectacular crowds.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.16.19 @ 12:07 AM
    Liked 24,970 Times in 14,185 Posts

For those who are unfamiliar with Van Halen, the classic lineup consisted of David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and a guy named Michael Anthony. Look it up. It's true.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

7. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    For those who are unfamiliar with Van Halen, the classic lineup consisted of David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and a guy named Michael Anthony. Look it up. It's true.
    The guy from Chickenfoot?

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

On Fire
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 05:54 PM
    Liked 53 Times in 25 Posts

I can deal with Def Leppard and the Crue... but Poison? I can't stand that band and they absolutely suck live.

As for Motley, as mentioned previously Vince is about 900 pounds, I personally think it's closer to 920, and looks like he suffers from Down syndrome. Plus, his voice is shot.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by sinners__swing View Post
    I can deal with Def Leppard and the Crue... but Poison? I can't stand that band and they absolutely suck live.

As for Motley, as mentioned previously Vince is about 900 pounds, I personally think it's closer to 920, and looks like he suffers from Down syndrome. Plus, his voice is shot.
    when is the last time you saw Poison live? I've seen them 10 times and only once did they not put on a really good show (funnily enough the time they were headlining a big place)

On Fire
    Last Online

when is the last time you saw Poison live? I've seen them 10 times and only once did they not put on a really good show (funnily enough the time they were headlining a big place)
    I saw them open for Roth in 88 and they sucked. I saw them again, unfortunately, about 9 years ago when they were on the same ticket as Cheap Trick and Def Leppard and they sucked once again. In fact I told somebody who went with me on the way to the show that Cheap Trick and Leppard would be good and Poison will suck. After the show they said "yep, they sucked". Part of the issue is (C)rack (C)ocaine Ceville's guitar playing has always annoyed the shit out of me. He also needs to move away from the Eddie VH 1982 guitar solo. I just don't like their music, I know they sold albums, made money, and people like them I just can't take them seriously. In all honestly they're not in the same league as Def Leppard or Crue and I'm not huge fans of either. Although I do love early Leppard.
    Last edited by sinners__swing; 11.19.19 at 05:42 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.19 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 27,025 Times in 13,641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PT 5150 View Post
    In 1998 VH played to 10,000-15,000 crowds

In 2013 at the Stone Festival which was a flop they expected a massive crowd of 50,000 plus and got around 15,000 if lucky that amount...
    The stadium has a capacity of 83,500 and they changed the stage position to the middle near the fence facing a small grandstand...
    At the beginning of the tour maybe, but it didn't take long for the VHIII shows being in front of mainly empty venues. By the time they got to Bristow Virginia they were saying "hey, everyone come on down to the front"...that was when I knew VH as I had known them growing up was done.

The 2015 tour did much better than the VHIII tour.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.19 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 27,025 Times in 13,641 Posts

I agree with our Canadian Banker Friend, Poison, as much as I don't think much of them talent wise, put on a good show.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

I saw them in open for Roth in 88 and they sucked. I saw them again, unfortunately, about 9 years ago when they were on the same ticket as Cheap Trick and Def Leppard and they sucked once again. In fact I told somebody who went with me on the way to the show that Cheap Trick and Leppard would be good and Poison will suck. After the show they said "yep, they sucked". Part of the issue is (C)rack (C)ocaine Ceville's guitar playing has always annoyed the shit out of me. He also needs to move away from the Eddie VH 1982 guitar solo. I just don't like their music, I know they sold albums, made money, and people like them I just can't take them seriously. In all honestly they're not in the same league as Def Leppard or Crue and I'm not huge fans of either. Although I do love early Leppard.
    if you don't like their music I can understand how you wouldn't like them live. Kind of like when I saw Metallica play before Aerosmith back in the day. All the metalheads thought they were great, I would have preferred 90 minutes of silence.

On Fire
    Last Online

if you don't like their music I can understand how you wouldn't like them live. Kind of like when I saw Metallica play before Aerosmith back in the day. All the metalheads thought they were great, I would have preferred 90 minutes of silence.
    Instead of Poison they should have tacked this band on the ticket. If we're going for the "80's" thing. A far better band IMO.

17. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Instead of Poison they should have tacked this band on the ticket. If we're going for the "80's" thing. A far better band IMO.

funnily enough the first time I saw was Tesla was when they opened for ..... Poison.

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

On Fire
    Last Online

funnily enough the first time I saw was Tesla was when they opened for ..... Poison.
    You know what? I may have seen that as well because I was going out with somebody at the time who loved Tesla and I think I wound up going and not liking Poison. I know I saw Tesla in the 80's and they were great. Again, not a huge fan, but they had solid tunes and there was no BS or hokey filler. So I may have seen them three times, every time because somebody else was on the ticket I liked or somebody else liked, so I had to suffer through it.