Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    On Fire
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 05:54 PM
    Liked 53 Times in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    As infamous as that picture is on the left I'm not sure that weird plastic mannequin-looking Eddie on the cover of the guitar magazine several years ago wasn't worse. That was just... alien.

Edit - this one:

https://www.vanhalenstore.com/page/VH/PROD/M44

But who cares about that, I'm really glad he seems to be doing well now. I just miss looking forward to VH stuff.
    I never saw that photo. That is quite fucked up. He looks like Jerry O'Connell with a wig in that photo.

On Fire
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Everyone knows. It's just one bad pic & it's been overposted to death over 10 years already. There's at least 10 others from that same movie premiere red carpet appearance he looks fine in all the others.

But yeah of course the one bad pic is the one that draws attention.

2004 is way too far overblown none of the shows were cancelled fans make too much of a big deal about it. I'd bet most shows were really good overall for the most part.

I missed my chance to see it I was planning to go but was a super hard day at work & got a flat tire on the way home in pissing hard rain & by the time I got home was too tired & would have been late so didn't go. But regret not going.

The bootleg footage I've watched shows me it was a very unique & special tour. Extremely different from any others. The audience was super enthusiastic rocking out. Yes, Ed looked a little kooky sometimes with the weird hair in a bun but other than that at least it was unpredictable. Very live show. Amazing beautiful artistic big screen & brand new at the time front row seating set up with the swirly VH logo. Nice production.

God forbid a rock star performs under the influence. Good God who would've thought an electric guitar player would have a few drinks & whatnot. Shocking.
    I saw VH on the 2004 tour and Ed sucked from start to finish. Two hours of horseshit with him rolling around on the floor with the sustainer engaged. I watched quite a few bootlegs from that tour, they all sucked. I used to be an admin on a pretty popular guitar site back then and we had a really good bootleg forum and trust me I heard and watched a shit load of VH bootlegs. That tour was by far the worst. Even the 98 tour was better.

By the way, Eddie was drunk for pretty much every show for his entire career up until the last ten years. He was more than drunk on the 2004 tour.

3. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

01.24.20 @ 10:43 AM
    Liked 1,351 Times in 524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sinners__swing View Post
    I never saw that photo. That is quite fucked up. He looks like Jerry O'Connell with a wig in that photo.
    He looked better in the unedited photo although he might’ve been shitfaced...Ha-Ha!:

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

11.26.19 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 2,433 Times in 1,336 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Everyone knows. It's just one bad pic & it's been overposted to death over 10 years already. There's at least 10 others from that same movie premiere red carpet appearance he looks fine in all the others.

But yeah of course the one bad pic is the one that draws attention.

2004 is way too far overblown none of the shows were cancelled fans make too much of a big deal about it. I'd bet most shows were really good overall for the most part.

I missed my chance to see it I was planning to go but was a super hard day at work & got a flat tire on the way home in pissing hard rain & by the time I got home was too tired & would have been late so didn't go. But regret not going.

The bootleg footage I've watched shows me it was a very unique & special tour. Extremely different from any others. The audience was super enthusiastic rocking out. Yes, Ed looked a little kooky sometimes with the weird hair in a bun but other than that at least it was unpredictable. Very live show. Amazing beautiful artistic big screen & brand new at the time front row seating set up with the swirly VH logo. Nice production.

God forbid a rock star performs under the influence. Good God who would've thought an electric guitar player would have a few drinks & whatnot. Shocking.
    It was my first VH show with my then 11 year old son. I saw a lot of parents with their kids. Made eye contact with one guy that was there with his family. All girls. Three or four if I recall correctly. We both just smiled and nodded. I have certainly seen Edward more on point, but that show will always have fond memories for me. Stage was absolutely tits.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

01.23.20 @ 01:53 AM
    Liked 2,805 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Act View Post
    It was my first VH show with my then 11 year old son. I saw a lot of parents with their kids. Made eye contact with one guy that was there with his family. All girls. Three or four if I recall correctly. We both just smiled and nodded. I have certainly seen Edward more on point, but that show will always have fond memories for me. Stage was absolutely tits.
    See 👀- Now you are touching upon something else rarely commented about & that's the family factor. Memories built between familys & friends at VH shows.

I'm guessing no one went home sulking...." Gee Dad...why did Eddie wear his hair in a bun like that....is he a muslim....I thought he was from Holland...Jeez....my ears are sore....it was too loud...Why did they have to play so loud Daddy?....Why oh Why?....and why didnt they play my favorite song...Just Like Paradise....Gee Golly Gee Whiz Shucks Papa....that was the worst show ever....can we go to Dairly Queen I want to get a banana 🍌 split"....

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Act View Post
    I remember now your the one here that saw VH at the 78 Missisippi Jam. I remember pics popping up a few years ago. Always wondered how the hell any of you in attendance could actually see or hear the show it looks so huge in the �� pictures & of course back then no big screens.

�� Cool you got to take your son to see �� VH good stuff. Dynamite.

And another thing....11 years old....I've noticed comments surfing through the years....theres a lot of folks dont even believe young folks attended concerts back then at 11 years old & what not...as though it's some kinda big deal or something. Haha.

No- It's the same as going to a movie or theatre play. Hockey game, demolition derby, horse �� races, etc, etc,

My Dad took me to my first concert in 1976. BTO at Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver with Trooper opening up. ( Randy Bachman produced their first 4 albums).

I was only 8 years old at the time but I think he wanted to go see BTO & I was with him at the time because we were at the PNE. Roller Coaster summer fair.

Then later on took me to see KISS in 1979. Love �� my Dad. I still to this day take great care of his record collection & other belongings

On Fire
    Last Online

I just went home thinking I paid money to watch a wrecked asshole roll around on the floor and play out of key in every single song in the set. It was embarrassing..for him. But hey, he got paid. You know it's bad when the girlfriend turns and says during the show "he sounds horrible".

Ah, the memories of the worst VH concert I've ever been to, and honestly probably one of the worst concerts in general I've ever been to. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
    Last edited by sinners__swing; 10.23.19 at 07:19 PM.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by sinners__swing View Post
    I saw VH on the 2004 tour and Ed sucked from start to finish. Two hours of horseshit with him rolling around on the floor with the sustainer engaged. I watched quite a few bootlegs from that tour, they all sucked. I used to be an admin on a pretty popular guitar site back then and we had a really good bootleg forum and trust me I heard and watched a shit load of VH bootlegs. That tour was by far the worst. Even the 98 tour was better.

By the way, Eddie was drunk for pretty much every show for his entire career up until the last ten years. He was more than drunk on the 2004 tour.
    I can dig it. Yes I know they were juiced during the glory years. I was just posting thinking that one picture was overexposed. Hell even Bill Murray made a joke about Eddie in one of the movies.

I'll take your word about the 2004 shows( like I said before I missed my show), but I was just saying I think it's ovwrexagerarted is all.

I haven't watched much 2004 bootleg footage so cant comment other than saying what I did watch looked cool as hell. There was a raunchy belivellant vibe I've never noticed before.

Also- I am a big fan of the whole " sex, drugs, & rock ; roll " cliche, whether it be the Stones, Zeppelin or whomever...so I'm not super hyper critical of rock performers playing live intoxicated. There was a time when it was actually considered cool 😎 to a certain degree.

But yeah- VH fans nowdays are for the most part clean cut good wholesome religious living folks who don't smoke 🚬 drink 🍸 or snort & I personally have very little in common with.

On Fire
    Last Online

I can dig it. Yes I know they were juiced during the glory years. I was just posting thinking that one picture was overexposed. Hell even Bill Murray made a joke about Eddie in one of the movies.

I'll take your word about the 2004 shows( like I said before I missed my show), but I was just saying I think it's ovwrexagerarted is all.

I haven't watched much 2004 bootleg footage so cant comment other than saying what I did watch looked cool as hell. There was a raunchy belivellant vibe I've never noticed before.

Also- I am a big fan of the whole " sex, drugs, & rock ; roll " cliche, whether it be the Stones, Zeppelin or whomever...so I'm not super hyper critical of rock performers playing live intoxicated. There was a time when it was actually considered cool �� to a certain degree.

But yeah- VH fans nowdays are for the most part clean cut good wholesome religious living folks who don't smoke �� drink �� or snort & I personally have very little in common with.

I'm not that young and I have done a lot of partying. I was a big fan of drugs and women and still am but I stopped dealing with the drugs now, women are still a weakness. I definitely wasn't clean cut or religious in my younger days. I'm cleaner cut now but still definitely not religious. Holy water boils when I walk into a church. lol. Some people think I'm crazy but that's o.k.. I wouldn't know, their crazy is my normal. I couldn't care less if somebody is on Mars when they're performing, just be professional, play in key, don't be a mess to the point that it hinders a performance. Ed was so fucked up that it was a train wreck. As a pro musician that shouldn't be happening. That's all I'm saying.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

01.25.20 @ 09:46 AM
    Liked 2,401 Times in 1,363 Posts

U ok Heisenberg?!?!?
    Little Dreamer

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

01.25.20 @ 09:46 AM
    Liked 2,401 Times in 1,363 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    It is here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    U obviously r not a fan of The Big Lebowski...
    Little Dreamer

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

01.25.20 @ 09:30 PM
    Liked 17,724 Times in 9,398 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    U ok Heisenberg?!?!?
    I think he's fine, just had a few drinks.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

18. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

11.14.19 @ 12:30 PM
    Liked 675 Times in 343 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    U obviously r not a fan of The Big Lebowski...
    Or a golfer.
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

20. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

01.25.20 @ 08:47 PM
    Liked 4,172 Times in 2,550 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    Based on the chapter in Norm's book, very likely not.
    What happened with EVH and Norm?
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

fw/f^&
    Favorite VH Song

fw/5150
    Last Online

01.25.20 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 52 Times in 26 Posts

Eddie is just inperfect man like the rest of us. He has his own problems he has to deal with. He is not God he's just a musician that we happened to enjoy his music. It does not give him a pass for everything he does. I hate when people put musicians/ entertainers on a higher level than they should be. So that anything they do is okay and that it's perfectly okay to give a sloppy concert or a bad performance that someone paid for because he is a famous person slash guitarist / actor / actress and so on. To me it just amazes me that people give a pass over bad behavior because they're celebrities. He's just a man, there's no need to worship him. He's not above me or my family are more important than my family.