Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.27.19 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 108 Times in 46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    They’re a tabloid media org specifically designed to sensationalize potentially sordid celebrity events. They are often errant with their investigative process, which largely entails stalking celeb haunts and contacts for on the street sound bytes.
    That's not the point. Yeah, the methods they use to obtain information is deplorable, but the fact is, they ARE a reliable source of information, which is what you initially said they weren't. Take it from a a member of the media, dismissing them is ridiculous because of their tabloid, clickbait nature. They're more accurate and break more stories than almost every news outlet that people routine refer to as "reliable."

2. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

10.22.19 @ 11:45 AM
    Liked 4,215 Times in 2,683 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
    That's not the point. Yeah, the methods they use to obtain information is deplorable, but the fact is, they ARE a reliable source of information, which is what you initially said they weren't. Take it from a a member of the media, dismissing them is ridiculous because of their tabloid, clickbait nature. They're more accurate and break more stories than almost every news outlet that people routine refer to as "reliable."
    I can point out dozens of errant TMZ reports. The fact that they’re right sometimes doesn’t validate them as an accredited news source.

Sheesh. Look at all the defenses of shit culture lately.

Last Online

11.12.19 @ 06:35 PM
    Liked 1,803 Times in 894 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by AceCard View Post
    I knew a few people over the years that worked at TMZ and most of what they post is actually leaked out by the celebrities themselves, because they want to control the narrative, but they don't want to look like they do. I would be surprised if the Van Halen camp didn't have TMZ put this up. If anything, it's certainly going to make some of DLR's recent comment seem insensitive. He's certainly going to be asked a lot more about it now, too.
    I was thinking the same thing - maybe this is a purposeful leak from the VH camp, without them having to make a statement. They hate publicity. So, they leak it - if for no other reason than to shut everyone up.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Unfortunately, you're just wrong and are having some sort of issue admitting it, and I get it - not many people want to face the fact that TMZ are a reliable source, but they are. To say otherwise is like saying water isn't wet; the more you argue the point the more foolish you look. Everywhere makes errant reports, TMZ included, but their history alone validates them. More often than not, they are correct. They have broken so many stories it's ridiculous.

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

11.12.19 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 9,151 Times in 6,584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
    Unfortunately, you're just wrong and are having some sort of issue admitting it, and I get it - not many people want to face the fact that TMZ are a reliable source, but they are. To say otherwise is like saying water isn't wet; the more you argue the point the more foolish you look. Everywhere makes errant reports, TMZ included, but their history alone validates them. More often than not, they are correct. They have broken so many stories it's ridiculous.
    I often watch TMZ Live on TV at night.
    They have a fairly proven track record and I like a lot of the scoops they dish out. Also neat to see candid footage/interviews with certain celebs and public figures.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.12.19 @ 08:39 PM
    Liked 16,810 Times in 7,398 Posts

TMZ is a reliable source for stuff like this. Absolutely. I’m sure what they posted is accurate.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

11.12.19 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 1,031 Times in 552 Posts

Premium Member

I can point out dozens of errant TMZ reports. The fact that they’re right sometimes doesn’t validate them as an accredited news source.

Sheesh. Look at all the defenses of shit culture lately.
    What exactly would you call accredited or even "reliable" news sources these days, especially when it comes to celebrity news?

Shit culture runs from top to bottom in the media and entertainment industry and has for a long time.

12. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

10.13.19 @ 02:24 PM
    Liked 101 Times in 42 Posts

Maybe the throat is the new hip, as far as Dave’s concerned.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

11.06.19 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts

Hey, all - I've lurked way more than I've logged in for some time now, but since the subject of cancer hits home personally now more than it did at the time of Ed's initial diagnosis, I wanted to add a comment. Brett and a few others on here know that I am a recent cancer survivor myself. And I may not be the only one on here, by any means. But I can say from firsthand experience that chemo and radiation affect your appearance a great deal during treatment, and one way it does that is this puffiness/bloating of the face (and extremities). If that pic of Ed is recent, then I would have zero problem believing it if I was told Ed was getting treatment. But I'll also say that if that's indeed a recent pic of him following treatment, he looks really good. And as a result, I would also not have a hard time believing the comments from Melodicrock and Vai saying that he's actually reported to be doing well.

Unfortunately, we have to measure all of this against all the clickbait trash sites that sensationalize things to the extreme - i.e., Ed being "on death's door". Getting treatment for a recurrence of cancer is by no means the equivalent of being in dire condition. I have friends who have survived 3 or 4 battles. At the moment, I'm one of the fortunate ones who is "clean". I know that can change at any given time. With that said, I find news of Ed having a recurrence to be a much more believable reason for inactivity than the same old reports of in-fighting and whatnot. I'm just going to pray for a successful treatment for him until I hear anything that can be proven otherwise.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

10.22.19 @ 11:45 AM
    Liked 4,215 Times in 2,683 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    What exactly would you call accredited or even "reliable" news sources these days, especially when it comes to celebrity news?

Shit culture runs from top to bottom in the media and entertainment industry and has for a long time.
    The Van Halen family is about the only place I would put stock into reports concerning Eddie’s health.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

11.12.19 @ 08:18 PM
    Liked 24,608 Times in 13,981 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Hey, all - I've lurked way more than I've logged in for some time now, but since the subject of cancer hits home personally now more than it did at the time of Ed's initial diagnosis, I wanted to add a comment. Brett and a few others on here know that I am a recent cancer survivor myself. And I may not be the only one on here, by any means. But I can say from firsthand experience that chemo and radiation affect your appearance a great deal during treatment, and one way it does that is this puffiness/bloating of the face (and extremities). If that pic of Ed is recent, then I would have zero problem believing it if I was told Ed was getting treatment. But I'll also say that if that's indeed a recent pic of him following treatment, he looks really good. And as a result, I would also not have a hard time believing the comments from Melodicrock and Vai saying that he's actually reported to be doing well.

Unfortunately, we have to measure all of this against all the clickbait trash sites that sensationalize things to the extreme - i.e., Ed being "on death's door". Getting treatment for a recurrence of cancer is by no means the equivalent of being in dire condition. I have friends who have survived 3 or 4 battles. At the moment, I'm one of the fortunate ones who is "clean". I know that can change at any given time. With that said, I find news of Ed having a recurrence to be a much more believable reason for inactivity than the same old reports of in-fighting and whatnot. I'm just going to pray for a successful treatment for him until I hear anything that can be proven otherwise.
    Whaddup, J? Do you remember when we met in person at that Atomic Punks gig when Michael Anthony jammed with them way back in early 2003 at the Anaheim House of Blues? You were there with L, aka FS.

I hope you are both doing well.

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

17. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/HBSD
    Last Online

11.12.19 @ 02:21 PM
    Liked 153 Times in 38 Posts

Does anyone know why Ed would have to travel to Germany for radiation? Are there varieties of radiation treatment or kinds that aren't approved here?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.12.19 @ 09:48 AM
    Liked 2,318 Times in 1,301 Posts

I don't think the TMZ report is actually adding much new info, because it's lacking the specific details. First I'm surprised that if EVH is flying commercial to germany on a regular basis, we didn't hear about it a long time ago. Imagine the number of ppl crossing his path, airline staff, TSA, other passengers, etc. Literally hundreds of other ppl. Weird. I also wonder what kind of treatment they have in Germany that is not available in Southern California. Wtf SoCal hospitals, get your act together!
    Someone close to me is battling cancer right now. I can tell you you CANNOT do any kind of long haul flight if you're going through some serious chemo. Immune system is too weak, it would expose you to all kinds of things in an airport or airplane.
    TMZ may have some info, but like any media nowadays (unfortunately), they're going to dramatize any headline to create some buzz. Maybe EVH goes to Germany to get a second opinion and some minor treatment once a year, and then they're gonna dramatize the hell out of it.
    Because if not it makes Dave look like a major prick with his remarks, and would risk him joining Sammy on the brothers shitlist. Plus every musician is saying EVH's doing fine. So do we believe them, or TMZ?

Also, on a sidenote, I'm sure we have a doctor or two amongst the poster of this site. Could we once and for all stop cold in its track the bullshit story of getting cancer from a metal guitar pick? EVH got cancer from smoking two packs a day, end of story. I know he doesn't want to admit it, but cancer is a serious thing, nobody benefits from having myths and crazy stories go around.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

The Van Halen family is about the only place I would put stock into reports concerning Eddie’s health.
    Right...and had it been CNN or Rolling Stone reporting this news, you would be saying the same thing I'm sure.

21. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

10.31.19 @ 06:12 PM
    Liked 583 Times in 354 Posts

The media in America is corrupt and full of shit. There's no investigative journalism anymore with the popular sensationalist companies with the talking heads. They all get their information at once and all of them spew the same crap into your brains all day long. They sell it and you guys buy it.
    Just go for it!

23. The Following 2 Members Like This Post: