Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Last Online

10.14.19 @ 01:27 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by C Brown View Post
    If this is indeed “Ed’s story to tell” that Dave referenced, then I totally agree. DLR can fuck right on off.
    Maybe Dave wasn't made aware of the depth of Ed's health issues? If the leak is correct in that Ed has been getting treatment for 5 years, the had to have been getting treatment before and after the 2015 tour, so maybe Dave thought nothing much was different and he couldn't get anything out of the brothers as to their future plans and was frustrated. You'll never convince me that Dave would infer something negative about Ed if he knew Ed's health had deteriorated, so it makes me wonder if A) Ed's health hasn't deteriorated to the point where he's gravely ill, or B) Dave doesn't know what's going on with Ed's health, which would be preposterous for Dave to just have to sit and play tiddly winks with no clue if the band will do anything else and if so, when?

2. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.09.19 @ 08:36 AM
    Liked 115 Times in 52 Posts

That new photo looks very worrying to me as it looks like my mother did when battling cancer - where did it come from?

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

11.12.19 @ 12:19 AM
    Liked 48 Times in 31 Posts

David Bertinelli (one of Valerie's brothers) replying to Greg Renoff on Twitter:

"I spoke to Ed less than 2 weeks ago and he sounded good; the same as I have known for over 30 years. He also sent me a text Thursday thanking my son for the Thank You picture he had drawn for guitar Ed donated to the school."
    Sam & Dave are equally as good.

6. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Top Of The World
    Last Online

11.11.19 @ 09:12 AM
    Liked 256 Times in 119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Fly View Post
    Where's that picture from?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

11.12.19 @ 12:19 AM
    Liked 48 Times in 31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leroy View Post
    That new photo looks very worrying to me as it looks like my mother did when battling cancer - where did it come from?
    It came from a Slovenian newspaper.
    https://www.24ur.com/popin/tuja-scen...v-nemciji.html

I wouldn't worry too much regarding his appearance. After all, it's the treatment that cause puffiness and an overall unhealthy look, so it doesn't have to mean that he's in later stages. Throat cancer has a survival rate of 90%, and he's reportedly feeling better, so I think he's gonna make it!
    Sam & Dave are equally as good.

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Unchained
    Last Online

11.11.19 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 286 Times in 102 Posts

My brother currently has acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Horrible, awful disease that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I'm going to be a donor for him so he can hopefully kick it but even then there's no guarantee.

It is worrying, for Ed, (if this is true) that the disease is THIS persistent and your body's immune system can only fight the cancer incursions so much before it gets overwhelmed. It's a tribute to Ed that he's survived this well for so long but that might not always be the case. Hopefully they can get it licked.

Wish him the best. Lets not try to make Dave the devil here. If he was saying something that Ed and Al don't agree with or are protesting over they have no trouble releasing a statement. Remember how quickly Irving Azoff rebutted Dave on the "touring Europe" thing in 2013.

Keeping good thoughts for Ed.

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Song

Hang `em High, I'm the One
    Last Online

11.11.19 @ 08:51 PM
    Liked 1,976 Times in 1,127 Posts

Premium Member

This would show how far Dave is out of the loop. I'm sure he's had no idea.

Also makes sense why they've left everyone hanging. THEY'RE hanging! Maybe Eddie would love to do more, but he's got no idea where his health will be at any moment so he can't say, "Farewell tour," or, "See you next year."

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

11.11.19 @ 01:23 PM
    Liked 18,673 Times in 10,655 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LossOfControl View Post
    Maybe Dave wasn't made aware of the depth of Ed's health issues? If the leak is correct in that Ed has been getting treatment for 5 years, the had to have been getting treatment before and after the 2015 tour, so maybe Dave thought nothing much was different and he couldn't get anything out of the brothers as to their future plans and was frustrated. You'll never convince me that Dave would infer something negative about Ed if he knew Ed's health had deteriorated, so it makes me wonder if A) Ed's health hasn't deteriorated to the point where he's gravely ill, or B) Dave doesn't know what's going on with Ed's health, which would be preposterous for Dave to just have to sit and play tiddly winks with no clue if the band will do anything else and if so, when?

Sounds like Eddie’s being treated for Barrett’s Esophagus. Morrissey was diagnosed with this in 2015 and has to have cancer cells scraped from time to time. He’s a vocalist so it would be more obvious if it was doing any damage. He’s been well and tours consistently.

I highly doubt Dave would say anything to callously diminish any suffering Ed was going through. “Not my story to tell” means he’s not going to put Ed’s business out on the street. That’s assuming Dave knows the specifics of what’s going on.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.11.19 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 981 Times in 542 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by vhfan5150 View Post
    I'm not sure how closely you follow - or don't follow - TMZ, but actually they are a VERY reliable source of info. In fact, they are the first outlet to break many stories in the entertainment world. We're not talking about the National Enquirer, here.
    They are not a gossip rag in the context that they seem to verify stories. Unless I’m mistaken, they have actually broken true stories about celebrities many times. Add Andrew’s post from Melodicrock and I think we have the clearest understanding to date as to what’s going on. I really wondered if Ed was far closer to death than we knew. Thank God it appears Ed is doing ok.

Thanks Andrew for the post. Cheers Mate:
    Last edited by Destructo3; 10.13.19 at 12:10 PM.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.11.19 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 981 Times in 542 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyBoy View Post
    This would show how far Dave is out of the loop. I'm sure he's had no idea.

Also makes sense why they've left everyone hanging. THEY'RE hanging! Maybe Eddie would love to do more, but he's got no idea where his health will be at any moment so he can't say, "Farewell tour," or, "See you next year."

This is probably the most succinct and likely accurate summation of what’s going on and why things haven’t materialized as we want since 2015.

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad/When It's Love
    Last Online

11.08.19 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 30 Times in 9 Posts

God bless him. He’s the brains and fingers behind the greatest music ever recorded in my opinion. Here’s to hoping he’s doing as well as Steve Vai and his former brother in law says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.05.19 @ 04:40 PM
    Liked 243 Times in 105 Posts

I'm happy to give Dave the benefit of the doubt. There is a good chance he had no idea as to the severity of Eddie's health issues and treatment. Eddie has said that he has no relationship with Dave so it makes sense that he wouldn't tell him any specifics about what he's going through. That would explain Dave's anger and frustration towards the band. I hope that's the explanation. I just want Eddie to be healthy and to live. I'm not looking for anything from VH and I've accepted that I've probably seen them for the last time (twice in 2015).

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

11.10.19 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 627 Times in 220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Sounds like Eddie’s being treated for Barrett’s Esophagus. Morrissey was diagnosed with this in 2015 and has to have cancer cells scraped from time to time. He’s a vocalist so it would be more obvious if it was doing any damage. He’s been well and tours consistently.

I highly doubt Dave would say anything to callously diminish any suffering Ed was going through. “Not my story to tell” means he’s not going to put Ed’s business out on the street. That’s assuming Dave knows the specifics of what’s going on.
    Not to mention Roth has said that "hears all the same rumors everyone else does" about his health situation. I might be a little irked, too, if I was being kept at arm's length about that and in the dark about the future of the band. They may not be close, but they are kind of family.
    "There will always be a Holyfield or a Tyson, but there's only one Mohammad Ali. There will always be a new body building champion, but there's only one Arnold. And there's only one David Lee. I'm the fun in Van Halen, always will be." - David Lee Roth

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...yarcwoiovu.jpg

23. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

11.11.19 @ 08:08 PM
    Liked 1,029 Times in 550 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Fly View Post
    It came from a Slovenian newspaper.
    https://www.24ur.com/popin/tuja-scen...v-nemciji.html

I wouldn't worry too much regarding his appearance. After all, it's the treatment that cause puffiness and an overall unhealthy look, so it doesn't have to mean that he's in later stages. Throat cancer has a survival rate of 90%, and he's reportedly feeling better, so I think he's gonna make it!
    Puffiness in the face and extremities aka: Cushing's syndrome is often a by-product of steroids used as a part of cancer treatment.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.11.19 @ 11:37 PM
    Liked 464 Times in 311 Posts

Dave probably doesn't have much more idea with what's going on than people on here do
    Dealing with it.

26. The Following 2 Members Like This Post: