Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.19 @ 08:50 AM
    Liked 16,960 Times in 7,483 Posts

Default DAVID LEE ROTH NEWS - ODDS & ENDS

When that whole thing was going down with his wife and he went to jail or something, he contacted me several times to remove posts from the site and he acted really off. I can’t explain it but it was really very weird. Threatening lawsuits and other craziness. I think he probably had some health issues. Poor guy.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

12.10.19 @ 09:34 AM
    Liked 1,056 Times in 569 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    When that whole thing was going down with his wife and he went to jail or something, he contacted me several times to remove posts from the site and he acted really off. I can’t explain it but it was really very weird. Threatening lawsuits and other craziness. I think he probably had some health issues. Poor guy.
    Didn't he claim Roth ripped him off of money from his time in Dave's solo band?

I don't know if I still have it, but I used to have a VHS tape of an Atomic Punks show at the Whiskey or The Roxy I was at that was possibly the last show he played with them before leaving for Dave's band.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

One of my bands opened for them when he was the guitar player. He was kind of a dick but I think he was just having a bad night I don’t know. I became friendly with them later on after he left when I started doing their website for them.
    Webmaster

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.10.19 @ 08:19 AM
    Liked 26,930 Times in 13,590 Posts

DLR has lots of faults I am sure, but I remember several of his solo band members talk about how generous DLR was and that everything was first class.

I would be surprised based upon what other band members have said about him if DLR stiffed him, or that if he did, it wasn't for cause. Unfortunately, the man seemed to have some issues.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.10.19 @ 09:35 AM
    Liked 2,351 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    Apparently Walsh died from intestinal bleeding and dehydration, possibly similar to diverticulitis. Which would be pretty ironic seeing as that's what nearly killed Eddie in 2012.
    Well, he probably had far less money to pay for the medical bills than Ed did, putting him more at risk of this happening.
    Little Dreamer

Last Online

12.10.19 @ 09:32 AM
    Liked 2,298 Times in 976 Posts

Premium Member

Lol. I tried to be pretty respectful in main regarding Bart. And he was pretty cool when I met him, but then he would just say weird shit. Like I was talking about the Punks to him and he interrupted me mid-sentence and said "What are you? the president of the fan club or something?" in sort of a shitty tone. I was like ok dude, then let's talk about your multiple platinum albums... I mean I thought he'd think it was cool I recognized his playing pre-Roth. Idk. He just seemed like not a happy guy, but I'm basing this off 2 hours about 10 years ago. I was looking forward to him putting together something and touring... Nothing but respect for his playing and prayers for his family.
    Last edited by EJC; 11.18.19 at 08:28 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Look I don’t want to speak ill of the dead either but he was definitely a weird dude. One of my bands opened up for the Punks a long time ago when they were just getting started at some club in the valley, and they had their equipment set up already because they were the headliners. They put their stuff like under a tarp. So all of the other bands just had to bring their equipment up and set up in front of them. He is standing there by chance I guess as I’m setting up and says to me “Don’t look under there and don’t touch any of my stuff.” I thought to myself “Who the fuck are you? You’re some fucking dude in a cover band. Get over yourself.” Like I was playing $5 equipment or something. I couldn’t care less about what he used.

So from then on I wasn’t much of a Bart Walsh fan. Years later when I started working with the Punks on their website I told Ralph about that “meeting” with Bart and he said, “Yeah he could be a pretty big dick.”

I feel bad the guy died, but I never had a good exchange with the guy ever. He was just odd.
    Webmaster

Last Online

Premium Member

Lol great story. It's so funny how different guys in the same band have such different personalities and attitudes toward the other guys on the bill. When my band opened up for "Almost Queen" a few years ago - the singer and drummer were really cool and didn't take themselves seriously at all. The bass player, who I guess was in some semi-famous hair bands in the 80s, and played bass for Steve Harris' daugher thought he actually WAS IN Queen. He was wearing eyeliner and shit, straightening his hair in the dressing room... I said what's up to him when we were doing our soundcheck and he just walked by me and ignored me. I was also like - dude get over yourself. You aren't REALLY a rock star. You are still playing the same shitty club my band played 4x that year...

~E

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.10.19 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 17,236 Times in 9,104 Posts

Premium Member

Look I don’t want to speak ill of the dead either but he was definitely a weird dude. One of my bands opened up for the Punks a long time ago when they were just getting started at some club in the valley, and they had their equipment set up already because they were the headliners. They put their stuff like under a tarp. So all of the other bands just had to bring their equipment up and set up in front of them. He is standing there by chance I guess as I’m setting up and says to me “Don’t look under there and don’t touch any of my stuff.” I thought to myself “Who the fuck are you? You’re some fucking dude in a cover band. Get over yourself.” Like I was playing $5 equipment or something. I couldn’t care less about what he used.

So from then on I wasn’t much of a Bart Walsh fan. Years later when I started working with the Punks on their website I told Ralph about that “meeting” with Bart and he said, “Yeah he could be a pretty big dick.”

I feel bad the guy died, but I never had a good exchange with the guy ever. He was just odd.
    Some people are just dicks.

I remember a long time ago I drove down to Tallahassee to see my family. My aunt tells me there's this open jam night at some local watering hole and I should cone down and play.

I told her I didn't bring my guitar and she tells me no big deal, I can use one there.

So I go with her and her husband and sign up to play. When they call me up the guy looks at me and asks where's my guitar. I tell him I was told I could use yours since your the one running the thing. He starts throwing a fit about me using his fucking Epiphone Les Paul. I'm thinking my Music Man at home is worth twice as much as your fucking knock off gold top, I'm not going to light it on fire like Hendrix at Monterey.

My aunt convinces him to let me use his guitar and I played some SRV stuff and was definitely the best player of the night.

People get so stupid when it comes to this stuff. Unless you're a fucking hack you're not going to fuck soneone's equipment up.
    Last edited by Get The Show On The Road; 11.18.19 at 09:00 PM.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

12. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Lol your EBMM is worth 10x his Epi Les Paul, not 2x!

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

I guess my EBMM didn’t impress Bart either because that’s what I was using that night.
    Webmaster

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

12.10.19 @ 09:14 AM
    Liked 4,902 Times in 2,219 Posts

I never had an unfortunate interaction w him but cant say Brett's is the only one I heard.
    No excuse but in general a lot of times folks think musicians are better off than they are if they made it. Scrapping gig to gig to just stay on the other side of working musician is an super stressful gig and if someone has other chaos in their life dealing w all is not always graceful. People under severe stress do not always make the best decisions or present their best sides.
    Dave and Bart had no outstanding issues the details beyond that are irrelevant

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last Online

12.10.19 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1,849 Times in 911 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Some people are just dicks.

I remember a long time ago I drove down to Tallahassee to see my family. My aunt tells me there's this open jam night at some local watering hole and I should cone down and play.

I told her I didn't bring my guitar and she tells me no big deal, I can use one there.

So I go with her and her husband and sign up to play. When they call me up the guy looks at me and asks where's my guitar. I tell him I was told I could use yours since your the one running the thing. He starts throwing a fit about me using his fucking Epiphone Les Paul. I'm thinking my Music Man at home is worth twice as much as your fucking knock off gold top, I'm not going to light it on fire like Hendrix at Monterey.

My aunt convinces him to let me use his guitar and I played some SRV stuff and was definitely the best player of the night.

People get so stupid when it comes to this stuff. Unless you're a fucking hack you're not going to fuck soneone's equipment up.
    I had a friend who was a bassist; we played in a few garage bands together. Whenever I’d let him play my guitars, afterwards the neck felt like he just ate a bucket of KFC. I hated when he’d ask to use one of my guitars!

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 8,083 Times in 4,071 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Rokgtar View Post
    I had a friend who was a bassist; we played in a few garage bands together. Whenever I’d let him play my guitars, afterwards the neck felt like he just ate a bucket of KFC. I hated when he’d ask to use one of my guitars!
    If a guitar is over 1k, no one plays it here at fudd manor. We have a few budget selections for guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

12.10.19 @ 07:49 AM
    Liked 11,239 Times in 6,216 Posts

Premium Member

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Disturbed and More Join Metallica for Epicenter Festival (+David Lee Roth)

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...nyrd-disturbed