Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Last Online

11.12.19 @ 11:13 PM
    Liked 1,189 Times in 632 Posts

Premium Member

Dude, that is outstanding. But. May I suggest a certain point in your posting? Spaces n shit. Remember young lovers...eat lightly. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

" that's so pussy ass" Brook.

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

11.13.19 @ 02:00 PM
    Liked 1,850 Times in 980 Posts

Premium Member

Looking at jomama's ticket stub for floor ticket at Monsters of Rock for $28.50. In 2019 dollars, that's about $60. Today, such a show would probably set you back at least $200 for the floor I would say.
    "Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

11.13.19 @ 04:58 PM
    Liked 11,766 Times in 6,590 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Looking at jomama's ticket stub for floor ticket at Monsters of Rock for $28.50. In 2019 dollars, that's about $60. Today, such a show would probably set you back at least $200 for the floor I would say.
    bands gotta make up for making no money on selling music.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

11.12.19 @ 03:48 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    Dude, that is outstanding. But. May I suggest a certain point in your posting? Spaces n shit. Remember young lovers...eat lightly. Out.
    Not sure what this means....?

Last Online

11.13.19 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 1,031 Times in 552 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by jomama1 View Post
    Not sure what this means....?
    Paragraph breaks.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    Paragraph breaks.
    Dig.

I'd go back and add some but it's too late to edit now. Oh, well. If I post again, I'll add more paragraph breaks.

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

11.07.19 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 205 Times in 104 Posts

great story thank you for sharing, there used to be footage of that show on youtube, but it´s no longer there, I remember Sammy talking about your shirt and about the storm.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Now, with video!

I haven't been able to track down the guy who filmed this show. I've been told that he does not like his videos ending up on Youtube (which I'm guessing is why the video from the thread dedicated to this show is no longer active), but I don't see the harm in uploading an "Unlisted" (meaning, only people with the link can see it) clip of just the t-shirt incident. Please don't add it to any public playlists; that way, it will only be able to be viewed via this thread. If I'm asked to take it down, I'll certainly do so, but it seems a shame for you guys not to be able to see it.

So, without further ado...and with big thanks to the intrepid videographer...here it is!

Gratuitous timestamp commentary:

0:45 The guy who Sammy initially points to and asks if he's the guy and invites onstage, that is not me; he's pointing a liar claiming to have made my shirt! At this point, my 15-year-old self is frantically trying to get to the front of the stage, pushing past a security guard who tried to stop me.

0:55 I've made it to the front and am screaming at Sammy and Eddie that it's my shirt. I am pretty sure that that's me pointing at myself and I think was pleading with Eddie to believe me, but he just passes me right over.

1:05 You can see people (who don't even know me!) pointing at me, saying that I'm the guy.

1:17 When Sammy says, "This is the guy here? This is the guy?", he's pointing at and referring to me.

1:42 The second beer that Mike tosses out was to me, and I actually caught it! It was a Budweiser. A security guard snatched it right out of my hand.

After that, while Sammy is telling the story, I believe that is when I turned around and saw my brother handing me that other shirt. If memory serves me right, this one had "Sammy" on the back (I had made up 5 identical shirts, with each of the guys' names on the back; the one I threw onstage said "Van Halen").

2:00 When Sammy points at the crowd, he's pointing at me and the second shirt I'm holding up.

2:05 That's my hand he's grabbing.

10. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

11.13.19 @ 09:32 AM
    Liked 2,527 Times in 1,555 Posts

Now, with video!

I haven't been able to track down the guy who filmed this show. I've been told that he does not like his videos ending up on Youtube (which I'm guessing is why the video from the thread dedicated to this show is no longer active), but I don't see the harm in uploading an "Unlisted" (meaning, only people with the link can see it) clip of just the t-shirt incident. Please don't add it to any public playlists; that way, it will only be able to be viewed via this thread. If I'm asked to take it down, I'll certainly do so, but it seems a shame for you guys not to be able to see it.

So, without further ado...and with big thanks to the intrepid videographer...here it is!

0:45 The guy who Sammy initially points to and asks if he's the guy and invites onstage, that is not me; he's pointing a liar claiming to have made my shirt! At this point, my 15-year-old self is frantically trying to get to the front of the stage, pushing past a security guard who tried to stop me.

0:55 I've made it to the front and am screaming at Sammy and Eddie that it's my shirt. I am pretty sure that that's me pointing at myself and I think was pleading with Eddie to believe me, but he just passes me right over.

1:05 You can see people (who don't even know me!) pointing at me, saying that I'm the guy.

1:17 When Sammy says, "This is the guy here? This is the guy?", he's pointing at and referring to me.

1:42 The second beer that Mike tosses out was to me, and I actually caught it! It was a Budweiser. A security guard snatched it right out of my hand.

After that, while Sammy is telling the story, I believe that is when I turned around and saw my brother handing me that other shirt. If memory serves me right, this one had "Sammy" on the back (I had made up 5 identical shirts, with each of the guys' names on the back; the one I threw onstage said "Van Halen").

2:00 When Sammy points at the crowd, he's pointing at me and the second shirt I'm holding up.

Fuckin' cool man!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

11.13.19 @ 02:00 PM
    Liked 1,850 Times in 980 Posts

Premium Member

Wow, it's incredible that there is footage and also that it's really good quality.
    "Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Wow, it's incredible that there is footage and also that it's really good quality.
    My feeling exactly. It kind of blows my mind.

Here are some notes I found, apparently from the videographer himself, from a few years ago:

http://www.vhtrading.com/topic/van-h...eri#post-49109

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

II
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

10.30.19 @ 02:32 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts

I dont post much and I posted this before, so for those that havent seen it- here it is!

We are talking January 1991. I was 15 going on 16, sophomore in High School
    Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, outside of Seattle. If you know Seattle, then back in that time, all the big acts outside of the Stones ( who could fill the Kingdome) played in the Tacoma dome because the Coliseum ( G-d Rest its soul, and screw you Clay Bennett and the Oklahona City for Kidnapping our Supersonics) wasnt large enough. Plus you had to drive about 45 min outside of Seattle, so you really had to love the band which made it more worthwhile.

I went with this guy I worked with who was about 21 at the time and I thought he was coolest guy on planet taking me to a VH show. My first.

We arrive there, a typical rock n roll, dont give a crap type of crowd who you would see at an Aerosmith or Ac/DC show. Bathrooms were too crowded so people were pissing in those universal sinks that they used to have. Ya know the ones that you step on and the water comes out. nobody wanted to wait in line, we all wanted to see band.

I bought a white T with band on front and on back it had definition of what poundcake was and it said... "I love my Baby's Poundcake!"

We walk in- while Alice in Chains was playing. Lane Staley ( RIP) had a broken leg so he couldnt move around. Nobody really paying attention.

Had 10th row on Mikes side and then Boom- the lights go down and what I thought was Eddie playing Star Spangled Banner, but I later found out it was Hendrix. Sammy before he lets out his vintage HELOOOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABY he says..... "G-d Bless America"
    Eddie starts blasting the drill 4-5 times more than the album version. Lights come on, and there they were. For the first time in my life, the Mighty VH. 1984 was my first casette i had bought so it was a long wait for me. Crowd goes into a frenzy. It was surreal- there they were! Right in front of me. I couldnt believe it. Alex was pounding, Eddie high flying kicks, Sammy spinning around on mic and Mike doing his Mikey thing.

Believe it or not, one of biggest crowd pleasers of night was I cant Drive 55. A time when the brothers didnt mind playing it. Crowd screaming out "55" as they did on LWAN. the buildup to that chorus was intense.
    From the drum solo
    to sammys solo of give to live
    to eddies solo of course.

It was all surreal.

At end sammy says- Ok Eddie, WTF are we gonna play now? and He jets in to intro or ATBL. Roof almost blew up. building up to EVERY SINGLE FIST IN THE CROWD PUMPING. "HEY HEY HEY !!!!!!!!"

It was magical.

There is more, but this is what i got for now.

Remember at the time- DLR was a distant ( good) memory, so if you liked Sammy which i did and still do, there was no comparing to Dave like there is now or there was in 86, because this was already their 3rd album with Hagar and Roth wasnt on radar screen. So you took it or left it.

i took it alright. A night I will never forget. Like Sammy Said- "God Bless America" and yes

God Bless Van Halen

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

II
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

10.30.19 @ 02:32 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts

Now, with video!

Amazing!!
    Look how happy they look! Notice he goes in Cabo at the end. Do you have more footage of this show? Great find

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by vhawks12 View Post
    Amazing!!
    Look how happy they look! Notice he goes in Cabo at the end. Do you have more footage of this show? Great find
    I do. I finally heard back from the guy who filmed the show, and, with his blessing (if I've interpreted his message to me correctly), I've uploaded the show to DepositFiles. These links should be good for a few months, I'm guessing. So, if you want the whole Providence show, this is your chance:

Part 1 - https://depositfiles.com/files/wzex0jp1a

Part 2 - https://depositfiles.com/files/826grvnms

Enjoy!!