Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

10.15.19 @ 07:53 PM
    Liked 16,696 Times in 8,793 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glenninaus View Post
    Its Ed.......addressing things publicly is not really his kinda thing. IMO if its as bad as DLR implied, I wouldnt blame Ed shutting up shop and doing things privately.
    What I'm saying is eventually the rumors that he is sick are going to either have to be confirmed or denied. And a no comment is as good as a confirmation.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Last Online

10.15.19 @ 11:36 AM
    Liked 2,053 Times in 867 Posts

I know I have zero control over it, but I would suggest we all just take a moment and sort of not turn this into a 45 page thread theorizing about Ed's health. Yeah he's Eddie Van Halen and all, but he's also someone's father, someone's husband, someone's brother, etc...

They know how to reach us if it's anything they want to disclose...

That's all I'll say about it. ~Peace~

~E

3. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

10.15.19 @ 07:03 PM
    Liked 1,258 Times in 477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EJC View Post
    I know I have zero control over it, but I would suggest we all just take a moment and sort of not turn this into a 45 page thread theorizing about Ed's health. Yeah he's Eddie Van Halen and all, but he's also someone's father, someone's husband, someone's brother, etc...

~E
    The one thing that seems bizarre about DLR’s statement is that would you really go through a residency playing the VH catalog if the founder member was that ill—if he is even ill at all? Personally, I don’t know other than what has been speculated. Maybe it’s more of a decision not to play with DLR picking up the VH reigns? If that’s the case, I’m fine with it.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Song

Hang `em High, I'm the One
    Last Online

10.16.19 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 1,916 Times in 1,097 Posts

"He won't be rising to meet the bell this time." Makes me think of a Tyler Childers song: "Out on a Drunk."

Amazing Dave says, "I hear all the same rumors you do." Why do I think Dave only knows about as much about Van Halen as we do?

It was nice to hear Dave being normal, though! Sounded a lot more like the guy I idolized at 14.

"When you're home, who are your famous neighbors?" What a fucking stupid question! "Do you remember your first beer?" I would expect a high school newspaper to have better questions!

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by EJC View Post

~E
    I agree 100 percent EJC.

I've defended Ed's and VHs radio silence plenty on here.

This is one area where refusing to give any sort of update to your fan base becomes problematic because it sets up a breeding ground for all sorts of speculation.

To me the biggest question isn't really Ed's health, it's why would he, Al, and Wolf not go with Dave and play Vegas if Dave is doing an all VH set? Just seems odd to me. Especially when it is just a limited number of shows.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

simple rhyme
    Last Online

10.15.19 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1,362 Times in 606 Posts

We had Van Halen frontman, David Lee Roth on the show today (9/12/19).

During the conversation (as Dave is wont to do), he proclaimed, “I’m the face of Van Halen from this point on…most likely.”

It was what he said immediately *after* that is probably going to garner a ton of attention. There’s been a *lot* of speculation as to why Van Halen didn’t reunite & tour with Michael Anthony as had been originally planned for this year. Turns out it wasn’t why you think…

I believe we may have inadvertently uncovered confirmation of a rumor that had been bubbling for a while now: Edward Van Halen is *very* sick. Dave was fairly coy overall, but he’s not stupid. In his own way, I think he’s preparing us.

GET READY TO GET READY...
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 7,950 Times in 3,995 Posts

Donor

As I said in the closed thread, if Ed or Alex is sick, let Janie or whoever cue us in on it. We don’t need to let a rumor run wild and paint a picture that is wrong. Dave has his own language and no translator so let’s just see what’s what. Janie or someone knows how to get a hold of Brett should something public need to be said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Enough
    Last Online

10.15.19 @ 07:03 PM
    Liked 1,258 Times in 477 Posts

Jeff’s VHND DLR interview seemed a lot less ominous:

And now, the Van Halen question. I know that they’re on their regularly scheduled hiatus…

Four summers have gone by. And for a singer, that’s paralyzing. Like a boxer, or a tap dancer, I am dependent upon my whole rig. My whole body. Perhaps playing a guitar, or piano, for example, with your hands, is a bit more forgiving over the years. If you come watch me now, I’m 65 going on 23. If you saw my X-rays, I’m 65 going on 80. [Laughs]

I’ve paid a price for the time off, frankly. Enough said there. I hope the best for the fellas. But I don’t know what’s coming up with Van Halen. It’s time for me to use whatever talents and skills that I have. I’m bettin’ the rent on it. You’re going to have a ball. This is the smile that launched a thousand hips.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.16.19 @ 02:17 AM
    Liked 18,396 Times in 10,489 Posts

Premium Member

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.15.19 @ 07:25 PM
    Liked 446 Times in 300 Posts

'I hope the best for the fellas' is about all you need to hear.
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

simple rhyme
    Last Online

10.15.19 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1,362 Times in 606 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    That's my favorite movie...

WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED

13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.16.19 @ 02:17 AM
    Liked 18,396 Times in 10,489 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikehunt5150 View Post
    That's my favorite movie...

One of the funniest movies in history.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Don't Tell Me
    Last Online

10.14.19 @ 10:13 PM
    Liked 155 Times in 96 Posts

Not to change the subject off of Ed’s health, but did anybody notice Dave’s comment about being a music fan. And something to the effect of “I know how every note of every song should go, and I expect it to be perfect”.

Seemed an odd statement to me, just based on his own performances. Maybe he was just talking about the band playing the music?
    SOME VH LINKS CLASSICS

"Sammy is fat, Dave is bald, Mike is next in line to be the Pope, Eddie is a drunk, Wolfie is fat, Gary is gay, CVH is VH, Mike is VH, Sammy can outsing Dave on a tequilla hangover, Eddie is a meth head, How Many Say I is the worst VH song ever, Up for Breakfast is a close second, Dave was horrible at radio and everybody hates the assless chaps.
    Ok I think that covers everything." Ziggysmalls

"I sense that some of our newer passengers may be nervous due to the sudden turbulence. Please be seated, this is simply a normal part of the periodic ride.
    I didn't say we'll get to the destination, but until Alex comes out a says what a complete waste of carbon DLR is, we're still climbing, so strap yourselves in.
    Those of you who have been on this ride before, the hottie in the mini will be around shortly with your drinks......." Red

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

10.15.19 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 9,104 Times in 6,546 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    What I'm saying is eventually the rumors that he is sick are going to either have to be confirmed or denied. And a no comment is as good as a confirmation.
    I used to get sympathy posts on FB etc. when one of those "EVH is dead" hoaxes made the rounds. What is the latest one, and obviously I hope it's another bunk rumor!?!?
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    I used to get sympathy posts on FB etc. when one of those "EVH is dead" hoaxes made the rounds. What is the latest one, and obviously I hope it's another bunk rumor!?!?
    Roth basically said that Ed "wasn't going to be able to answer the bell this time" and when asked about Ed's health refused to unequivocally say that he was fine.

Could mean something, could mean nothing. A simple statement from Ed's camp could put a stop to this, the longer they refuse to issue a statement the more likely it us that there's something to it IMO.