Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

02.22.20 @ 10:53 PM
    Liked 2,827 Times in 1,315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    You could’ve given it to your nearest homeless person. You maybe have plenty of deliscious Corona. BTW, Corona kinda sucks. High schooler beer. You want quality Mexican brew, you get Tecate.

So that’ll be a pass on the Fools wager. Lol.
    Haha- Love & hate you at the same time you smartass fuck catching that delisious spelling error... haha....

( my phone somehow has been inadvertantley changed to French recently....you know...the Google thingy that helps complete the words as you type them....& I haven't rectified it yet....kind of a chore....but yeah....I guess I relied on it and should fix it soon..)

But that was part of my point making the comment in the first place....there were NO homeless around at all in the vicinity....irony being it was one of THE main hotspots....so thats what I was saying in my post before....being that I kinda felt guilty finding it & perplexed why no one was around at the time....if one of them was there I would've definetly given it to them....it would've made me happy....to brighten someones day....but there was no one there at all.....

Which is the point of my post....being perplexed as to why this happened....I was just walking the dogs as usual....found $10 & ultimatley end up feeling guilty for whatever reason....

Just the sheer irony is what strikes me the most.....it being a hotspot for poverty....poor folks all over....& not one single one of them there to find the $10 bill on the ground....

How could the spiritual enviornment & mere assumingly consequential nature of divine coincidence of the universe put myself while walking the dogs in the path of noticing a purple piece of currency on the ground that has been frequently passed by regularly by those in dire straights who would probably hit the moon to find a $10 bill.

I know....anyone who reads this would probably say I'm reading way too much into it. Probably say no big deal you found $10 be happy forget about it giddy up.

BUT- This IS only today's incident.....it's happened before....numerous times....and recently....within the past 6 months or so....I always seem to find $10 or $5 bills on a regular basis. 4 times in the past 3 months. Also Bic Lighters. Assume they are dead but nope. They work fine.

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

02.22.20 @ 10:53 PM
    Liked 2,827 Times in 1,315 Posts

Oh yeah that was another thing I wanted to post about....ADKOT 2012

WTF is the deal with ADKOT I have no idea. I myself cant even really honestly pick a tune that should be played live but at the same time almost feel blue about it not seemingly having a huge appetite of inclusion.

Stay Frosty....yes.....but really....more out of curiousity & the idea of performing something new & different

Shes The Woman & Chinatown- Totally played to death into the ground past 2 tours

Several other tunes...but do they take precedance above the older stuff.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 09:38 AM
    Liked 2,661 Times in 1,634 Posts

Stay Frosty
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 10:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 35 Posts

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

02.25.20 @ 07:45 AM
    Liked 11,682 Times in 6,458 Posts

Premium Member

Never heard of it, but the comments section doesn't seem to care for any of the bands on the bill.
    Last edited by Number 47; 01.28.20 at 10:08 AM.

7. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 965 Times in 516 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post

Never heard of it, but the comments section doesn't seem to care for any of the bands on the bill.
    Roth seems terribly out of place on that bill, but good for him. Show those younguns what good classic rock is.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 19,977 Times in 11,481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pacfanweb View Post
    Roth seems terribly out of place on that bill, but good for him. Show those younguns what good classic rock is.
    Looking at the bill it seems everyone is. Might as well throw Andrea Bocelli in there too.

Did they just pick names out of a hat?
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 04:28 PM
    Liked 486 Times in 290 Posts

Must be following that BOB radio template. "Best of the best" tapping into all genres. I wonder how many stages will be going at once.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 288 Times in 169 Posts

My daughter went to Firefly a couple of times - DLR will be the oldest cat at the venue. It's a huge event, but 99% will not have heard of Dave or VH. I think that Billie introducing him (haha) would be the only way he'll get a sizeable audience there. There are multiple stages and concurrent concerts all day, so now worried that Dave will be a low draw or kids may want to go to the oxygen bar or to back to their tents for a nap while he's on.

Hope I'm wrong, but...obviously...this won't be like the US Festival for Dave.
    1981 - Lexington
    1982 - Louisville
    1983 - Lexington
    1984 - Lexington and Cincinnati
    1988 - Lexington
    1994 - Cleveland
    2007 - Indianapolis
    2012 - Washington, DC and Nashville
    2015 - Bristow, VA

Last Online

02.25.20 @ 08:34 AM
    Liked 792 Times in 368 Posts

Anybody going to Manchvegas on Saturday for the kickoff of the KISS/DLR tour?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 2,447 Times in 1,391 Posts

Billie Eilish can hear some VH tunes live this way.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 2,447 Times in 1,391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    David put up a new post on the official FB page asking the fan's " what 3 songs do you want to hear"...

( Thought maybe it would be a good idea for someone to start a new seperate thread about it in the DLR forum section. )

Of course there's zillions of answers. Too many to scroll through, but many I noticed seemed kinda unrealistic. Obscure solo tunes & other's were tunes they do anyways. ( Jump, RWTD, Panama, etc. )

Keep in mind Wolf made the same kinda post prior to the 2015 tour & that setlist was full of unexpected surprises. So it might not be a bad idea to participate.

I was also surprised to see the comment section seemed completely devoid of trolls. So far as I could see. Only scrolled 20 or 30 comments out of 600. Maybe they have someone deleting those comments.

Anyhoo- When I first found out Al Estrada was the new gunslinger I Googled & this EVH Gear clip of him playing Fools was the first thing I saw. It is older & already has zillions of views so many of you probably already saw it but it was new to me before they started out. I'm not a guitarist so never watch the guitar clips but was curious who he is & was quite pleased to hear this demo clip. It's a great introduction.

So- Just need 100 or so fan's to go to the official page & tell them to play Fools. Between now & the March Vegas dates it's not outside the bounds of reality that they might notice Fools popping up as a recomendation & then play it.

It would be killer.

He's even holding his pick between his thumb and and middle finger, just like Eddie.
    Little Dreamer

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1 & 1984 & ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

In a simple rhyme
    Last Online

02.23.20 @ 11:41 PM
    Liked 298 Times in 138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DressedinRags View Post
    My daughter went to Firefly a couple of times - DLR will be the oldest cat at the venue. It's a huge event, but 99% will not have heard of Dave or VH. I think that Billie introducing him (haha) would be the only way he'll get a sizeable audience there. There are multiple stages and concurrent concerts all day, so now worried that Dave will be a low draw or kids may want to go to the oxygen bar or to back to their tents for a nap while he's on.

Hope I'm wrong, but...obviously...this won't be like the US Festival for Dave.

Yeah... I don't think anything will be like the US Festival again, however don't forget DLR/VH did have a bit of exposure to this age group with the JUMP remix single last summer.

So at least there is that to piggyback off of.

Cheers,
    mrC (",)b
    *Follow my ubiquitous audio/video/composing/production mishaps, with & without The OBViOUS ... often resulting in hilarious musical consequnces:

http://www.facebook.com/mrChristopherTV
    http://www.facebook.com/theobviouscom

٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 288 Times in 169 Posts

Just hit me what a monster year this is for Dave. Busy guy. Hope he's doing something to rest the pipes between gigs.
    1981 - Lexington
    1982 - Louisville
    1983 - Lexington
    1984 - Lexington and Cincinnati
    1988 - Lexington
    1994 - Cleveland
    2007 - Indianapolis
    2012 - Washington, DC and Nashville
    2015 - Bristow, VA

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 7,006 Times in 3,662 Posts

That festival seems to be an odd fit. Would be cool if Dave joined The Struts if or when they do Dancing in the Street.

20. The Following Member Likes This Post: