Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

E W S
    Last Online

12.11.19 @ 04:56 PM
    Liked 2,266 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    Rudolph is not innocent in all of this, but he's playing the victim pretty well. He was stupid to rush at an incensed man wielding a helmet and being swarmed by opposing players. I think the indefinite suspension on Garrett was too harsh. A 4 game ban and a hefty fine would have been sufficient.
    What I'd like to see is all of the footage the NFL and the network has starting with the snap to all through the mele. And, all of the sound, the hot mics that may have been pointed in their direction. Things happened very fast. Some groin kicks, etc.

In the Thats Good Sports video I posted above, the guy says that the NFL should handle this like the MMA: A one game suspension, then, the rematch.
    "The VH Universe is built on a wall that separates CVH from SVH. Tell either side there's no wall, you've bought a war. Or a slaughter." Lt. Joshi - LAPD

Last Online

12.03.19 @ 12:30 PM
    Liked 203 Times in 140 Posts

Premium Member

Rudolph is not innocent in all of this, but he's playing the victim pretty well. He was stupid to rush at an incensed man wielding a helmet and being swarmed by opposing players. I think the indefinite suspension on Garrett was too harsh. A 4 game ban and a hefty fine would have been sufficient.
    I agree with you on The Rudolph part.
    Rudolph was extremely frustrated being tackled by Garrett way too late (after that game I would be frustrated in his place as well) and his temper got the best of him. So, together with the late tackle, both those issues lit the fire. Pretty sure he won't be pressing for any charges against Garrett. He would be well advsised to keep the focus on Garrett.

But, in the end, it was Garrett who did the clubbing.

Let's hope in two weeks that tempers have cooled and the game is not hyped too much. Ratings will surely go up during the rematch, increasing the pressure on the players of both teams.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.19 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 26,967 Times in 13,611 Posts

I had no problem with the socks, as they were relevant to the issue, but the Castro shirt was unnecessary.

I would sign him in a heartbeat. If I owned the Dolphins, Buccaneers, Broncos, Bengals, or Redskins he would be starting by Week 13.
    Fuck that guy, I wouldn't let him wash my car.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

It was a late take down by Garrett in a decided game in the final seconds. Guys give each other push and shoves all the time, grab each other by the face masks, etc.

That is an acceptable part of the emotions of the game.

Taking a helmet and clubbing someone over the head with it...no excuse. Don't care if Rudolph called him the N word, simply can't have it.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.11.19 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 6,721 Times in 3,498 Posts

Going to be coming into this with biased glasses on. I am aware of this so probably won't be well received.

Precedent was three games for swinging a helmet at a person and didn't happen that long ago. However Garrett connected so if it was 6 or longer, understand. What he did is inexcusable. I do think indefinite is a bit harsh but simply say "you are done for 2019" is fine. I also view this as hypocrisy. A player outside of a game can beat up a woman and maybe get 8 games like Kareem Hunt. That's a less fine than this.

That said Rudolph should have gotten at least 1 game. He started the fight for one going after Myles' helmet. Then kicked him in a groin and then grabbed his junk. This doesn't mean he deserved to have his helmet ripped off to get smacked around like Samson with the jawbone of an ass. However in the waning seconds of a game, he helped create this mess. He deserved something.

My initial thoughts are that the Steelers are Roger's darlings. They have skated away with very little punishment over the years for shit that has happened on the field. If he suspended Rudolph then that lessens the chance for them with a wild card or possibly catching Baltimore. Plus there is the threat of legal action. EVERYBODY involved should have gotten suspended because this happened in the waning seconds of the game. Still don't know why Tomlin was calling pass plays with 10 seconds but that is another thing. Anyway had Rudolph been playing for the Bengals, he would have been suspended. The Dolphins, suspended. The Steelers, well he gets to play the victim.

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

E W S
    Last Online

Garrett should be suspended permanently from the league.

Now, onto Myles, he should be suspended through the rest of the season, at a minimum. He took bad behavior to the next level.
    "The VH Universe is built on a wall that separates CVH from SVH. Tell either side there's no wall, you've bought a war. Or a slaughter." Lt. Joshi - LAPD

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

E W S
    Last Online

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.11.19 @ 01:45 PM
    Liked 1,759 Times in 1,163 Posts

Premium Member

Yeah, looks like Kap has an agenda and it's not about playing football. Wants/needs a platform. And wants it on his terms.

Don't often agree with Smith, but . . . .
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    I rarely agree with Stephen A Smith, but I agree 100% with him here.

Kaepernick is a douche...good riddance.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Lamar Jackson has become appointment television.

13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.19 @ 04:50 PM
    Liked 16,975 Times in 7,490 Posts

You know I think the Ravens are the best team in football.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.19 @ 04:50 PM
    Liked 16,975 Times in 7,490 Posts

Default Football...you bet! 2019 NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I rarely agree with Stephen A Smith, but I agree 100% with him here.

Kaepernick is a douche...good riddance.
    Whatever heís a 32-year old quarterback who isnít that good, and never was that good. Hopefully weíll be done hearing about him.

And there are lots of black journalists condemning his behavior the last few days. Even theyíre done with him.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.19 @ 04:21 PM
    Liked 4,069 Times in 2,480 Posts

Premium Member

Ravens are hot now I hope they stay healthy . The defense is maturing and gelling. Wish it was January.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.03.19 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 323 Times in 210 Posts

Premium Member

So glad my Vikes showed up in the second half. Cousins has answered the bell since he got called out earlier in the season.

Baltimore is a team to be reckoned with this year. That defense is awesome for sure, but Lamar Jackson just keeps spiking the ball in his critics asses.

Kap: I believe in his initial cause. I think he's better than most backups and some starters in the NFL, right now. I have questions about the waiver the NFL wanted him to sign. That aside, the Kunte Kinte shirt and his comments were just stupid. If there was something fishy with the NFL waiver, then he should have had his lawyers go public explaining why he could not sign it. Do I think the NFL's workout was a PR stunt? Absolutely. Do I think Kap handled it well? Not at all. Both sides want to control the narrative. It's a test of wills and, per usual, THE MAN will win. He's just made it too easy for them to win.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.11.19 @ 05:06 PM
    Liked 24,952 Times in 14,173 Posts

So glad my Vikes showed up in the second half. Cousins has answered the bell since he got called out earlier in the season.

Baltimore is a team to be reckoned with this year. That defense is awesome for sure, but Lamar Jackson just keeps spiking the ball in his critics asses.

Kap: I believe in his initial cause. I think he's better than most backups and some starters in the NFL, right now. I have questions about the waiver the NFL wanted him to sign. That aside, the Kunte Kinte shirt and his comments were just stupid. If there was something fishy with the NFL waiver, then he should have had his lawyers go public explaining why he could not sign it. Do I think the NFL's workout was a PR stunt? Absolutely. Do I think Kap handled it well? Not at all. Both sides want to control the narrative. It's a test of wills and, per usual, THE MAN will win. He's just made it too easy for them to win.
    As JD pointed out in another thread, Kaepernick simply isn't worth the aggravation. He is not good enough to justify the baggage he would bring. Employers will tolerate a pain in the ass employee if "the juice is worth the squeeze." Kaepernick is not.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

20. The Following 3 Members Like This Post: