Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

08.16.19 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 16,069 Times in 8,442 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    True, but I can't see Ed going out on the road without him at this point. And I travel a lot for work, I get it, it sucks.
    I think there's something to be said for this.

I'm guessing that the thought of touring and all that goes with it is probably not that appealing to the brothers anymore. I'm guessing if they could just show up and play they probably would but they don't strike me as the kind of guys who enjoy the grind and hassles of touring outside of the actual gig itself. Traveling, soundchecking, and being away from home when you don't have to be because you don't need the money is probably a tough sell.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

08.16.19 @ 10:27 PM
    Liked 8,963 Times in 6,434 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Sadly, I think the biggest fans of Van Halen proper are Dave, Mike and Sam, not the guys the band is actually named after.
    You're not wrong, IMO.
    I do think some of the (wishful thinking?) posts about Wolf opening, Mike coming back etc. are theoretically possible if the Son convinced the Dad to do it. I also obviously hope that in addition to Mike, Wolf would get his Pop to bring Sammy back in some capacity, again, for the fans of the band. The whole band.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

08.16.19 @ 06:52 PM
    Liked 1,581 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    You're not wrong, IMO.
    I do think some of the (wishful thinking?) posts about Wolf opening, Mike coming back etc. are theoretically possible if the Son convinced the Dad to do it. I also obviously hope that in addition to Mike, Wolf would get his Pop to bring Sammy back in some capacity, again, for the fans of the band. The whole band.
    BOBW Tour would be the best case scenario.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

08.16.19 @ 10:27 PM
    Liked 8,963 Times in 6,434 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    BOBW Tour would be the best case scenario.
    Totally agree!
    There's been a LOT of chatter about such a tour lately, on various online forums. I hope both Wolf and Janie give Ed's head a good shake...
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained..
    Last Online

08.10.19 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 494 Times in 191 Posts

So...was Dave saying his mom was banging a high school kid? That was....bizarre.
    ...Zero Discipline

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

07.14.19 @ 09:50 PM
    Liked 4,099 Times in 2,562 Posts

Believe what you want. But why would VH want to go out on tour with Mike??
    The tours have been, gradually, dwindling in sales. They need something new to draw fans in. Mike fits that need.
    Since they won't make records or release old stuff....this is the easiest way out.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 04:35 AM
    Liked 25,972 Times in 13,105 Posts

Premium Member

If you aren't going to release material, the best way to promote a nostalgia tour is to add in more nostalgia.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    The tours have been, gradually, dwindling in sales. They need something new to draw fans in. Mike fits that need.
    Since they won't make records or release old stuff....this is the easiest way out.
    Yeah and that is pathetic imo.

After firing him without even telling him and trying to erase him from the band’s history as well as trashing his abilities and contributions to the band. Now they need a gimmick and they need to crawl back to Mike?

Hard pass for this fan.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 02:52 AM
    Liked 17,674 Times in 10,022 Posts

Premium Member

Not for Mike apparently.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 03:45 AM
    Liked 11,331 Times in 6,334 Posts

I can't imagine anyone who actually considers themselves a VH fan passing on a full reunion for reasons outside of financial.

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I can't imagine anyone who actually considers themselves a VH fan passing on a full reunion for reasons outside of financial.
    Full reunion means Hagar.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

PS - thatís not my era.

I donít have nostalgia for it.

And the fact that it would be only about money makes it an easy pass for me.

Supporting another tour where they ignore my era existed isnít really exciting to me.

Hope you guys get it though.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

So you should get it when those that don't have nostalgia for "your era" post that they'll take a pass, right?

NEWSFLASH: Any tour is about money, not being good buddies and swapping recipes. Ask Azoff.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Full reunion means Hagar.
    But this isn't a Van Hagar thread so obviously Mike was staying on point in his post.

20. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

08.16.19 @ 12:28 PM
    Liked 1,772 Times in 755 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I like Mike Anthony as much as the next guy. But he would have probably less than a 2% affect on ticket sales. The general public that goes to these shows does not really know or care who is playing bass. Any more than they know who is playing bass for Journey, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Styx, Cheap Trick, etc... Most of them don't even know what the fuck a bass is. Sure it would be cool as fuck for us TRUE hardcore VH fans, but we only make up that 2% of the ticket buying public. The other 98% go to hear "The Hits!" and post pics from the show on facebook to impress their "friends"

You also aren't getting a 2 hour show out of Hagar era only songs. And Eddie and Al aren't going to play a bunch of Sammy solo songs, Montrose covers, Zeppelin covers to fill out a 2 hour set list.
    ~E
    Last edited by EJC; 07.12.19 at 06:35 AM.

22. The Following 3 Members Like This Post: