Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 09:38 AM
    Liked 19,977 Times in 11,481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mike zack View Post
    No way The Circle put a break in there tour on purpose if Mike didn't think this was a legit thing going on.
    Exactly. Mikey is not going to open his mouth about it either if it wasn't in the cards. The idea that any management would go that far without telling their client is crazy also.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 07:49 PM
    Liked 872 Times in 414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Exactly. Mikey is not going to open his mouth about it either if it wasn't in the cards. The idea that any management would go that far without telling their client is crazy also.
    The one thing that concerns me is Mike said he hasn't talked to Ed and Al. If I were him I'd have a serious sit down with them before putting a break on a tour I'm already committed to.
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

The one thing that concerns me is Mike said he hasn't talked to Ed and Al. If I were him I'd have a serious sit down with them before putting a break on a tour I'm already committed to.
    I think maybe after contracts were signed that would happen. But I don't think Ed has any interest in being anything other than business partners with Mike.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

09.18.19 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,583 Times in 1,068 Posts

No way The Circle put a break in there tour on purpose if Mike didn't think this was a legit thing going on.
    Sammy put the break in the tour for Mike.

Mike never spoke to anyone past managers and he spoke to them once. They never called back other than Roth’s manager floating a reunion tour scenario.

Believe what you want. But why would VH want to go out on tour with Mike??

Don’t say because the fans. VH don’t give AF about us or what we want.
    Last edited by VH1988; 07.11.19 at 07:35 AM.

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Exactly.

There was no such tour.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

So Mike made it up?

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Mike didn’t make anything up but this so called tour didn’t even get past an initial phone call and not one band member has commented on it since.

But yeah they’ll be headlining stadiums soon.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

They don't comment on anything. Mike is neither an idiot or a liar, something firm enough for him to be talking like this happened.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 09:10 AM
    Liked 25,714 Times in 14,614 Posts

Van Halen changes plans like Elizabeth Taylor changed husbands and Taylor Swift changes boyfriends.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Yes of course these conversations happened.

But I think it was pretty silly for Sammy and Mike to halt their tour plans based on one conversation with management.

Mike stated that this was in October. He never heard from Azoff again. The next time he heard anything it was Dave’s manager in January. After that, nothing.

I think Azoff wants a big final tour and obviously Roth is pushing.

But for all we know Ed/Al caught whiff of it and shut it all down. Simple as that.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Liked 12,410 Times in 6,981 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    Yes of course these conversations happened.

But I think it was pretty silly for Sammy and Mike to halt their tour plans based on one conversation with management.

Mike stated that this was in October. He never heard from Azoff again. The next time he heard anything it was Dave’s manager in January. After that, nothing.

I think Azoff wants a big final tour and obviously Roth is pushing.

But for all we know Ed/Al caught whiff of it and shut it all down. Simple as that.
    I don't believe you're fairly recapping the situation. While he said he never spoke to them again, he said he handed it over to his manager to handle after those talks. There may have been a lot more conversation (I'm guessing there was).

14. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

And again, all of this would not be going on without Ed & Al knowing.
    That’s just bad business practice and Azoff isn’t stupid.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I don't believe you're fairly recapping the situation. While he said he never spoke to them again, he said he handed it over to his manager to handle after those talks. There may have been a lot more conversation (I'm guessing there was).
    If he did than you’re correct.

I still don’t see Ed wanting Mike to be there over Wolf unless Wolf told him to.

And from what I can tell of Wolf he doesn’t seem to be that cool. I might be wrong.

I’d obviously like Sammy back if VH does something but at this point I’m leaning in favor of him not being in that band. These guys hate each other. It would be so fake and cash grabby and the quality wouldn’t be what it once was.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 09:10 AM
    Liked 25,714 Times in 14,614 Posts

I still don’t see Ed wanting Mike to be there over Wolf unless Wolf told him to.

And from what I can tell of Wolf he doesn’t seem to be that cool. I might be wrong.

I’d obviously like Sammy back if VH does something but at this point I’m leaning in favor of him not being in that band. These guys hate each other. It would be so fake and cash grabby and the quality wouldn’t be what it once was.
    I learned a long time ago that rock stars and professional athletes are co-workers and not (typically) friends.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

19. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Liked 12,410 Times in 6,981 Posts

it's called the music business for a reason