Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 87
  1. #1
    5150 NDL's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.04
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    656
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic & Summer Nights
    Last Online

    10.16.19 @ 11:19 PM
    Likes
    993
    Liked 341 Times in 191 Posts

    Default WTF Is Up WIth Wolfie?

    Ed Van Halen posts a picture on his Instagram:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzgu89-AsOt/

    The guy looks phenomenal; young, healthy, and happy.

    Great!

    But now comes Wolfie's response:

    "Happy 4th, Pop!! 🎊🎉🎈 DO SOMETHING FOR ME OR ELSE! YOU OWE ME! HOW DARE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE BUT SERVE ME!"

    We appreciate your Dad's art, Wolf; that's all there is to it. No one feels that they're owed anything.

    The kid's got a bit of an attitude.

    I'll leave it at that.
    "If only Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang had as much enthusiasm about Van Halen as Dave, Sammy and Mike do Ö " - I Coulda Hada VH

    "I don't think he owes us, and I think few if any do. What we would like is for him to release music, since he is our favorite musician. It's a wish and a hope, not a critique." - Dave's Dreidel

  2. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  3. #2
    Eruption xk319's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.10.07
    Posts
    981
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    10.19.19 @ 12:48 PM
    Likes
    1,068
    Liked 576 Times in 257 Posts

    Default

    Whiny Van Halen...gah...sorry...I mean Wolfie Van Halen seems to have taken a dangerously negative outlook on some things the past couple years. He use to be upliftingly positive during any public dialogue. It's too bad. I hope he returns to that cheery laid back guy, for him and for us.

  4. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  5. #3
    5150 NDL's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.04
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    656
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic & Summer Nights
    Last Online

    10.16.19 @ 11:19 PM
    Likes
    993
    Liked 341 Times in 191 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xk319 View Post
    Whiny Van Halen...gah...sorry...I mean Wolfie Van Halen seems to have taken a dangerously negative outlook on some things the past couple years. He use to be upliftingly positive during any public dialogue. It's too bad. I hope he returns to that cheery laid back guy, for him and for us.
    Well worded.
    "If only Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang had as much enthusiasm about Van Halen as Dave, Sammy and Mike do Ö " - I Coulda Hada VH

    "I don't think he owes us, and I think few if any do. What we would like is for him to release music, since he is our favorite musician. It's a wish and a hope, not a critique." - Dave's Dreidel

  6. #4
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    10.28.12
    Location
    Mean Street
    Posts
    7,334
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

    09.27.19 @ 08:08 PM
    Likes
    5,382
    Liked 4,111 Times in 2,567 Posts

    Default

    No fans think they are owed anything. We love the band and wish we had more stuff we grew up loving.
    Particularly, live stuff from all years. Because (and I'm not sure Wolf even knows this) VH's greatness didn't only come from awesome records, it came from being one of the greatest live acts ever! The concert was an event just like the record. That "live" aspect is not getting it's due and it hurts us.

    Not only would we love it but youngsters who don't even know VH yet would love it. Official releases of '79 Tucson, or '89 Japan could spark the next Eddie, or the next great rock band. They love the YT clips but I imagine they would love something better as well. Lots of kids on YT trying to emulate Alex, or Ed, right now. Releases like that would only gain new fans.

    More importantly it keeps VH going. Shows like this would just add to the lore of the band. And there are so many good ones. For them to be just parked on YT and not given any love, or the respect they deserve, for a band who was all about killin' it live, it's just not fitting for a band as important as VH.

  7. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  8. #5
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    48
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    73,882
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    10.20.19 @ 12:29 AM
    Likes
    2,179
    Liked 16,701 Times in 7,334 Posts

    Default

    Dude is very bitter.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

  9. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:


  10. #6
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    48
    Location
    P.F. Chang, South Korea
    Posts
    47,571
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    10.20.19 @ 05:15 AM
    Likes
    5,359
    Liked 26,433 Times in 13,332 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    You would think someone who has benefited from wealth and nepotism would be grateful, not bitter.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

  11. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:


  12. #7
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    14,971
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    10.19.19 @ 04:38 AM
    Likes
    3,875
    Liked 6,577 Times in 3,418 Posts

    Default

    Not defending him but his comments kind of fit the general mood around here at times. Therefore I am pretty sure he stalks this place and others. We are fans and some of us demand activity from Eddie Van Halen. Now there is no one size fits all profile but some here want new music. They look at Sam, Satch, Vai, Lynch etc (others around Eddie's age) who release music. Some want him to get back with Mike and/or Sam. Some want a full reunion tour with both eras. Some want the vaults to be released. Oakland. I have heard quite a few times around here he and Alex owe the fans. You know since we the fans have supported the band since whenever you got into VH. Not everybody but some and they have been vocal at various times.

    Now I think with Wolf stalking this site and others well he gets a vibe that we fans are a bit whiny and are owed. So he is having a play with that. Now is it right? No but we fans are a whiny bunch. I do disagree that we don't expect anything. I have been here since about 2003 or 4 and yes some fans are very vocal that they are owed something. Not all but some and that is more than just a couple posters.

    I don't agree with Wolfgang with what he did here but obviously he sees it too. So he is lashing out like somebody his age would. He comes off whiny and petulant.


  13. #8
    Sinner's Swing! mikehunt5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.19.10
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    3,128
    Favorite VH Album

    all
    Favorite VH Song

    simple rhyme
    Last Online

    10.18.19 @ 01:57 PM
    Likes
    7,277
    Liked 1,368 Times in 609 Posts

    Default

    I used to thank Wolf for bringing back the Mighty =VH= .
    But lately he sounded more like an entitled , whiney , little asshat .
    Just my 2Ę ...
    Carry on...

    GET READY TO GET READY...
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED

  14. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  15. #9
    Banned! VH1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.07.07
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,773
    Favorite VH Album

    1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

    5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

    09.18.19 @ 03:37 PM
    Likes
    2,568
    Liked 1,584 Times in 1,068 Posts

    Default

    The kid is a total douchebag.

    He knows the rumors.

    We can argue singers all day but thereís not one fan who prefers him over Mike. And he knows it.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/WolfVanHa...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

  16. #10
    Atomic Punk Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    47
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    10,421
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    10.19.19 @ 08:20 PM
    Likes
    2,331
    Liked 2,278 Times in 1,277 Posts

    Default

    It was really Ed's job to raise him right and tell him: "All this wealth you see around you, we owe it to the fans. There's only one way to respond, by being grateful."

    He didn't do that, so I lay the blame at Ed's feet. His "late era" negativity has spread to his son.
    Little Dreamer

  17. #11
    Eruption Model Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    931
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained..
    Last Online

    10.19.19 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    333
    Liked 505 Times in 197 Posts

    Default

    He’s trolling. You guys think he’s being serious? LOL
    ...Zero Discipline

  18. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:


  19. #12
    Eruption Model Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    931
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained..
    Last Online

    10.19.19 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    333
    Liked 505 Times in 197 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Not defending him but his comments kind of fit the general mood around here at times. Therefore I am pretty sure he stalks this place and others. We are fans and some of us demand activity from Eddie Van Halen. Now there is no one size fits all profile but some here want new music. They look at Sam, Satch, Vai, Lynch etc (others around Eddie's age) who release music. Some want him to get back with Mike and/or Sam. Some want a full reunion tour with both eras. Some want the vaults to be released. Oakland. I have heard quite a few times around here he and Alex owe the fans. You know since we the fans have supported the band since whenever you got into VH. Not everybody but some and they have been vocal at various times.

    Now I think with Wolf stalking this site and others well he gets a vibe that we fans are a bit whiny and are owed. So he is having a play with that. Now is it right? No but we fans are a whiny bunch. I do disagree that we don't expect anything. I have been here since about 2003 or 4 and yes some fans are very vocal that they are owed something. Not all but some and that is more than just a couple posters.

    I don't agree with Wolfgang with what he did here but obviously he sees it too. So he is lashing out like somebody his age would. He comes off whiny and petulant.
    I don’t think the fans are expecting anything. Just hopeful for more material and/or finishing things the right way.
    ...Zero Discipline

  20. #13
    Sinner's Swing! Rokgtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.14.99
    Posts
    3,752
    Last Online

    10.20.19 @ 07:47 AM
    Likes
    1,389
    Liked 1,781 Times in 885 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    I don’t think the fans are expecting anything. Just hopeful for more material and/or finishing things the right way.
    There are some that are worse than others. And it’s not necessarily on this site.

  21. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  22. #14
    Atomic Punk edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.12.01
    Age
    61
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,659
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    10.20.19 @ 08:59 AM
    Likes
    7,292
    Liked 3,945 Times in 2,403 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    I think his says shit like that then waits for it to hit the fan here. I mean what else do you do when your making an album for 5 years? Or laying pipe with the hot girlfriend? He loves us Angry Birds.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

  23. #15
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    16,862
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    10.20.19 @ 07:39 AM
    Likes
    26,773
    Liked 16,719 Times in 8,801 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    It was really Ed's job to raise him right and tell him: "All this wealth you see around you, we owe it to the fans. There's only one way to respond, by being grateful."

    He didn't do that, so I lay the blame at Ed's feet. His "late era" negativity has spread to his son.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Will Wolfie Do Any PR?
    By ravid dee loth in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01.18.12, 07:32 AM
  2. Wolfie.....
    By bullitt in forum 2007 Van Halen Tour
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11.13.07, 06:46 PM
  3. If Wolfie can't cut it......?
    By muffdiver in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01.12.07, 08:51 AM
  4. Wolfie and Val
    By siranthony in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10.28.06, 02:08 AM
  5. 316 with wolfie ...
    By No Bozo's in forum Van Halen 101
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12.22.00, 03:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •