Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 87
  1. #16
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    45
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    41,992
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.09.19 @ 08:24 AM
    Likes
    2,424
    Liked 11,929 Times in 6,692 Posts

    Default

    i have little issue with him reacting to tweets aimed at him. This was just dumb though. He's just being a troll.

  2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  3. #17
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    11.05.14
    Posts
    2,610
    Last Online

    12.09.19 @ 03:56 AM
    Likes
    1,220
    Liked 2,955 Times in 1,407 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    i have little issue with him reacting to tweets aimed at him. This was just dumb though. He's just being a troll.
    I agree, I don’t mind him lashing out when someone goes negative on him, but this just seemed like “hey here’s an opportunity for me to be snotty and show all those “fans”

    People get internet brave and say stupid things, Wolf included. But lashing out at people that are just asking for more, well that’s fans. It’s also supply and demand, without those people having the thirst
    There are no albums
    No concerts
    No merch
    No house
    No cars
    No studio

    In short, the people he’s lashing out at are responsible for the material things in his life and his career

    So return fire when fired upon, but other than that show some humility, be humble and thankful




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:


  5. #18
    Atomic Punk RRvh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.13.11
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o!
    Posts
    21,078
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    12.09.19 @ 02:03 AM
    Likes
    8,194
    Liked 9,212 Times in 6,628 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    I agree, I don’t mind him lashing out when someone goes negative on him, but this just seemed like “hey here’s an opportunity for me to be snotty and show all those “fans”

    People get internet brave and say stupid things, Wolf included. But lashing out at people that are just asking for more, well that’s fans. It’s also supply and demand, without those people having the thirst
    There are no albums
    No concerts
    No merch
    No house
    No cars
    No studio

    In short, the people he’s lashing out at are responsible for the material things in his life and his career

    So return fire when fired upon, but other than that show some humility, be humble and thankful




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This goes with something I said before; Ed (for example) likes to tinker in his studio and drive his Lamborghinis.... Who does he think paid for all that? The fans...
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

  6. #19
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    42,438
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    12.09.19 @ 08:22 AM
    Likes
    19,180
    Liked 24,914 Times in 14,153 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    It was really Ed's job to raise him right and tell him: "All this wealth you see around you, we owe it to the fans. There's only one way to respond, by being grateful."

    He didn't do that, so I lay the blame at Ed's feet. His "late era" negativity has spread to his son.
    Why would Ed tell Wolf something that he himself doesn't seem to believe?
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  7. #20
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    05.07.04
    Location
    Over Macho Grande
    Posts
    3,514
    Last Online

    12.09.19 @ 05:34 AM
    Likes
    254
    Liked 473 Times in 318 Posts

    Default

    Exactly..he's probably been hearing this from Ed his adult life
    Dealing with it.

  8. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  9. #21
    Eruption KS 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.07.07
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    786
    Favorite VH Album

    1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

    12.08.19 @ 03:00 PM
    Likes
    1,199
    Liked 455 Times in 260 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    When I saw that post, I noticed a bunch of comments that said "Call Sammy", call Sam & Mike", "Roth sucks", "get back together with Sammy", "Call Sammy" again. I'm sure that would be grating if all you are doing is posting a current picture, imho. Also the kids a millennial
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

  10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  11. #22
    Atomic Punk japeape's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.05.15
    Posts
    14,091
    Favorite VH Album

    II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    12.08.19 @ 08:55 PM
    Likes
    8,523
    Liked 12,618 Times in 6,913 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    When I saw that post, I noticed a bunch of comments that said "Call Sammy", call Sam & Mike", "Roth sucks", "get back together with Sammy", "Call Sammy" again. I'm sure that would be grating if all you are doing is posting a current picture, imho. Also the kids a millennial
    Yeah, those comments would annoy me, as well, if i were Eddie.

    First of all, he's not gonna scroll through his comments and be like:
    Wow, this guy Greg says i'm his favorite guitarist for over thirteen years...
    But looks like he thinks i should give Sammy a call...
    Can't let Greg down, gotta do it.

    Wolf may be a bit annoying, but the fans are equally grating.
    Eddie doesn't care that you like his playing & want Sammy back.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

  12. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:


  13. #23
    Atomic Punk JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    46
    Posts
    14,654
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    12.09.19 @ 05:59 AM
    Likes
    49,351
    Liked 14,184 Times in 7,717 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    The kid is a total douchebag.

    He knows the rumors.

    We can argue singers all day but there’s not one fan who prefers him over Mike. And he knows it.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/WolfVanHa...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

  14. #24
    Atomic Punk JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    46
    Posts
    14,654
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    12.09.19 @ 05:59 AM
    Likes
    49,351
    Liked 14,184 Times in 7,717 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    Yeah, those comments would annoy me, as well, if i were Eddie.

    First of all, he's not gonna scroll through his comments and be like:
    Wow, this guy Greg says i'm his favorite guitarist for over thirteen years...
    But looks like he thinks i should give Sammy a call...
    Can't let Greg down, gotta do it.

    Wolf may be a bit annoying, but the fans are equally grating.
    Eddie doesn't care that you like his playing & want Sammy back.
    Especially when Sam cant shut his big yapper. Some just need to let it go. Go see a Circle show.

  15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  16. #25
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    17,473
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    12.09.19 @ 08:12 AM
    Likes
    27,471
    Liked 17,226 Times in 9,097 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    This idea that the fans are solely responsible for Ed's wealth and therefore have a right to act like douchebags on the internet is preposterous.

    Ed created music with Dave, Mike, Al, and Sam that people wanted to hear. You paid for the album and bought a concert ticket. To somehow think that entitles you to claim that your responsible for his success is utter bullshit.

    No wonder the guy doesn't have any use for his supposed "fans."
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  17. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:


  18. #26
    5150 NDL's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.04
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    675
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic & Summer Nights
    Last Online

    12.04.19 @ 11:03 PM
    Likes
    1,054
    Liked 354 Times in 200 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Not defending him but his comments kind of fit the general mood around here at times. Therefore I am pretty sure he stalks this place and others. We are fans and some of us demand activity from Eddie Van Halen.
    I suppose that I have been more vocal than most, about wanting to hear new Van Halen music.

    I love the art that the band produces; for me, it's not a matter of having something new to listen to on the radio, or having a concert to attend. I love their work, which I see as timeless.

    Moreover, as others have expressed, I also would like to see the band "close" in a way that's honors their legacy.

    That said, here's my issue with Van Halen's bassist:

    He's not the first artist to feel the way that he does; Ann Wilson confessed struggling with similar feelings, and I am sure that others have as well. In Ann's case, however, she realized that she wouldn't have a stage to perform on, if it weren't for the fans who put her there.

    In Wolf's case, he squawks more than most, for a position that was literally handed him.

    Sorry...I don't take kindly to his ongoing, lousy, attitude, when the majority of us have done nothing but praise his abilities.
    "If only Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang had as much enthusiasm about Van Halen as Dave, Sammy and Mike do … " - I Coulda Hada VH

    "I don't think he owes us, and I think few if any do. What we would like is for him to release music, since he is our favorite musician. It's a wish and a hope, not a critique." - Dave's Dreidel

  19. #27
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    05.30.04
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    77
    Last Online

    07.07.19 @ 01:18 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 31 Times in 7 Posts

    Default Guys....

    Wolfe was kidding!!! Geez, get a grip..

  20. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  21. #28
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    48
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    74,269
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.09.19 @ 08:20 AM
    Likes
    2,231
    Liked 16,953 Times in 7,477 Posts

    Default WTF Is Up WIth Wolfie?

    The band doesn’t owe the fans anything. But Wolf needs to dial back the snark. I guess some think he’s kidding. Ok but it isn’t even really funny. It’s just stupid.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

  22. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  23. #29
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    05.30.04
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    77
    Last Online

    07.07.19 @ 01:18 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 31 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Hi Brett. Hope all is well brother. Wolf's post was just a joke. Cheers man!

  24. #30
    Atomic Punk JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    46
    Posts
    14,654
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    12.09.19 @ 05:59 AM
    Likes
    49,351
    Liked 14,184 Times in 7,717 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    This idea that the fans are solely responsible for Ed's wealth and therefore have a right to act like douchebags on the internet is preposterous.

    Ed created music with Dave, Mike, Al, and Sam that people wanted to hear. You paid for the album and bought a concert ticket. To somehow think that entitles you to claim that your responsible for his success is utter bullshit.

    No wonder the guy doesn't have any use for his supposed "fans."
    Yep it all goes hand in hand. If Ed, Al, Dave, and Mike didnt practice in Dr Roth's basement for thousands of hours, and play probably thousands of gigs in tiny clubs perfecting their stagecraft, we wouldnt have this band to be fans of.

    That said, it is a shame there aren't more releases, and that the band isnt as big a fans of their live performances on the early tours as many of us are. But that is their choice to freely make.

  25. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Will Wolfie Do Any PR?
    By ravid dee loth in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01.18.12, 08:32 AM
  2. Wolfie.....
    By bullitt in forum 2007 Van Halen Tour
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11.13.07, 07:46 PM
  3. If Wolfie can't cut it......?
    By muffdiver in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01.12.07, 09:51 AM
  4. Wolfie and Val
    By siranthony in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10.28.06, 03:08 AM
  5. 316 with wolfie ...
    By No Bozo's in forum Van Halen 101
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12.22.00, 04:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •