Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Last Online

11.14.19 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 803 Times in 389 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie5150 View Post

MSRP - $1379.30

Ebony fingerboard
    Finally!

Thanks man! We can put it to bed now. Many color options, not just a single Red version. That's what I was hoping someone would find, since I couldn't find that out for myself.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 2,132 Times in 981 Posts

If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

3. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 2,132 Times in 981 Posts

Delete...
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Last Online

12.05.19 @ 10:46 AM
    Liked 4,574 Times in 1,724 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The quilt top ebony board 5150s are gorgeous. The flat color ones are not.

They're also releasing one of the Ash bodied Wolfgangs from pre Winter NAMM

Last edited by Jedi McFly; 07.16.19 at 11:09 AM.

6. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.03.19 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 323 Times in 210 Posts

Premium Member

I love the red 5150 series. Those guitars look so much cooler than Wolfgangs.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Dreams
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 08:51 AM
    Liked 191 Times in 87 Posts

The quilt top 5150s look very much like Charvels, minus the headstock. Very curious how these sell compared to the other lines. The first non-strictly EVH offerings for EVH gear.

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Looking at the 5150s again - no contoured heel is a bummer.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Love Walks In
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    Looking at the 5150s again - no contoured heel is a bummer.
    I just noticed that too. That is a bummer. I'm guessing they will sell for $899 or $999 on Sweetwater.

Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    I just noticed that too. That is a bummer. I'm guessing they will sell for $899 or $999 on Sweetwater.
    Bingo. List price for the 5150 Deluxe is the same as the Wolfgang Specials that retail for $999. I'd guess the 5150 Standard will be $899.

Last Online

12.05.19 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 2,267 Times in 961 Posts

Premium Member

1st reaction. I don't know if I like them as much as I thought I would. Something about the matching headstock colors, and maybe the shape. I think they would look better natural, Idk. I have no need for any more guitars, but good to see EVH branching out beyond Wolfs, and Stripes...

Thanks for digging up the pics!

~E

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 17,198 Times in 9,082 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by nobozos View Post
    Yeah, the information I had was fairly incomplete, as I tried to make very clear in my post. I spoke to my friend recently and asked him if there was going to be multiple colors or just Red, and he stated just Red. Now, I don't know if that means that's all he's seen, or if that's all they're making.

I get it. There are so many people on the board who have started rumors about reunions over the years that it's easy to make sport of my speculation. That's ok. I understand it. However, I've tried to be careful not to make outrageous claims or pretend I know things that I really don't know. I've tried to qualify everything I've said with disclaimers so as not to mislead anyone. I was hoping that there was another dealer or someone with access to inside information that would have more detailed facts than I do that would spill the beans on what's going on.

Also, it's important to remember the context of my original post. What I knew at the time was that Sammy had announced that he was no longer going to tour after this year. There was buzz about a Mikey/VH reunion on tour this year. Dave had been talking about something coming up with the band, and the word was that it was going to involve a Stadium tour. Considering all of those rumors, when I had a pretty solid source telling me that there was going to be a solid red Kramer style guitar released under the EVH banner that is most identifiable with Sammy, it led me to speculate that it could mean something.

My line of logic was simply: They are all getting older. Van Halen tours very rarely. They were talking about a Stadium tour, which seemed ambitious considering how their last tour went. Mikey was being discussed. Sammy is done touring after this year. When I put all those things together with the information I came across, a reunion tour with both singers seemed like one possible explanation.

I would be the first to tell you, don't believe anything you hear about Van Halen until it happens. I would also say that you can't really believe anything couldn't happen with them. There was a time when nobody ever thought it was possible for Dave and Eddie to work together, or Sammy and Dave to coexist on a tour together, and those things happened.

I'm not saying, or even holding out hope that a reunion of this type will happen. I'm simply saying that given the information available at the time, it seemed like it could be possible.
    With all due respect, here is your post:

Warning. This is pure speculation based on something Iíve become aware of, and I have no inside information to back this up. Unfortunately, I canít say specifically what that is until after July first, but Iíll try to beat around the edges of it as much as I can.

I became aware that Eddie is going to pay tribute to Sammy Hagar in a very public and official way, without saying it.. Those who see it will know it when they do. Thatís all I can really say until Iím cleared to say more.

That led me to speculate just why he would do that. The only thing that made any sense was that Sammy would be joining them for a final tour, and that we could possibly get a Sam/Dave reunion tour that included Michael Anthony.

I know there has already been speculation on this happening, but when I found out about what EVH is going to do this summer, there would be no other reason to do it unless Sammy was a part of something.

Sorry this is so cryptic. I know it sounds like all the other bullshit posts speculating about the band, but when you actually see what Iím talking about, and the amount of money, and time it would take for Eddie to do it, there has to be some kind of commitment to Sammy.

The information Iím talking about is available to other people, but they are not supposed to officially talk about it until July, and even then, they would have to actually look at it and put it together.

It turns out that none of this was remotely true. The guitars aren't just red, they have a pickup in the neck position, and there is no "paying tribute" to Sammy in any way. They're trying to sell guitars that they couldn't offload as striped 5150 Kramers so they put in another pickup and added some additional colors.

From my POV your OP comes off a lot more than just mild speculation. Maybe it wasn't intended that way but wording matters.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Love Walks In
    Last Online

Premium Member

How different are the necks between the EVH Striped Series ant the 5150 Besides the headstock.

Last Online

11.14.19 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 803 Times in 389 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    With all due respect, here is your post:

Warning. This is pure speculation based on something I’ve become aware of, and I have no inside information to back this up. Unfortunately, I can’t say specifically what that is until after July first, but I’ll try to beat around the edges of it as much as I can.

I became aware that Eddie is going to pay tribute to Sammy Hagar in a very public and official way, without saying it.. Those who see it will know it when they do. That’s all I can really say until I’m cleared to say more.

That led me to speculate just why he would do that. The only thing that made any sense was that Sammy would be joining them for a final tour, and that we could possibly get a Sam/Dave reunion tour that included Michael Anthony.

I know there has already been speculation on this happening, but when I found out about what EVH is going to do this summer, there would be no other reason to do it unless Sammy was a part of something.

Sorry this is so cryptic. I know it sounds like all the other bullshit posts speculating about the band, but when you actually see what I’m talking about, and the amount of money, and time it would take for Eddie to do it, there has to be some kind of commitment to Sammy.

The information I’m talking about is available to other people, but they are not supposed to officially talk about it until July, and even then, they would have to actually look at it and put it together.

It turns out that none of this was remotely true. The guitars aren't just red, they have a pickup in the neck position, and there is no "paying tribute" to Sammy in any way. They're trying to sell guitars that they couldn't offload as striped 5150 Kramers so they put in another pickup and added some additional colors.

From my POV your OP comes off a lot more than just mild speculation. Maybe it wasn't intended that way but wording matters.
    Ok, that's fair. I may have been overly excited about some information that I had been given that wasn't complete. Yes, if you read that one post, it is a poor representation. However, if you were to continue to read all the other posts that I made to clarify that one, I was a little more measured.

Please keep in mind that I couldn't come out and say, "Hey guys, my music dealer friend told me that EVH is coming out with a Solid Red Kramer type guitar" at that time. I wish I could have. At that time, I was only told that much, and was asked not to say anything about specifics. In my defense, based on the bad information I was given regarding what was coming out, and my inability to mention specifics, it was the best I could come up with'
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 03:45 PM
    Liked 648 Times in 275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie5150 View Post

MSRP - $1379.30

Ebony fingerboard
    Wow! I like the blue quilt, I might have to get one.

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.05.19 @ 11:19 AM
    Liked 1,054 Times in 537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBHarris View Post
    Wow! I like the blue quilt, I might have to get one.
    Heck I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one, those are incredible.