Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 LastLast
    Last Online

01.17.20 @ 09:51 AM
    Liked 1,869 Times in 922 Posts

Premium Member

Great player - and those guitars sounds sweet! That blue burst is beautiful.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

01.17.20 @ 02:11 PM
    Liked 9,243 Times in 6,651 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rokgtar View Post
    Great player - and those guitars sounds sweet! That blue burst is beautiful.
    I love the body finish, yet not a fan of the fretboard. I prefer maple 9 times out of 10.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

01.17.20 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 174 Times in 97 Posts

[QUOTE=And for the love of God......stop matching the headstocks to the guitar please. These guitars have always looked better with either just a straight black veneer on the headstock, or the natural wood. The natural wood looks so good on these guitars and the Axis. Please stop, Fender.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Liked the Peavey headstocks a lot better. Also not a fan of the black hardware and all black pickups. Gotta be zebras and chrome.

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

01.17.20 @ 10:42 AM
    Liked 1,075 Times in 550 Posts

Any predictions/rumors of EVH gear at winter NAMM?

Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

01.17.20 @ 10:31 AM
    Liked 489 Times in 281 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaminub View Post
    I feel like they're running out of Striped Series runs that would be worth reproducing. I'm thinking just some more colours & finishes for various Wolfgang models. I just scored a 2018 MIM Wolfgang on clearout for $699 CAD on Black Friday, so I'm happy with that:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4d-F-9qm-XTdi-Jj-Us-Aq0zn-PQ.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	4646
    Last edited by KS 5150; 12.07.19 at 09:03 AM.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

01.17.20 @ 02:11 PM
    Liked 9,243 Times in 6,651 Posts

Premium Member

Rasta, please!
    Preferably one with a neck pickup as well. Single coil sized humbuckers are a thing, and colored bobbins/air brushed finishes can somewhat conceal the extra 'luggage'.

Other than that? EVH delay/harmonizer with presets. Yeah, right!?
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    I feel like they're running out of Striped Series runs that would be worth reproducing. I'm thinking just some more colours & finishes for various Wolfgang models. I just scored a 2018 MIM Wolfgang on clearout for $699 CAD on Black Friday, so I'm happy with that:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4d-F-9qm-XTdi-Jj-Us-Aq0zn-PQ.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	4646
    Cool Wolfgang! I have a couple MIM ones, they feel great!

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    Rasta, please!
    Preferably one with a neck pickup as well. Single coil sized humbuckers are a thing, and colored bobbins/air brushed finishes can somewhat conceal the extra 'luggage'.

Other than that? EVH delay/harmonizer with presets. Yeah, right!?
    That'd be interesting to see. I don't think it's marketable enough, though. Reminds me I need to take my Rasta Wolfgang out for a spin...I've been playing the "Star"gang a lot today and I actually built this killer stereo helix preset including my Eventide pitchfactor in the chain, but more on that maybe tomorrow in another thread.
    I'd LOVE to see EVH come out with a harmonizer, but Eventide's products are pretty much what they would want to produce, just smaller in scope. Heck, eventide already has harmonizer presets that are pretty damn accurate if not exact to what Eddie used on a couple songs back in the day. An H9 can do it easily. Would there be a market for a stripped down H9 unit, with EVH stripes, that only does harmonizing? Yeah, probably. Someone want to call up eventide and see if they want to partner with EVH/MXR/Fender on this?

12. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

01.17.20 @ 10:31 AM
    Liked 489 Times in 281 Posts

Premium Member

I'm blown away by the quality and how well it plays! I tried another one a few months ago, and was underwhelmed by that one. I had been dealing on Kijiji on a MIJ version, but it sold to someone else. I've been GASsing for another Wolfgang recently, after I sold my Peavey as part of the gear purge to buy my Les Paul. Took a chance & grabbed the only Wolfgang they had on sale, & it's a monster! I'd love to see pics of the ones you have...I'm also curious to see the Rasta & Star versions as well
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Here's an album link for the Star and the Rasta-gangs, with little peeks of other things in the background.

https://imgur.com/a/l2pAjjq

One of these days I'm gonna make my own thread like Rob has. I've been saying that for a year now, I think. Haha

16. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

01.16.20 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 677 Times in 285 Posts

Here's an album link for the Star and the Rasta-gangs, with little peeks of other things in the background.

One of these days I'm gonna make my own thread like Rob has. I've been saying that for a year now, I think. Haha
    Those guitars look Awesome! Nice job! I want a Rasta Wolfgang like that, very cool.

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Zero thru FW
    Favorite VH Song

One Sky Control Movies
    Last Online

01.15.20 @ 06:03 PM
    Liked 746 Times in 480 Posts

In a world of overbearing authentication and scrutinization, you came up with a very clever way to pay homage to very familiar icons. Well done!
    Didn't you have a hard tailed Sharkwolf at one time?

And that looks like an old Magnum speaker in the background there. I just got rid of a pair of those. They each had six little speakers in them, and they sounded really good. I think they were made in the U.K..

20. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Zero thru FW
    Favorite VH Song

One Sky Control Movies
    Last Online

01.15.20 @ 06:03 PM
    Liked 746 Times in 480 Posts

That'd be interesting to see. I don't think it's marketable enough, though. Reminds me I need to take my Rasta Wolfgang out for a spin...I've been playing the "Star"gang a lot today and I actually built this killer stereo helix preset including my Eventide pitchfactor in the chain, but more on that maybe tomorrow in another thread.
    I'd LOVE to see EVH come out with a harmonizer, but Eventide's products are pretty much what they would want to produce, just smaller in scope. Heck, eventide already has harmonizer presets that are pretty damn accurate if not exact to what Eddie used on a couple songs back in the day. An H9 can do it easily. Would there be a market for a stripped down H9 unit, with EVH stripes, that only does harmonizing? Yeah, probably.

Someone want to call up eventide and see if they want to partner with EVH/MXR/Fender on this?
    They would probably laugh for the better part of a minute, then shout "Go get a H9 kid!", then hang up on you, LOL!

That would be great, a EVH/Fender/Dunlop/MXR/Eventide collaboration, LOL!

22. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

01.17.20 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 640 Times in 273 Posts

damn man those are so freakin awesome. Love the striped wolfs you do dude. Amazing man. Also to your point of Eventide teaming with EVH to come out with an H9 style EVH harmonizer w d tune effect that would be totally amazing for sure. The only thing is I just dont see Ed doing that for the simple reason of..... he is just not into that tone that we all loved (90 to 95) anymore and essentially abandoned it after the Balance tour. One could argue that he did work with it during the Humans Being, CGTSNM and MWM eras and even into the Mitch Malloy fiasco but once Gary came he totally abandoned it and never came back to it. All the stuff he makes and puts out now is ALL ROTH ERA and he basically ignores the entire Sammy catalogue and tone he had in those days. So I wouldnt hold my breath for an Eventide EVH Harmonizer. We will just have to keep our Boss PS6 Harmonists and the Eventide H9s....

Rob

24. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by 5150rob View Post
    damn man those are so freakin awesome. Love the striped wolfs you do dude. Amazing man. Also to your point of Eventide teaming with EVH to come out with an H9 style EVH harmonizer w d tune effect that would be totally amazing for sure. The only thing is I just dont see Ed doing that for the simple reason of..... he is just not into that tone that we all loved (90 to 95) anymore and essentially abandoned it after the Balance tour. One could argue that he did work with it during the Humans Being, CGTSNM and MWM eras and even into the Mitch Malloy fiasco but once Gary came he totally abandoned it and never came back to it. All the stuff he makes and puts out now is ALL ROTH ERA and he basically ignores the entire Sammy catalogue and tone he had in those days. So I wouldnt hold my breath for an Eventide EVH Harmonizer. We will just have to keep our Boss PS6 Harmonists and the Eventide H9s....

Rob
    That's the thing though, I'm not even using a 90s era harmonizer sound right now. I started with the 1984 patch from Eventide and tweaked the detune and delays, and I get a magic ingredient that just thickens up the sound, and it sounds like it just came from Diver Down/1984 era. To my ears, there's a harmonizer all over the 82/83 tour and that's the sound I think I'm closest to right now. I'm not entirely convinced he's not using a detune effect on the road right now, either. The guitar world article on the 2015 tour rig says he has a Lexicon PCM70 in the rack, but doesn't go into detail on what it's doing there. I am convinced it's acting as a slight "thickening" agent that's always on. It's also the unit where the signal is split from mono to stereo, according to the article.

I still have the Shark-gang.

I think this what I have...these stripedgangs are mixed and matched parts from three different locations the specials were made MIJ/MIC/MIM (Customized based off what I had and what feel I wanted from that guitar)

2013 Black and Whitegang (with sustainor and Bill Lawrence Nuno pickup)
    Hard-tail Sharkgang ('59 paf pickups)
    Beegang (in progress) (mostly stock hardware/electronics)
    RBWgang (mostly stock hardware/electronics)
    Stargang ('84 humbuckers)
    Rudegang (mostly stock, killswitch)
    Circlesgang (in progress) (dimarzio air norton/tone zone, killswitch)
    Rastagang (mostly stock)

and for non striped,
    Locke body single coil x2 (one white seen above, one in progress set up like a Gilmour-strat)
    MIC Cherry Wolfgang x2 (One hardtail one Floyd Rose. Should probably sell one...)
    2015 Tour relic
    2012 USA Stealth with original orange peel finish

and this isn't a wolfgang but I have a yin/yang in progress too.

I wish I came up with this idea, but this has been a multi-year project my friend Chris and I have been working on. Most of it was HIS idea!

I still need to do a 5150 build. I think I'm going to use a Wolf standard body (for the contour to give it more curves), and a custom flame maple neck.

Also, I'm still lusting after a red satin wolfgang with ebony fretboard and matching headstock, preferably with block inlay fret markers, if anyone sees one!
    Last edited by Yaminub; 12.09.19 at 08:11 AM.

26. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

01.17.20 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 640 Times in 273 Posts

That's the thing though, I'm not even using a 90s era harmonizer sound right now. I started with the 1984 patch from Eventide and tweaked the detune and delays, and I get a magic ingredient that just thickens up the sound, and it sounds like it just came from Diver Down/1984 era. To my ears, there's a harmonizer all over the 82/83 tour and that's the sound I think I'm closest to right now. I'm not entirely convinced he's not using a detune effect on the road right now, either. The guitar world article on the 2015 tour rig says he has a Lexicon PCM70 in the rack, but doesn't go into detail on what it's doing there. I am convinced it's acting as a slight "thickening" agent that's always on. It's also the unit where the signal is split from mono to stereo, according to the article.

I still have the Shark-gang.

I think this what I have...these stripedgangs are mixed and matched parts from three different locations the specials were made MIJ/MIC/MIM (Customized based off what I had and what feel I wanted from that guitar)

2013 Black and Whitegang (with sustainor and Bill Lawrence Nuno pickup)
    Hard-tail Sharkgang ('59 paf pickups)
    Beegang (in progress) (mostly stock hardware/electronics)
    RBWgang (mostly stock hardware/electronics)
    Stargang ('84 humbuckers)
    Rudegang (mostly stock, killswitch)
    Circlesgang (in progress) (dimarzio air norton/tone zone, killswitch)
    Rastagang (mostly stock)

and for non striped,
    Locke body single coil x2 (one white seen above, one in progress set up like a Gilmour-strat)
    MIC Cherry Wolfgang x2 (One hardtail one Floyd Rose. Should probably sell one...)
    2015 Tour relic
    2012 USA Stealth with original orange peel finish

and this isn't a wolfgang but I have a yin/yang in progress too.

I wish I came up with this idea, but this has been a multi-year project my friend Chris and I have been working on. Most of it was HIS idea!

I still need to do a 5150 build. I think I'm going to use a Wolf standard body (for the contour to give it more curves), and a custom flame maple neck.

Also, I'm still lusting after a red satin wolfgang with ebony fretboard and matching headstock, preferably with block inlay fret markers, if anyone sees one!
    I totally agree. His sound is changing and was even a little different on the 2015 tour but...... and here is the big but..... He has NEVER, EVER reproduced that sick ass, majestic, huge, harmonized, dtuned, stereo split, WDW, processed sound he had in 92 to 95. NOTHING has ever come close to it since then. Thats what I want to hear him sound like again. Not something kinda, sorta hidden in the mix type sound but that exact sound he had back then. Crank Seventh Seal or even better listen to it on a good 95 bootleg. That is the magical sound I love. So freakin awesome and powerful

Rob

28. The Following Member Likes This Post: