Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

11.14.19 @ 06:50 PM
    Liked 9,158 Times in 6,589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EJC View Post
    So I traded one of my 6 guitars (I'm trying to get down to 3) lastnite for a 5150 III LBX Mach 1. Holy shit. This thing is insanely loud on the 15w setting. I really can't go past 9 o'clock on the dial. And I mean that's unmiked small club gigging volume through my Orange 112 cab. The Red channel has TOO much gain. Even at 25% I couldn't imagine using that much gain live. It sounds like Jake E. Lee on the Ultimate Sin album.

What an awesome little amp though. Well worth the Mexi strat I traded for it.

~E
    Hmmmmm....
    These recent praises of the LBX amps are certainly making me curious as far as checking them out.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Last Online

11.14.19 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 803 Times in 389 Posts

So I traded one of my 6 guitars (I'm trying to get down to 3) lastnite for a 5150 III LBX Mach 1. Holy shit. This thing is insanely loud on the 15w setting. I really can't go past 9 o'clock on the dial. And I mean that's unmiked small club gigging volume through my Orange 112 cab. The Red channel has TOO much gain. Even at 25% I couldn't imagine using that much gain live. It sounds like Jake E. Lee on the Ultimate Sin album.

What an awesome little amp though. Well worth the Mexi strat I traded for it.

~E
    I had a Mark I for a while and traded it for the LBX II. The MAJOR advantage is the concentric volume and gain controls, but other than that, it has a terrific clean channel and the Blue channel is perfection. The Blue channel is not like the Blue channel on the Mark I. It is more like a cross between the Blue and the Red channels. I like it much better. I tried to use the Red channel on the Mark I, but ultimately found that I preferred the Blue channel and never used the Red.

Because the clean channel on the LBX II is so good, it allowed me to run a 5150 Overdrive in front of the amp. I set up the pedal to run with single coils, and the Blue channel on the amp to run my Humbucker guitars.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Last Online

11.14.19 @ 02:52 PM
    Liked 2,177 Times in 918 Posts

Premium Member

I hear you. As this was a trade, I had to go for it. I would still prob use my Carvin V3m in a live situation, but the 5150 Mach 1, is sill gigable. I set the gain at 25%. Then I can roll off the volume on blue and get fairly clean, roll up for thick OD, and go red for leads. I guess that was the thought process. IDK. I'm a metal head. Like Pantera/Anthrax type shit. And anything over 25% gain on red seems ridiculous. I don't even know how its tweaked with that much gain.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

11.14.19 @ 11:45 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts

Is this a thread about Summer NAMM? Or Summer NAP? Lol

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

11.14.19 @ 07:32 PM
    Liked 1,804 Times in 895 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Van Halen View Post
    No worry man. Good sleep cannot be over rated. Not sleeping well dang near cost me my marriage/life early on. Dr. wants to be sure Iím not having undetected seizures. & I might be able to get off a med if itís good. A few days pita & maybe less med required. Thatís a win to me.
    How did it go, Ted?

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

11.13.19 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 2,868 Times in 1,479 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Rokgtar View Post
    How did it go, Ted?
    It gets read around the 20th so weíll know more then. Just getting it off my neck was a big plus.
    -TVH-

There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult. -Warren Buffett

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

8. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

11.14.19 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 391 Times in 231 Posts

Premium Member

Has anyone gotten a 5150 Solid colours yet? Just curious.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Last Online

11.14.19 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 4,558 Times in 1,719 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    Has anyone gotten a 5150 Solid colours yet? Just curious.
    They're not due to ship till at least September.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.19 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 92 Times in 68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    Yeah, the Satchel signature guitar is ugly (which i guess is the point).

I can't imagine a market for neon pink or green 80's guitars, with tiger stripes.
    Or playing through a pedal called the Pussy melter.

I know they have fans, but gear ain't cheap.
    Why would you buy something like that?

Nuff said!
    "If it sounds good, it is good" - Eddie Van Halen, 1981

"Don't give up, seriously. I mean if I can do it, you can do it, seroiusly" - Eddie Van Halen, 1985

"if you ever speak to me like that again, you better be wearing a cup" - EVH, 1996

"Death by Hollywood, a little too fabulous for his own good" - Edward Van Halen, 2005

Jeff Fiorentino - EVH style and tone master http://jfrocksguitarlessons.com/guitarlessons/vinheut/

Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

11.14.19 @ 03:48 PM
    Liked 1,040 Times in 529 Posts

I just got a call from Sweetwater and the 5150 Deluxe's are shipping now. I had to cancel my preorder for personal reasons, unfortunately, so I won't be getting one as planned.

Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

11.14.19 @ 03:51 AM
    Liked 633 Times in 265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yaminub View Post
    I just got a call from Sweetwater and the 5150 Deluxe's are shipping now. I had to cancel my preorder for personal reasons, unfortunately, so I won't be getting one as planned.
    The Blue Deluxe 5150 Guitar I ordered still hasnít shipped yet. Seems the solid colors have shipped but not the Deluxe models.

Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

11.14.19 @ 03:48 PM
    Liked 1,040 Times in 529 Posts

You should have it this week then? Please post pics. I planned on getting the blue. I would have if I didn't lose my job in July. Still recovering from that

Last Online

Premium Member

There's some of the Blue/ Tobacco quilts on American Musical. My days of dropping $900-$1000 on a guitar that does the exact same thing as my other guitars are over though. Resist the urge of buying something you don't need and invest for your future!

~E
    Last edited by EJC; 10.22.19 at 10:59 AM.

16. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

11.14.19 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 1,418 Times in 864 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

There's some of the Blue/ Tobacco quilts on American Musical. My days of dropping $900-$1000 on a guitar that does the exact same thing as my other guitars are over though. Resist the urge of buying something you don't need and invest for your future!

~E
    Ive got everything from a 64 Fender Strat to the 2015 EVH Wolf Standard. Two 76 Black Beauty Les Paul Customs. An 81 Ibanez Destroyer. A Jeff Beck Sig Strat that Ive played about 10 times. USA and MIJ EVH Wolfs. USA Peavey Wolfs and a USA EBMM Wolf. One of my favorites is a USA 09 Charvel HH San Dimas Strat. I keep saying I am gonna get this or that and Ive come to the conclusion I just don't need any more guitars. It's crazy, I Know. But, I am not really even playing the last several months. So while the Tobacco Burst 5150 catches my eye. I already have a Tobacco Burst MIJ EVH Wolf that kicks some serious ass. Pretty sure Im done chasing guitars. I did buy a Wilson Freaker Wah the other day. That thing is really cool. So, yeah, I can't see dropping $1000, $1500 on any more guitars. I am quite confident Ed will be okay without getting anymore of my money....lol
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

ďA patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.Ē

Last Online

Premium Member

A lot of your guitars are considered investment pieces. Nothing wrong with that at all...

I was more "in to" buying guitars when it was easier to sell them online locally. Now nobody seems to be buying shit. I think the most guitars I ever had was 9. Im down to 6 now, and would love to get down to 3.

I've noticed a lot of the Mexican/Japanese EVH stuff isn't really holding it's value. A lot of the guitars going for 500-600 online, about half the retail price. My only "expensive" guitars are an EVH circles I got on clearance for $600, and a custom Carvin Ultra V. I thought I would keep those forever, but I'm probably going to sell both eventually.

I have 2 Wolf standards (1 Floyd, 1 hardtail), an 80's Kramer that I'll prob keep forever, and the Mexi-Strat I bought in 1997 that I'll keep forever.

Unless I see another Wolfgang online locally for a really good price, I don't foresee buying anything else. I'd love an older Fender Yngwie strat but the prices on those are insane.

As for the 5150's, the headstock just rubs me wrong. I don't like the angle of the string pull behind the nut. Strat headstock would have looked so much nicer in my opinion. And I am not really into Floyds anymore. I was surpised how much warmer my hardtail Wolfgang sounded unplugged compared to the Floyd one.