Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

10.16.19 @ 10:44 AM
    Liked 6,571 Times in 3,415 Posts

I have a theory which I think is more plausible than health issues or even Eddie's issues with Mike. I think simply Wolfgang was planning on getting movement on releasing his solo album and likely would have opened for the band. For whatever reason that solo album isn't going to drop therefore he doesn't need to get any public exposure. Unless you are Neds Atomic Dustbin, a band doesn't require two bass players so Eddie isn't going to do a CVH reunion tour unless it benefits Wolfgang's solo ambitions. Therefore they scrapped the reunion.

Regarding requiring a phone call before meeting, etc I think that's a bit overblown. Well this is purely a business venture. Just like Dave being in the band. Its solely for business. Dave probably doesn't understand Eddie and vice versa. Same with Alex. They probably can be cordial like many of us with co-workers but that's about it. I think they simply live in a world we can't comprehend. It doesn't appear normal to us due to how they interact but we actually do it on a smaller level.

Anyway all this tells me is that the idea of playing with Mike is there. So any rumor out there that comes up, can't be dismissed as far fetched. It could have happened.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.15.19 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 627 Times in 220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    The best indication of future behavior is past behavior and Eddie has shown the world his true colors in multiple interviews throughout the years.
    Oh, okay. I've read a lot of celebrity interviews, too.
    "There will always be a Holyfield or a Tyson, but there's only one Mohammad Ali. There will always be a new body building champion, but there's only one Arnold. And there's only one David Lee. I'm the fun in Van Halen, always will be." - David Lee Roth

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...yarcwoiovu.jpg

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

10.06.19 @ 05:50 PM
    Liked 1,036 Times in 605 Posts

Hmmm. Scheduling a break in a lucrative tour for pre-production rehearsals...from just a ‘feeler’ phone call seems unlikely, or massively idiotic on an uncharted scale.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

10.16.19 @ 12:21 PM
    Liked 1,216 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Doesnít matter. Somebody wasnít up to it this year or last year.
    i'm guessing your saying it doesn't matter because you were wrong i'm assuming ??
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

10.15.19 @ 02:07 PM
    Liked 2,580 Times in 1,229 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    As far as maybe health reasons derailing it, everyone keeps assuming Ed or Dave. Al is the oldest one in the band and hes had some serious neck and back issues over the years. And lets face it, drumming for VH is not the same as timekeeping for the Stones lol. No disrespect to a legend like Charlie Watts, but drumming for the Stones, or AC/DC, or even what Joey Kramer does in Aerosmith is a completely different animal than what Alex is routinely expected to do in most CVH tunes.
    I'd be down for Wolf sitting in on drums for a handful of songs on tour (after he opens). That would probably make Ed happy to show off his son's genius, allow Al the chance to rest each night, and create a greater need for Mike to come back.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

10.15.19 @ 02:07 PM
    Liked 2,580 Times in 1,229 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by donkost View Post
    If it ever gets off the ground the vibe on stage will probably be fine. Ed doesn't care for Dave and they are smiling and hugging onstage. It's all a show, and onstage they can act like it's 1979 all over again, and never see each other outside of the show other than for practice sessions.
    Agreed -- we don't have to witness the awkwardness that will likely occur at practice and meetings. While you are playing you feel young again, you look at the band and remember the music, the fun. As they always say, force a smile and it becomes real and a lot of us know that really happens on stage. I'm not too worried about Mike being fake either -- if he's smiling, we're good. That said, if he had to make Sophie's Choice on which way to go, I think he'd walk off with Dave, as crazy as that is. Especially if they pair off to sing Happy Trails the way they used to...

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

10.16.19 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 925 Times in 493 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    They were gonna go with the "my manager talks to your manager" scenario and do a reunion with Mike without ever having to actually call Mike directly! I wonder what kind of vibe they would've had on stage. That's all we can do, wonder.
    Well...they would have had to talk to each other to be able to rehearse, so it's not like Mike would have just shown up for the first tour date.

As far as the vibe on stage and any "relationship" they'd have with Mike? I think we know exactly how Ed feels about Mike. He told us in 2015. I doubt anything has changed...they crapped on Mike all through the years and crapped on him some more in 2015. I don't think they've had some epiphany about how awesome a guy Mike is and what a great backup singer and part of the VH sound he is and gained some new appreciation for him since then.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

10.16.19 @ 10:03 AM
    Liked 3,723 Times in 1,841 Posts

Premium Member

Just based on the band's history, this is my guess as to the sequence of events. Dave sees the opportunity for Mike to join based on Wolfie doing his solo project (heck, maybe Wolf doesn't want to do it anymore--he did have the bio on his social media page saying "Bassist in Van Halen...for now"). Azoff sees the same thing or is asked by Dave to reach out to Mike. Either way, he reaches out to float that balloon. Mike says sure and gets his manager involved. Azoff starts going to work and gets a framework for a larger stadium tour and takes it to the brothers. Ed decides he'd rather not spend 8-10 nights on the same stage as Mike and Azoff spends a few months trying to lobby him. It doesn't happen and now Dave is meeting with the brothers again to see what they want to do going forward.

I hope I'm wrong, though, but it seems plausible.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

10.16.19 @ 07:33 AM
    Liked 24,463 Times in 13,901 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by DRFC View Post
    I'd be down for Wolf sitting in on drums for a handful of songs on tour (after he opens). That would probably make Ed happy to show off his son's genius, allow Al the chance to rest each night, and create a greater need for Mike to come back.
    What if Al wasn't up to touring anymore and Wolf replaced him on drums for a tour with Ed, Dave and Mike.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

10.16.19 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 11,582 Times in 6,478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    What if Al wasn't up to touring anymore and Wolf replaced him on drums for a tour with Ed, Dave and Mike.
    Don't do that.

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.21.19 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Been a long time lurker and I just saw this pic and I'm wondering if maybe Ed was on some sort of treatment again.This could explain both the halt on the summer tour thing and the halt on Wolf's album release.If anything were to happen to Ed, it wouldn't be a good time for that to be out because Wolf wouldn't be able to support it in any way. Could be they're just waiting out Ed to be clear. I hope the sick part is not the case but it would explain the blown up face yet his body is still thin. My niece was on meds for lupus and this is exactly what happened to her when she was on the meds.
    Last edited by RWeaverFX; 06.20.19 at 07:02 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

10.16.19 @ 10:03 AM
    Liked 3,723 Times in 1,841 Posts

Premium Member

There was a lot of speculation around that pic when it was posted here. Most chalked it up to bad lighting and Ed just being old. There was a video of his birthday party from a few months before that showed him in much better shape, so who knows. I hope it wasn't anything health related, but given Ed's health problems in the past it wouldn't be a total surprise. It would also align with the rumors about someone's health delaying things. Between hip replacements, cancer, alcoholism, and diverticulitis, I can't imagine Ed is the most spry 64 year old on the planet.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Last Online

10.16.19 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 4,188 Times in 2,660 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    i'm guessing your saying it doesn't matter because you were wrong i'm assuming ??
    What was I wrong about?

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

10.16.19 @ 03:32 PM
    Liked 2,493 Times in 1,531 Posts

I can imagine Mike being up on stage with a huge grin because he'd be enjoying the music and seeing the fans reactions.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Good Enough
    Last Online

10.16.19 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 2,449 Times in 1,027 Posts

I imagine Mike would be up on stage with a grin, jamming the old songs like in this recent clip:

21. The Following 2 Members Like This Post: