Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 597
  1. #16
    Atomic Punk edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.12.01
    Age
    61
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,111
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    07.17.19 @ 07:41 PM
    Likes
    6,640
    Liked 3,618 Times in 2,207 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

  2. #17
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    08.23.11
    Age
    51
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,972
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    07.17.19 @ 07:16 PM
    Likes
    3,930
    Liked 3,822 Times in 1,927 Posts

    Default

    I still don't know that this means anything of substance happened. All we get from that is that Azoff reached out. So maybe he reached out to Mike, Mike said "sure, maybe..." and then Azoff called the VH brothers saying "I've got a proposal" and they said "you did what? who told you to call him? Fuck that."

    I think saying this proves something was in motion is like saying I almost went on a date with Scarlett Johansson because I left a message at her manager's office asking if I could get her number so I could ask her out.

    And yeah, I know it's just how it is but it's frustrating that 60+ year olds who are supposedly professionals have to essentially pass notes like 4th grade girls... And I know that's not just a VH thing, but damn.

    The whole thing just doesn't pass the smell test. I mean the possibility of this ever becoming reality. Eddie smiling on stage playing with a guy that he can't even directly talk to and is taking his son's spot? Can you imagine the first rehearsal? "Hey man, sooo...... sorry about erasing you from history and telling people you couldn't play and trying to get rid of you for decades and not even bothering to tell you that you were fired from your career job but, um..... you ready to jam?"

  3. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:


  4. #18
    Atomic Punk Raldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Cromwell, CT USA
    Posts
    18,786
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    07.17.19 @ 02:12 PM
    Likes
    3,082
    Liked 2,412 Times in 1,479 Posts

    Default

    Only Van Halen could fuck this up.
    We don’t know why but man.....oh so close to the full reunion.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

    In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

    "High speed, low drag."

    "Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

    Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

    Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

    got tequila?

    http://keepitaliveforever.com

  5. #19
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    05.07.04
    Location
    Over Macho Grande
    Posts
    3,159
    Last Online

    07.17.19 @ 04:22 PM
    Likes
    159
    Liked 362 Times in 237 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Pretty much...that attempt or whatever the hell it was, was the last nail in that particular coffin
    Dealing with it.

  6. #20
    Atomic Punk bklynboy68's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    26,158
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    07.17.19 @ 05:58 PM
    Likes
    19,634
    Liked 17,339 Times in 9,795 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    I still don't know that this means anything of substance happened. All we get from that is that Azoff reached out. So maybe he reached out to Mike, Mike said "sure, maybe..." and then Azoff called the VH brothers saying "I've got a proposal" and they said "you did what? who told you to call him? Fuck that."

    I think saying this proves something was in motion is like saying I almost went on a date with Scarlett Johansson because I left a message at her manager's office asking if I could get her number so I could ask her out.

    And yeah, I know it's just how it is but it's frustrating that 60+ year olds who are supposedly professionals have to essentially pass notes like 4th grade girls... And I know that's not just a VH thing, but damn.

    The whole thing just doesn't pass the smell test. I mean the possibility of this ever becoming reality. Eddie smiling on stage playing with a guy that he can't even directly talk to and is taking his son's spot? Can you imagine the first rehearsal? "Hey man, sooo...... sorry about erasing you from history and telling people you couldn't play and trying to get rid of you for decades and not even bothering to tell you that you were fired from your career job but, um..... you ready to jam?"
    Thatís a lot of info for Mike to drop for it to be bullshit. The man has no reason to lie about pre-production rehearsals.

    Come on.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  7. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  8. #21
    Forum Frontman fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    40
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,708
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    1,429
    Liked 7,507 Times in 3,733 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I imagine that this will eventually happen. If mike has been contacted by Azoff then the brothers told him to. Same with Dave.

    Something is going on with one of the brothers or Dave. Or it could be the timing of wolfs album.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:


  10. #22
    Hang 'Em High Hurricane Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.17.03
    Age
    50
    Location
    Shreveport Louisiana
    Posts
    7,053
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    All of them
    Last Online

    07.17.19 @ 08:25 PM
    Likes
    3,751
    Liked 2,955 Times in 1,566 Posts

    Default

    I'll take the bait on this when there is actually something to bite on.

    Love VH with all my heart, but I got to tell ya, 21st century VH is a fucking joke.

    HH<---Can't stand the dysfunction with them, and I'm talking about the VH clan, not MA. --------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

    UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

  11. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  12. #23
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    08.23.11
    Age
    51
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,972
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    07.17.19 @ 07:16 PM
    Likes
    3,930
    Liked 3,822 Times in 1,927 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    That’s a lot of info for Mike to drop for it to be bullshit. The man has no reason to lie about pre-production rehearsals.

    Come on.
    Oh I certainly didn't mean he, or anyone, was lying, I just think it's too vague to determine there was anything beyond, as Dave says, a phone call. But obviously I wasn't there and don't know. I would sure be happy to be wrong, I guess I'm just pessimistic.

  13. #24
    Atomic Punk JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    45
    Posts
    13,575
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    07.17.19 @ 09:22 PM
    Likes
    45,998
    Liked 13,186 Times in 7,143 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    Oh I certainly didn't mean he, or anyone, was lying, I just think it's too vague to determine there was anything beyond, as Dave says, a phone call. But obviously I wasn't there and don't know. I would sure be happy to be wrong, I guess I'm just pessimistic.
    Didnt Mike say they specifically put a break in the Circle touring schedule for this? Sure seems like Mike was gearing up for something more than just a vague phone call to me.

  14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  15. #25
    Atomic Punk JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    45
    Posts
    13,575
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    07.17.19 @ 09:22 PM
    Likes
    45,998
    Liked 13,186 Times in 7,143 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    As far as maybe health reasons derailing it, everyone keeps assuming Ed or Dave. Al is the oldest one in the band and hes had some serious neck and back issues over the years. And lets face it, drumming for VH is not the same as timekeeping for the Stones lol. No disrespect to a legend like Charlie Watts, but drumming for the Stones, or AC/DC, or even what Joey Kramer does in Aerosmith is a completely different animal than what Alex is routinely expected to do in most CVH tunes.

  16. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  17. #26
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    26,934
    Last Online

    07.17.19 @ 09:33 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3,648 Times in 2,292 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    No news there whatsoever other than what we already had heard.

  18. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  19. #27
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    11.05.14
    Posts
    2,485
    Last Online

    07.17.19 @ 03:46 PM
    Likes
    1,176
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,351 Posts

    Default

    Well we already knew there was a phone call, Mike admitted that months ago. This reveals nothing more than a little substance of that phone call, which we all assumed that was what it was about

    The only new thing in this was that Dave called as well

    So essentially, itís this Van Halen might do something someday, or they might not. Just as itís been the last 20 years


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  21. #28
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    45
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    40,720
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    07.17.19 @ 07:30 PM
    Likes
    2,246
    Liked 10,992 Times in 6,152 Posts

    Default

    Based on what Mike said it obviously got way past one call as we were told before. They were certainly working on a reunion for this summer. It's too bad it didn't happen. Hopefully it happens sooner rather than later, I'd like to see the 4 of them on stage once in my life

  22. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  23. #29
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    08.23.11
    Age
    51
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,972
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    07.17.19 @ 07:16 PM
    Likes
    3,930
    Liked 3,822 Times in 1,927 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Didnt Mike say they specifically put a break in the Circle touring schedule for this? Sure seems like Mike was gearing up for something more than just a vague phone call to me.
    Possibly so, I guess I'm just trying not to get my hopes up until I hear Eddie or Alex comment on it.

  24. #30
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    26,934
    Last Online

    07.17.19 @ 09:33 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3,648 Times in 2,292 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    Possibly so, I guess I'm just trying not to get my hopes up until I hear Eddie or Alex comment on it.
    Means nothing. Weíve known Dave has tried to rally an OG reunion for years.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. the tour schedule looks pretty resting for them
    By Things Change in forum 2015 Van Halen Tour
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04.12.15, 06:18 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08.19.13, 09:44 AM
  3. The greatest prank phone call ever.
    By Leo Van Newhouse in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08.10.07, 03:20 PM
  4. time for a phone call Sam
    By jrjinerie@msn.com in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08.21.05, 04:52 AM
  5. Phone call gone bad...
    By el_jalepeno in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01.26.03, 07:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •