Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.19 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 89 Times in 40 Posts

Default Check out this better quality Van Halen Us Festival footage.

A long time poster on the Allman Brothers Band website posted this tasty nugget earlier today.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TMKqK2PYPwU
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

07.07.19 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 7 Posts

Wow, awesome and crisp footage!!! Is it possible that they will release this professionally and cleaned up? Hmmm....would be awesome. With some extras hopefully...

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

11.15.19 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 191 Times in 99 Posts

It appears that Historic Films site has the whole concert. It says to send them a message to inquire whenever you try to buy something, though.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

11.15.19 @ 04:26 PM
    Liked 9,159 Times in 6,589 Posts

Nice visual footage for sure!
    I always loved Eddie's wide stretch into decending licks that he played before the main riff for SGMAD kicks in. Also, the breakdown where they tease what would become GGB and the I'm So Glad stuff. Killer jamming!
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

11.15.19 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 12,485 Times in 6,832 Posts

Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

09.27.19 @ 09:08 PM
    Liked 4,111 Times in 2,567 Posts

I'm guessing this is the original film. We've been watching degraded copies all these years.

They could clean all that stuff up nice and pretty for official release. Make them all look and sound better than this. Of course, that aint happening. Leaks to YT is all we're gonna get, unfortunately.

Just sad. Out of all the great bands in history, Floyd, Zeppelin, Stones, Metallica, any top twenty, historic, band you can think of.
    VH is the only that decided releasing old music and videos would be a bad idea. At this point in your career it's the number one thing you do.

8. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

11.15.19 @ 08:42 AM
    Liked 3,879 Times in 1,964 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I'm guessing this is the original film. We've been watching degraded copies all these years.

They could clean all that stuff up nice and pretty for official release. Make them all look and sound better than this. Of course, that aint happening. Leaks to YT is all we're gonna get, unfortunately.

Just sad. Out of all the great bands in history, Floyd, Zeppelin, Stones, Metallica, any top twenty, historic, band you can think of.
    VH is the only that decided releasing old music and videos would be a bad idea. At this point in your career it's the number one thing you do.
    Yeah, this video has been discussed numerous times here over the years.

That's my biggest frustration when I hear some people say about this one and others, "why do they need to officially release it? You can already see the whole thing on youtube."

There is NO comparison in quality. Even the highlight show that was broadcast on Showtime during the following year after the festival that I have a copy of and that's been in bootleg circles for years doesn't compare to the quality (especially audio) of the officially released dvds from Judas Priest and Quiet Riot and Triumph, that last one being done in DTS sound.

There are plenty examples of masters finally being released of bootlegged shows and they are often shockingly better than what everyone just got used to over the years. You can't go back. Or look at the original 60s era videos that Pink Floyd and The Beatles went back and cleaned up and released in box sets. They are mind blowing in their clarity and color and sound.

This band's legacy deserves so much more, it's just astonishing that a band this important and big for so long treats its own history as worthless.

I always hear "Eddie's too much of a perfectionist to release old stuff". If there was really any truth to that wouldn't he be scrambling to get the highest quality version out there of what people are already seeing anyway, to make them look and sound so much better? It's already out of the barn.
    Last edited by snowdog; 06.17.19 at 08:16 AM.

10. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

11.15.19 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 13,988 Times in 7,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    Yeah, this video has been discussed numerous times here over the years.

That's my biggest frustration when I hear some people say about this one and others, "why do they need to officially release it? You can already see the whole thing on youtube."

There is NO comparison in quality. Even the highlight show that was broadcast on Showtime during the following year after the festival that I have a copy of and that's been in bootleg circles for years doesn't compare to the quality (especially audio) of the officially released dvds from Judas Priest and Quiet Riot and Triumph, that last one being done in DTS sound.

There are plenty examples of masters finally being released of bootlegged shows and they are often shockingly better than what everyone just got used to over the years. You can't go back. Or look at the original 60s era videos that Pink Floyd and The Beatles went back and cleaned up and released in box sets. They are mind blowing in their clarity and color and sound.

This band's legacy deserves so much more, it's just astonishing that a band this important and big for so long treats its own history as worthless.

I always hear "Eddie's too much of a perfectionist to release old stuff". If there was really any truth to that wouldn't he be scrambling to get the highest quality version out there of what people are already seeing anyway, to make them look and sound so much better? It's already out of the barn.
    You discussed in the Rush thread how Neil has moved on from drumming completely because he is not a nostalgic person at all. Well, it seems that Ed and Al may be the two least nostalgic people in the music industry and really just dont care about legacy releases, unfortunately for all of us diehard fans.

12. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

11.15.19 @ 05:14 PM
    Liked 24,636 Times in 13,995 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post
    A long time poster on the Allman Brothers Band website posted this tasty nugget earlier today.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TMKqK2PYPwU
    Awesome quality footage of what for me was the highlight of VH's performance of the US Festival.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    Awesome quality footage of what for me was the highlight of VH's performance of the US Festival.
    No doubt, that one segment might be my favorite piece of the whole show, and I've always enjoyed the whole show in spite of its flaws.

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    You discussed in the Rush thread how Neil has moved on from drumming completely because he is not a nostalgic person at all. Well, it seems that Ed and Al may be the two least nostalgic people in the music industry and really just dont care about legacy releases, unfortunately for all of us diehard fans.
    Yeah, you're right. I guess they could always change their minds but there's no indication of that happening.

Let me be clear, I freaking love VH. Even when I bitch, and I know I do sometimes, it's almost 100% because of the lack of VH, haha! Seeing so many other bands that I love release so much stuff over the years and then being on a starvation diet with VH just hurts, imagining what could have been. I don't complain about III, I don't bash Dave's vocals or Sammy's lyrics, I don't complain about setlists, I don't pick on VH songs I don't like (of which there are very few anyway), etc. When I vent it's almost universally because I just want more VH and where most of my favorite bands still release some kind of media practically every year, with VH since 1998 we've had 1 best of, 1 studio album, and 1 live album.

I have VH blue balls.

17. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

11.14.19 @ 03:51 AM
    Liked 633 Times in 265 Posts

Great Stuff!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1 & 1984 & ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

In a simple rhyme
    Last Online

11.14.19 @ 02:45 PM
    Liked 287 Times in 130 Posts

Hmmm... just noticed this youtube video was posted in 2013!

Still a great watch.

Cheers,
    mrC (",)b
    *Follow my ubiquitous audio/video/composing/production mishaps, with & without The OBViOUS ... often resulting in hilarious musical consequnces:

http://www.facebook.com/mrChristopherTV
    http://www.facebook.com/theobviouscom

٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

11.15.19 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 13,988 Times in 7,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    Yeah, you're right. I guess they could always change their minds but there's no indication of that happening.

Let me be clear, I freaking love VH. Even when I bitch, and I know I do sometimes, it's almost 100% because of the lack of VH, haha! Seeing so many other bands that I love release so much stuff over the years and then being on a starvation diet with VH just hurts, imagining what could have been. I don't complain about III, I don't bash Dave's vocals or Sammy's lyrics, I don't complain about setlists, I don't pick on VH songs I don't like (of which there are very few anyway), etc. When I vent it's almost universally because I just want more VH and where most of my favorite bands still release some kind of media practically every year, with VH since 1998 we've had 1 best of, 1 studio album, and 1 live album.

I have VH blue balls.
    I hear ya. There's not another band I love that even comes close to VH. That's why I never apologize for saying they ARE the greatest hard rock band ever, public perception be damned. I just wish the brothers had as much appreciation for their tremendous contributions to rock history as many fans do.

21. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

11.15.19 @ 11:09 AM
    Liked 1,340 Times in 862 Posts

Saw that a year or two ago...on that Historical website there's also the press conference. It's long but pretty funny with Dave and Joe Walsh.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 9x
    DAVE SOLO: 13x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x