Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.17.00
    Posts
    1,761
    Last Online

    11.14.19 @ 02:10 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 89 Times in 40 Posts

    Default Check out this better quality Van Halen Us Festival footage.

    A long time poster on the Allman Brothers Band website posted this tasty nugget earlier today.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TMKqK2PYPwU
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."


  2. #2
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    05.30.04
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    77
    Last Online

    07.07.19 @ 01:18 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 31 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Wow, awesome and crisp footage!!! Is it possible that they will release this professionally and cleaned up? Hmmm....would be awesome. With some extras hopefully...

  3. #3
    On Fire danielleesale's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.10.07
    Age
    42
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    429
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 04:07 PM
    Likes
    4
    Liked 191 Times in 99 Posts

    Default

    It appears that Historic Films site has the whole concert. It says to send them a message to inquire whenever you try to buy something, though.

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    02.13.11
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o!
    Posts
    20,919
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 04:26 PM
    Likes
    8,122
    Liked 9,159 Times in 6,589 Posts

    Default

    Nice visual footage for sure!
    I always loved Eddie's wide stretch into decending licks that he played before the main riff for SGMAD kicks in. Also, the breakdown where they tease what would become GGB and the I'm So Glad stuff. Killer jamming!
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

  5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  6. #5
    Atomic Punk japeape's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.05.15
    Posts
    13,911
    Favorite VH Album

    II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 09:24 AM
    Likes
    8,420
    Liked 12,485 Times in 6,832 Posts

    Default

    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

  7. #6
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    10.28.12
    Location
    Mean Street
    Posts
    7,334
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

    09.27.19 @ 09:08 PM
    Likes
    5,382
    Liked 4,111 Times in 2,567 Posts

    Default

    I'm guessing this is the original film. We've been watching degraded copies all these years.

    They could clean all that stuff up nice and pretty for official release. Make them all look and sound better than this. Of course, that aint happening. Leaks to YT is all we're gonna get, unfortunately.

    Just sad. Out of all the great bands in history, Floyd, Zeppelin, Stones, Metallica, any top twenty, historic, band you can think of.
    VH is the only that decided releasing old music and videos would be a bad idea. At this point in your career it's the number one thing you do.

  8. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:


  9. #7
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    08.23.11
    Age
    51
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,038
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 08:42 AM
    Likes
    4,012
    Liked 3,879 Times in 1,964 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I'm guessing this is the original film. We've been watching degraded copies all these years.

    They could clean all that stuff up nice and pretty for official release. Make them all look and sound better than this. Of course, that aint happening. Leaks to YT is all we're gonna get, unfortunately.

    Just sad. Out of all the great bands in history, Floyd, Zeppelin, Stones, Metallica, any top twenty, historic, band you can think of.
    VH is the only that decided releasing old music and videos would be a bad idea. At this point in your career it's the number one thing you do.
    Yeah, this video has been discussed numerous times here over the years.

    That's my biggest frustration when I hear some people say about this one and others, "why do they need to officially release it? You can already see the whole thing on youtube."

    There is NO comparison in quality. Even the highlight show that was broadcast on Showtime during the following year after the festival that I have a copy of and that's been in bootleg circles for years doesn't compare to the quality (especially audio) of the officially released dvds from Judas Priest and Quiet Riot and Triumph, that last one being done in DTS sound.

    There are plenty examples of masters finally being released of bootlegged shows and they are often shockingly better than what everyone just got used to over the years. You can't go back. Or look at the original 60s era videos that Pink Floyd and The Beatles went back and cleaned up and released in box sets. They are mind blowing in their clarity and color and sound.


    This band's legacy deserves so much more, it's just astonishing that a band this important and big for so long treats its own history as worthless.

    I always hear "Eddie's too much of a perfectionist to release old stuff". If there was really any truth to that wouldn't he be scrambling to get the highest quality version out there of what people are already seeing anyway, to make them look and sound so much better? It's already out of the barn.
    Last edited by snowdog; 06.17.19 at 08:16 AM.

  10. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:


  11. #8
    Atomic Punk JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    45
    Posts
    14,488
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 12:26 PM
    Likes
    48,815
    Liked 13,988 Times in 7,610 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    Yeah, this video has been discussed numerous times here over the years.

    That's my biggest frustration when I hear some people say about this one and others, "why do they need to officially release it? You can already see the whole thing on youtube."

    There is NO comparison in quality. Even the highlight show that was broadcast on Showtime during the following year after the festival that I have a copy of and that's been in bootleg circles for years doesn't compare to the quality (especially audio) of the officially released dvds from Judas Priest and Quiet Riot and Triumph, that last one being done in DTS sound.

    There are plenty examples of masters finally being released of bootlegged shows and they are often shockingly better than what everyone just got used to over the years. You can't go back. Or look at the original 60s era videos that Pink Floyd and The Beatles went back and cleaned up and released in box sets. They are mind blowing in their clarity and color and sound.


    This band's legacy deserves so much more, it's just astonishing that a band this important and big for so long treats its own history as worthless.

    I always hear "Eddie's too much of a perfectionist to release old stuff". If there was really any truth to that wouldn't he be scrambling to get the highest quality version out there of what people are already seeing anyway, to make them look and sound so much better? It's already out of the barn.
    You discussed in the Rush thread how Neil has moved on from drumming completely because he is not a nostalgic person at all. Well, it seems that Ed and Al may be the two least nostalgic people in the music industry and really just dont care about legacy releases, unfortunately for all of us diehard fans.

  12. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:


  13. #9
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    42,106
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 05:14 PM
    Likes
    18,939
    Liked 24,636 Times in 13,995 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post
    A long time poster on the Allman Brothers Band website posted this tasty nugget earlier today.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TMKqK2PYPwU
    Awesome quality footage of what for me was the highlight of VH's performance of the US Festival.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  14. #10
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    08.23.11
    Age
    51
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,038
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 08:42 AM
    Likes
    4,012
    Liked 3,879 Times in 1,964 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    Awesome quality footage of what for me was the highlight of VH's performance of the US Festival.
    No doubt, that one segment might be my favorite piece of the whole show, and I've always enjoyed the whole show in spite of its flaws.

  15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  16. #11
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    08.23.11
    Age
    51
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,038
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 08:42 AM
    Likes
    4,012
    Liked 3,879 Times in 1,964 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    You discussed in the Rush thread how Neil has moved on from drumming completely because he is not a nostalgic person at all. Well, it seems that Ed and Al may be the two least nostalgic people in the music industry and really just dont care about legacy releases, unfortunately for all of us diehard fans.
    Yeah, you're right. I guess they could always change their minds but there's no indication of that happening.

    Let me be clear, I freaking love VH. Even when I bitch, and I know I do sometimes, it's almost 100% because of the lack of VH, haha! Seeing so many other bands that I love release so much stuff over the years and then being on a starvation diet with VH just hurts, imagining what could have been. I don't complain about III, I don't bash Dave's vocals or Sammy's lyrics, I don't complain about setlists, I don't pick on VH songs I don't like (of which there are very few anyway), etc. When I vent it's almost universally because I just want more VH and where most of my favorite bands still release some kind of media practically every year, with VH since 1998 we've had 1 best of, 1 studio album, and 1 live album.

    I have VH blue balls.

  17. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  18. #12
    Good Enough ScottyBHarris's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.03.06
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    1,817
    Favorite VH Album

    VHII
    Favorite VH Song

    Light up the Sky
    Last Online

    11.14.19 @ 03:51 AM
    Likes
    569
    Liked 633 Times in 265 Posts

    Default

    Great Stuff!

  19. #13
    Eruption
    Join Date
    06.03.02
    Age
    52
    Location
    japan
    Posts
    855
    Favorite VH Album

    VH 1 & 1984 & ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    In a simple rhyme
    Last Online

    11.14.19 @ 02:45 PM
    Likes
    2,196
    Liked 287 Times in 130 Posts

    Default

    Hmmm... just noticed this youtube video was posted in 2013!

    Still a great watch.

    Cheers,
    mrC (",)b
    *Follow my ubiquitous audio/video/composing/production mishaps, with & without The OBViOUS ... often resulting in hilarious musical consequnces:

    http://www.facebook.com/mrChristopherTV
    http://www.facebook.com/theobviouscom

    ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶

  20. #14
    Atomic Punk JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    45
    Posts
    14,488
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 12:26 PM
    Likes
    48,815
    Liked 13,988 Times in 7,610 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    Yeah, you're right. I guess they could always change their minds but there's no indication of that happening.

    Let me be clear, I freaking love VH. Even when I bitch, and I know I do sometimes, it's almost 100% because of the lack of VH, haha! Seeing so many other bands that I love release so much stuff over the years and then being on a starvation diet with VH just hurts, imagining what could have been. I don't complain about III, I don't bash Dave's vocals or Sammy's lyrics, I don't complain about setlists, I don't pick on VH songs I don't like (of which there are very few anyway), etc. When I vent it's almost universally because I just want more VH and where most of my favorite bands still release some kind of media practically every year, with VH since 1998 we've had 1 best of, 1 studio album, and 1 live album.

    I have VH blue balls.
    I hear ya. There's not another band I love that even comes close to VH. That's why I never apologize for saying they ARE the greatest hard rock band ever, public perception be damned. I just wish the brothers had as much appreciation for their tremendous contributions to rock history as many fans do.

  21. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  22. #15
    Baluchitherium DFVH5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,008
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 11:09 AM
    Likes
    3,146
    Liked 1,340 Times in 862 Posts

    Default

    Saw that a year or two ago...on that Historical website there's also the press conference. It's long but pretty funny with Dave and Joe Walsh.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

    Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 9x
    DAVE SOLO: 13x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06.13.13, 08:56 PM
  2. Check Out The Quality of THIS!
    By MF5150 in forum Van Halen On The Tube
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01.31.08, 08:02 AM
  3. Son of a bitch! I knew Mint footage of Van Halen at the US Festival existed!
    By VHwasCoolestWithDLR in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01.26.08, 06:38 PM
  4. Check out the quality of this clip
    By xk319 in forum Van Halen On The Tube
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01.24.08, 04:24 PM
  5. Awesome Quality US Festival DVD At JamToThis
    By Brett in forum Bootleg Network
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11.30.07, 09:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •