Save
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.20.19 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 450 Times in 302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post

Where's VH1988 to chime in?
    I guess he's officially retired as the founder and president of the Sam Hagar fan club
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

10.01.19 @ 05:02 PM
    Liked 2,385 Times in 1,313 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by danielleesale View Post
    If they had toured first, and not filmed the first show, everyone would've been talking about how they were playing the old stuff, and that would've probably would have led to more people attending. I know this, I enjoyed the 1998 concert as much as I did any of the concerts, and hearing the old stuff was a part of that. The new stuff sounded good live, too, I just think that some of the songs could've been tightened up a little more before recording.
    Speaking for myself only, I was never going to accept Gary( or anyone), once they trotted Dave out on stage with them. Didn't matter to me that he did the Classic era tunes. It was Gary Cherone doing the Classic era tunes.

Had Dave never walked out on stage with them....
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Love Walks In
    Last Online

10.17.19 @ 05:49 PM
    Liked 289 Times in 195 Posts

Obviously, I wish Sammy had never left Van Halen. The whole MTV debacle with Dave was just not cool. While I don't think Gary was ever the right fit for Van Halen, I do agree with him that a tour first may have helped with the transition and the music they would make together later. I don't like much of III, but I put most of it squarely on Ed's shoulders.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.20.19 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 18,436 Times in 10,511 Posts

Premium Member

I think that drink coaster wouldn’t have been accepted regardless of when you toured. It just straight up sucked.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Good Enough
    Last Online

10.19.19 @ 01:43 PM
    Liked 91 Times in 67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    drink coaster
    Talkin' 'bout David Lee Roth fans not VH fans.
    Last edited by marcin; 05.31.19 at 05:55 AM.
    "If it sounds good, it is good" - Eddie Van Halen, 1981

"Don't give up, seriously. I mean if I can do it, you can do it, seroiusly" - Eddie Van Halen, 1985

"if you ever speak to me like that again, you better be wearing a cup" - EVH, 1996

"Death by Hollywood, a little too fabulous for his own good" - Edward Van Halen, 2005

Jeff Fiorentino - EVH style and tone master http://jfrocksguitarlessons.com/guitarlessons/vinheut/

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Love Walks In
    Last Online

10.17.19 @ 05:49 PM
    Liked 289 Times in 195 Posts

I do dig Without You. Ed's solo on that song just smokes.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by marcin View Post
    Talkin' 'bout David Lee Roth fans not VH fans.
    Not getting what you’re saying.

EDIT: Oh, you’re implying that because I said VH III sucked that means I’m not a Van Halen fan.

Yeah, nice try. I, along with the majority of VH fans, think that album absolutely sucked.

Too bad your feelings are hurt.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 05.31.19 at 06:15 AM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Good Enough
    Last Online

Not getting what you’re saying.
    Yeah, sure. It is OK to call VH3 a
    drink coaster (that) wouldn’t have been accepted regardless of when you toured. It just straight up sucked.
    , Sam sucks, yet the The Magnificent 7 is untouchable. See, I just don't like fanatics and this applies to Sam and Dave fanatics.

So, just to play a little, maybe let's quote some random comments under Youtube video Eddie Trunk on David Lee Roth surprising Van Halen Fans... but no one knew who he was:

Here we go:

This has to be in spinal tap 2.

It would’ve been even better if as they opened the door and runaround or summer nights started playing.

Poor Dave. His Diamond �� is only .00001 carats now.

You just know he has a Werther's original in his pocket.

And he says at around 58 seconds that “I am Van Halen”

Sammy Hagar was rolling on the floor with laughter I bet!

There's some old dude at the door

It was cringey to be honest. An old famous rocker knocking on someones door because they had one of his 30 year old songs playing... Who seeks out to be recognised like that? Very cheesy

Dave cant remember when he was their age, ..the kids thought it was the Neighbors gettin crazy bout the noise next door,

That is friggin hilarious and to be honest he doesn’t look like a rocker he looks totally like an old grandpa , now had they been jamming Poundcake and Sammy did this I bet they would have been floored and done some shots of tequila ha, I want whatever Sammy is taking that dude is 71 and looks early 50’s maybe it’s all that tequila lol

Again, I don't want to stir shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    ‘Hate’ is probably a strong word. Tongue in cheek razzing is more accurate.

"Don't give up, seriously. I mean if I can do it, you can do it, seroiusly" - Eddie Van Halen, 1985

"if you ever speak to me like that again, you better be wearing a cup" - EVH, 1996

"Death by Hollywood, a little too fabulous for his own good" - Edward Van Halen, 2005

Jeff Fiorentino - EVH style and tone master http://jfrocksguitarlessons.com/guitarlessons/vinheut/

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.19.19 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 846 Times in 403 Posts

Premium Member

The CD itself is not well produced. The songs live smoked I thought.
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

11. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Yeah, sure. It is OK to call VH3 a , Sam sucks, yet the The Magnificent 7 is untouchable. See, I just don't like fanatics and this applies to Sam and Dave fanatics.

So, just to play a little, maybe let's quote some random comments under Youtube video Eddie Trunk on David Lee Roth surprising Van Halen Fans... but no one knew who he was: Dave cant remember when he was their age, ..the kids thought it was the Neighbors gettin crazy bout the noise next door,

That is friggin hilarious and to be honest he doesn’t look like a rocker he looks totally like an old grandpa , now had they been jamming Poundcake and Sammy did this I bet they would have been floored and done some shots of tequila ha, I want whatever Sammy is taking that dude is 71 and looks early 50’s maybe it’s all that tequila lol

Again, I don't want to stir shit up
    Are you fucking drunk? I didn’t say shit about Sammy Hagar and it looks like you definitely want to stir shit up.

And none of that nonsense you posted has anything to do with VH III sucking balls.

Grow up.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 05.31.19 at 06:38 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Good Enough
    Last Online

Are you fucking drunk? I didn’t say shit about Sammy Hagar and it looks like you definitely want to stir shit up.

And none of that nonsense you posted has anything to do with VH III sucking balls.

Grow up.
    Contrary to popular belief I don't hate Sammy Hagar. Do I dislike the general Van Hagar experience? YES. But that's a dead horse...
    There's a difference between saying VH3 is "not the best" and "it sucks". Then, there is a difference between "it sucks" and "it's a coaster".

Fanboys will be fanboys. If someone prefers DITS over Without You or Jump over, e.g., Judgement Day, then the chances are we have a DLR fanboy.

Hey, I love Van Halen with DLR, Sam, and Gary. There are guys like RRvh1 and JUNGLE DRUMMER and, despite ongoing clashes between them, I believe that there's more that unites them than divides them. I actually like 'em both and have similar opinions on many VH-related questions. However, fanatics are boring cookie cutters.
    Last edited by marcin; 05.31.19 at 07:26 AM.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

There's a difference between saying VH3 is "not the best" and "it sucks". Then, there is a difference between "it sucks" and "it's a coaster".

Fanboys will be fanboys. If someone prefers DITS over Without You or Jump over, e.g., Judgment Day, then the chances are we have a DLR fanboy.

Hey, I love Van Halen with DLR, Sam, and Gary. There are guys like RRvh1 and JUNGLE DRUMMER and, despite ongoing clashes between them, I believe that there's more that unites them than divides them. I actually like 'em both and have similar opinions on many VH-related questions. However, fanatics are boring cookie cutters.
    You are an assclown.

You dig up a post from 2012 where I was praising HSAS to call me a Sam hater and a DLR fanboy? That is bizarre.

And I think VH III sucks , so do a lot of people on here.

Again, grow up.

Btw, it’s hilarious that you’re not offended by the combo of “it sucks” and “not the best”, but holy shit add “drink coaster” and all hell breaks loose.

Last edited by bklynboy68; 05.31.19 at 07:34 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Good Enough
    Last Online

You are an assclown.

You dig up a post from 2012 where I was praising HSAS to call me a Sam hater and a DLR fanboy? That is bizarre.

And I think VH III sucks , so do a lot of people on here.

Again, grow up.

Btw, it’s hilarious that you’re not offended by the combo of “it sucks” and “not the best”, but holy shit add “drink coaster” and all hell breaks loose.

OK DLR fanboy. I dig up a post from 2012 where you was praising HSAS and at the same time dissing "Van Hagar experience". There is no difference between your posts from 2012 and 2019 so no biggie. Then, maybe my English is not too fluent, but I believe that "There's a difference between saying VH3 is "not the best" and "it sucks". Then, there is a difference between "it sucks" and "it's a coaster" equals not the best<it sucks< it's a coaster.

Again, maybe Americans are more thick-skinned, but saiyng that the album of your favorite (?) band is a coaster is a little... disrespectful? I mean you prefer Uptown Girl by Billy Joel or that recent Van Buuren and DLR Jump remix than Without You by Van Halen?

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Yeah, whatever.

go rub one out

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Good Enough
    Last Online

Yeah, whatever.

go rub one out
    Is that all you got, pretty boy?

Last edited by marcin; 05.31.19 at 08:24 AM.