Save
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Love Walks In
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 06:56 PM
    Liked 261 Times in 175 Posts

I'm happy for you Mike. Play the heck out of it. Give it a name.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

09.17.19 @ 03:22 PM
    Liked 764 Times in 380 Posts

It’s a nice looking guitar, regardless of the dots! I’m glad you like it.
    I'm just here.

Hotty Toddy, gosh almighty,
    Who the hell are we? Hey!

Flim flam, bim bam,
    Ole Miss, by damn!

"I can't complain but sometimes I still do" - Joe Walsh

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

09.17.19 @ 08:09 AM
    Liked 26,169 Times in 13,210 Posts

Premium Member

Keep it.

Makes it uniquely yours and it has a built in story to it.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Last Online

09.14.19 @ 12:22 PM
    Liked 432 Times in 259 Posts

Send it back. That's a ridiculous mistake. I got mine about a month ago. After waiting over eight months! I was mad it took so long. If it wasn't right I'd probably drive to Arizona and slap somebody. Not sure if the pic shows it. But I think the dot neck is lame and boring looking when compared to the block inlays. New Signature Wolf makes my Stealth seem bland looking altogether. I may sell it. I'm also convinced the block inlays add resonance to the neck. When tapping the neck sounds different. Almost hollow in a good way. Like the finger board is more lively.

And mine absolutely rocks! I love it! Instantly my number one.

Last edited by AFU; 05.24.19 at 04:43 AM.
    VH III is Ed's solo album. So everybody who keeps saying they wish he'd do one needs to stfu and listen to III. Then stfu again.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Zero thru FW
    Favorite VH Song

One Sky Control Movies
    Last Online

09.15.19 @ 04:30 PM
    Liked 721 Times in 463 Posts

[QUOTE=AFU;2247477]Send it back. That's a ridiculous mistake. I got mine about a month ago. After waiting over eight months! I was mad it took so long. If it wasn't right I'd probably drive to Arizona and slap somebody. Not sure if the pic shows it. But I think the dot neck is lame and boring looking when compared to the block inlays. New Signature Wolf makes my Stealth seem bland looking altogether. I may sell it. I'm also convinced the block inlays add resonance to the neck. When tapping the neck sounds different. Almost hollow in a good way. Like the finger board is more lively.

LOL!
    There's always one in the bunch

I think the Stealth is supposed to be bland, compared to the Signature.

SNAFU

But you should sell it if you must
    Why behave in public...if you're livin' on a playground !

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

07.25.19 @ 02:58 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 29 Posts

I do love the block inlays, it is a real tough decision. As of right now I am leaning toward keeping it. The guitar is real killer good. If I could inspect the replacement I'd prob9bly do it but I brought it from zzounds so it would be a sight unseen replacement which makes me real nervous. I dont want to go down the rabbit hole of guitar swapping. Funny, I was just commenting to a friend that nobody said send it back.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Love Walks In
    Last Online

Donít listen to those clowns. Keep it!

Last Online

09.14.19 @ 12:22 PM
    Liked 432 Times in 259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikew9788 View Post
    I do love the block inlays, it is a real tough decision. As of right now I am leaning toward keeping it. The guitar is real killer good. If I could inspect the replacement I'd prob9bly do it but I brought it from zzounds so it would be a sight unseen replacement which makes me real nervous. I dont want to go down the rabbit hole of guitar swapping. Funny, I was just commenting to a friend that nobody said send it back.
    I'll agree that if you like it keep it I guess. The Signature is supposed to be a cut above the rest. I'd bet a new one would be just as good. Or! Since EVH f'd up ask them to just replace the neck. Easier for them and cheaper for them. It's probably what they will do anyway. It's a lot of money to not get what you wanted. Ed's guitar. I would have sent it back. Either way keep rocking bro!
    VH III is Ed's solo album. So everybody who keeps saying they wish he'd do one needs to stfu and listen to III. Then stfu again.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Love Walks In
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by AFU View Post
    Send it back. That's a ridiculous mistake. I got mine about a month ago. After waiting over eight months! I was mad it took so long. If it wasn't right I'd probably drive to Arizona and slap somebody. Not sure if the pic shows it. But I think the dot neck is lame and boring looking when compared to the block inlays. New Signature Wolf makes my Stealth seem bland looking altogether. I may sell it. I'm also convinced the block inlays add resonance to the neck. When tapping the neck sounds different. Almost hollow in a good way. Like the finger board is more lively.

Both are beautiful guitars, but I like your Stealth better.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 7,809 Times in 3,916 Posts

Donor

Keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

09.17.19 @ 09:43 AM
    Liked 2,067 Times in 961 Posts

If you decide to swap it, swap it for a Stealth.... It might rock up with the block inlays...
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

09.17.19 @ 05:49 AM
    Liked 314 Times in 182 Posts

Premium Member

You may be able to have them send a replacement 1st, then try them back-to-back & keep the one that you prefer. Or maybe just request a replacement neck if you've already bonded with the guitar....Best of luck with whatever you decide
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

The problem with returning it is zzounds return policy is that I send this one back and they inspect it, then send me a replacement. I'm going to contact evh again and see if I could get a replacement neck. Then I could have the Best of Both Worlds no pun intended. If a replacement neck is issued will it have the same serial number? I will ask evh.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

The plot thickens. I just got off the phone with zzounds and this item has been placed on backorder despite them showing 5 in stock. I'm going to be put in touch with someone from zzounds warehouse on Tues when they reopen to find out if all of them have the same error. If they all have the same error I think that will give me more leverage with EVH to get a replacement neck without returning my guitar. Also if they are all messed up and backordered it could take months to get a replacement. Right now I'm really hoping I can get a replacement neck and be done with it. I really do like the block inlays but mine looks nice with the dots too. I feel like it's a decision I shouldn't have to make.

Last Online

09.17.19 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 4,481 Times in 1,696 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Most manufacturers, especially Fender, wonít send a major component replacement part without getting the original ďdefectiveĒ part back.

This is also very unlikely to be some large scale mistake. Little slip ups like this have made it out of the factory in the past.

If you donít like the dots then just see what Zzounds can do about swapping it for another guitar on Tuesday. Or just enjoy the guitar you have since you said it sounds and plays well. Heck, you didnít even notice the dots at first.