I don't think you should need the truss rod tightened all the way. The setup method I typically use is as follows:

1) Place a capo on the first fret and fret the low E-string on the 22nd fret with your right hand. This makes the low E-string into a "straightedge"
2) With your left hand, check the distance between the low E-string and the 8th fret. It should be between 0.005 inches and 0.015 inches. I like to use a business card, as these are typically around 0.010 inches. You can also use feeler gauges if you have appropriately sized ones.
3) If the clearance is too high, your neck has too much forward bow (which makes your action higher than necessary) and you need to loosen the truss rod. If your clearance is too low (less than about 0.005) your neck does not have enough forward bow, which will make your guitar buzz unless your action is ridiculously high, so maybe this is actually your problem?

Only adjust the truss rod a half-turn at most at a time, and leave the guitar alone for 30 minutes or an hour after adjusting this so the neck can stabilize.

You MUST get the neck relief set before you move on to any other steps. The next step is getting the proper bridge height and neck angle.

1) Move the bridge up and down relative to the guitar body until your action is what you like. This can be kind of a pain to do on Wolfgangs, and if you have to raise the bridge too high you will need to block the Floyd Rose.
2) If the bridge is flat against the body but your action is still too high, you may need to shim the neck. Put a thin piece of sandpaper or business card in the end of the neck pocket closest to the bridge, which will angle the neck back and lower your action. It may take a few tries to get this right, and even a very thin shim goes a LONG way. See the following picture for an example:

3) I have had a few guitars where the neck had too much of an angle, so I actually needed to raise the bridge up off the body and block the trem. If you don't want to do that, an alternative is to shim the neck on the other end of the pocket, although this looks kind of ugly and it can cause neck shifting issues.

If you can't get your guitar playing right with this procedure, there is probably something deeper wrong with it. Hope this helps!