Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2734353637383940 LastLast
    Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

06.18.19 @ 11:31 AM
    Liked 2,521 Times in 1,198 Posts

The only thing we know for sure, that is not rumor, is that Dave said he 'just had' a spinal fusion, and he said he'll likely need another procedure 'after the next tour'.

Those take months to recover from, especially at his age and what he (wants to) return to doing every other night. That could easily be why he isn't rattling the cage to get out there in the midst of any time limiting illness we aren't likely to find out about for a long time.

Or, more likely it could be THE "illness" that caused the postponement of summer 2019 plans.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Balance/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being/Dirty Movies
    Last Online

06.08.19 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 66 Times in 44 Posts

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx2ffyyDoU7/

not sure if this was already posted somewhere else but sammy posted this yesterday

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

06.12.19 @ 06:43 AM
    Liked 910 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5F1U5C0K View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx2ffyyDoU7/

not sure if this was already posted somewhere else but sammy posted this yesterday
    WTF????

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Seems to me if Sam wants to resolve the bad blood that exists with Eddie, he should stop rehashing the lowest and probably painful time of Eddies life when asked in public forums. (Iím referring to the recent interviews he and Mike did when his book came up.) He could have just taken the high road and said ďIve written about that and given many interviews. Iíd like to move past that now and focus on the positiveĒ or something to this effect. This clearly is unfinished business on his end.

6. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

06.18.19 @ 03:32 PM
    Liked 880 Times in 471 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Destructo3 View Post
    Seems to me if Sam wants to resolve the bad blood that exists with Eddie, he should stop rehashing the lowest and probably painful time of Eddies life when asked in public forums. (Iím referring to the recent interviews he and Mike did when his book came up.) He could have just taken the high road and said ďIve written about that and given many interviews. Iíd like to move past that now and focus on the positiveĒ or something to this effect. This clearly is unfinished business on his end.
    didn't rehash the bad times...in fact, it was quite the opposite. He posted the same pic on Facebook with this caption:

Woke up this morning remembering another time I had an album in the top five Flashback to 2004. Van Halen Best of Both Worlds Reunion Tour one of those special moments when it felt like old times with one of my favorite band/songwriting partners. #5150 #ou812 #forunlawfulcarnalknowledge #balance #flashbackfriday
    It was totally positive, but leave it to this place to go right for the bad stuff, lol
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Pacfanweb View Post
    didn't rehash the bad times...in fact, it was quite the opposite. He posted the same pic on Facebook with this caption:

It was totally positive, but leave it to this place to go right for the bad stuff, lol
    No, thatís not what Iím referring to. I read that and agree itís unbelievably positive and reflects what appears to be real desire to mend fences. However, a month or so ago he and Mike were on radio if Iím not mistaken promoting his new songs and of course VH came up. This is when he was asked about the dirt in his book AGAIN and he didnít dodge the question. He freely repeated what we have all heard a million times now.

Donít get me wrong, Eddie WAS fucked up. But would you want to reconcile friendship with someone who kept repeating to the world how fucked up and out if your mind you were now 14 plus year later? Tough one...

10. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

06.18.19 @ 02:46 PM
    Liked 3,468 Times in 2,155 Posts

Donor

Poor Eddie.

Making excuses for the addict lifestyle is foolish. The bad blood is pretty obviously on Eddie. Duh.

Making amends is part of the sobriety process.

The only reason Sammy gets noticed regarding VH by fans is 'cause he's out and about, doing press, making appearances, touring, and getting asked over and over. If Eddie was out and about, doing press, he'd be tossing shade same to anyone estranged from the immediate circles. Oh, that's right. He did. Apart from a blurb in Golf Magazine and the Smithsonian gig, which was coached in advance, the last significant interview Eddie actually did was Billboard in '15. Among the poor bastard nuggets gleaned from said interview:

Doesn't listen to Pantera, even though he showed up for Dimebag's funeral.
    Slagged Gary for his Travolta dress-up.
    Talked about the metal picks over the smoking for the cancer thing.
    Slagged Dave for not being his 'pal' and not acting his age and preferring dance music.
    Slagged Ted for DITS and basically any pre-studio 5150 suggestions.
    Pissed all over Mike, both bass playing and vocals.

And that was just the stuff the writer decided to publish, which almost certainly wasn't the worst things he said.

Ed can say whatever he wants. So can Sammy, so can Dave. If they really wanna stop hearing about hash in the press, all they gotta do is call up and work it out, man to man, like adults are supposed to do. Grudges are for kiddies and pussies. Everybody's guilty in this tango save for Gary and Mike. If you're 50 plus and still carrying grudges for anyone, you gotta reassess your life choices, obviously.

It's pretty clear that Sammy isn't grudging, he's lamenting. Ed is grudging. If I had to guess, I seriously doubt Al is grudging. Dave, he doesn't care about being pals with Eddie or Sammy or Mike or Al, he's always been his own man and he just wants to hear the crowd roar. And it seems as if he's gonna go do it in Vegas again, because he's tried to fire up the machine twice to no avail.

It's wise for him to cut out at this point, if he wants to do anything before permanent retirement. Can't just sit on your ass waiting for things that might or might not happen.

Hopefully he'll leave the vaudeville stuff in the closet, work out some good session players and fire up a power set for a residency at the House of Blues at Mandalay.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Poor Eddie.

Making excuses for the addict lifestyle is foolish. The bad blood is pretty obviously on Eddie. Duh.

Making amends is part of the sobriety process.

The only reason Sammy gets noticed regarding VH by fans is 'cause he's out and about, doing press, making appearances, touring, and getting asked over and over. If Eddie was out and about, doing press, he'd be tossing shade same to anyone estranged from the immediate circles. Oh, that's right. He did. Apart from a blurb in Golf Magazine and the Smithsonian gig, which was coached in advance, the last significant interview Eddie actually did was Billboard in '15. Among the poor bastard nuggets gleaned from said interview:

Doesn't listen to Pantera, even though he showed up for Dimebag's funeral.
    Slagged Gary for his Travolta dress-up.
    Talked about the metal picks over the smoking for the cancer thing.
    Slagged Dave for not being his 'pal' and not acting his age and preferring dance music.
    Slagged Ted for DITS and basically any pre-studio 5150 suggestions.
    Pissed all over Mike, both bass playing and vocals.

And that was just the stuff the writer decided to publish, which almost certainly wasn't the worst things he said.

Ed can say whatever he wants. So can Sammy, so can Dave. If they really wanna stop hearing about hash in the press, all they gotta do is call up and work it out, man to man, like adults are supposed to do. Grudges are for kiddies and pussies. Everybody's guilty in this tango save for Gary and Mike. If you're 50 plus and still carrying grudges for anyone, you gotta reassess your life choices, obviously.

It's pretty clear that Sammy isn't grudging, he's lamenting. Ed is grudging. If I had to guess, I seriously doubt Al is grudging. Dave, he doesn't care about being pals with Eddie or Sammy or Mike or Al, he's always been his own man and he just wants to hear the crowd roar. And it seems as if he's gonna go do it in Vegas again, because he's tried to fire up the machine twice to no avail.

It's wise for him to cut out at this point, if he wants to do anything before permanent retirement. Can't just sit on your ass waiting for things that might or might not happen.

Hopefully he'll leave the vaudeville stuff in the closet, work out some good session players and fire up a power set for a residency at the House of Blues at Mandalay.

Not poor Eddie. Just playing arm chair psychologist. If my life were public, I canít imagine how easy it would be to tear me to shreds from the outside looking in. Price of fame...

Last Online

Donor

Not poor Eddie. Just playing arm chair psychologist. If my life were public, I canít imagine how easy it would be to tear me to shreds from the outside looking in. Price of fame...
    As easy as it is, I suppose, to tear Mike to shreds for no reason whatsoever to Billboard magazine. Price of hubris....

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

I will never understand the treatment of Mike. We all agree on that. (At least I think.) Brutal.

Last Online

Donor

Pointless, unwarranted, unacceptable, outright lies.

Juvenile.

Embarrassment.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

06.18.19 @ 03:32 PM
    Liked 880 Times in 471 Posts

Donor

No, that’s not what I’m referring to. I read that and agree it’s unbelievably positive and reflects what appears to be real desire to mend fences. However, a month or so ago he and Mike were on radio if I’m not mistaken promoting his new songs and of course VH came up. This is when he was asked about the dirt in his book AGAIN and he didn’t dodge the question. He freely repeated what we have all heard a million times now.

Don’t get me wrong, Eddie WAS fucked up. But would you want to reconcile friendship with someone who kept repeating to the world how fucked up and out if your mind you were now 14 plus year later? Tough one...
    Good point, and here's one from the other side:

How about your former friend keeps talking about these things...so obviously they were hurt/affected greatly by them, right?

So maybe you're a decent human being and you reach out and say "Dude, I see you keep talking about these things and I've never apologized or even accepted responsibility for them, so from the bottom of my heart, I am truly sorry for the way I was back then. I hope you can get past it, whether we ever hang out again or not" ??

Or something to that effect.

Hell, my ex wife reached out years later (like 12 years IIRC) and apologized for the way things went at the end, which were nearly 100% on her. Said she realized I might not accept it but hoped I could forgive her.
    Now at that point I was remarried and had 2 kids and hadn't given a great big goddam about her in YEARS....but still, it touched me and was a very nice gesture. Gave some closure that I didn't even realize I needed.

So yeah, in some way these dudes need to make things right...I think it'd help Eddie as much as it'd help Sam and Mike....all of them are living the good life and are fine, but I guarantee if they just got together and and had a cookout (no such thing as "having a barbecue, barbecue is pork) it would do wonders for all of them.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

19. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

06.18.19 @ 07:51 AM
    Liked 23,389 Times in 13,302 Posts

Premium Member

In most cases, the person who apologizes is as big a benefactor as the party to whom the apology is given.

A little Christian riff for the inner ear on a May Sunday.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

21. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Pacfanweb View Post
    Good point, and here's one from the other side:

How about your former friend keeps talking about these things...so obviously they were hurt/affected greatly by them, right?

So maybe you're a decent human being and you reach out and say "Dude, I see you keep talking about these things and I've never apologized or even accepted responsibility for them, so from the bottom of my heart, I am truly sorry for the way I was back then. I hope you can get past it, whether we ever hang out again or not" ??

Or something to that effect.

Hell, my ex wife reached out years later (like 12 years IIRC) and apologized for the way things went at the end, which were nearly 100% on her. Said she realized I might not accept it but hoped I could forgive her.
    Now at that point I was remarried and had 2 kids and hadn't given a great big goddam about her in YEARS....but still, it touched me and was a very nice gesture. Gave some closure that I didn't even realize I needed.

So yeah, in some way these dudes need to make things right...I think it'd help Eddie as much as it'd help Sam and Mike....all of them are living the good life and are fine, but I guarantee if they just got together and and had a cookout (no such thing as "having a barbecue, barbecue is pork) it would do wonders for all of them.
    Lifeís a trip sometimes. A lot of people donít posses the ability to reflect back and own their mistakes like you. Great story.

I would be the definition of an Eddie ďapologistĒ to argue against your point. Your are 100 percent correct. As a fan and human being, I wish Eddie would do just that. Itís both frustrating and disappointing. It fucking sucks.

He also owes Mike an apology while we are at it. Thatís life for a tortured VH fan right?

I visit this site (and have since 1997 roughly) to check for updates on VH, news, interesting discussion, etc. I DONíT come here to bash members of my favorite band. Itís a waste of time and frankly Iíd rather spend time focusing on a million positive things going on in my life. Sometimes you get sucked in when thereís so much silence from the VH camp...

Anyway, thanks for the intelligent and constructive response.
    Last edited by Destructo3; 05.26.19 at 09:46 AM.

23. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Super Seven
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/I'm the One
    Last Online

06.02.19 @ 09:56 PM
    Liked 605 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    The next time Eddie Trunk is right about anything with regards to Van Halen will be the first time.
    Only thing heís ever been right about was the first four Van Halen albums were untouchable. Thatís it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. The Following Member Likes This Post: