The Classic ones
    Favorite VH Song

From RWTD to HOP
    Last Online

07.11.19 @ 03:40 AM
    Liked 457 Times in 305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    You're a really good drummer, Simon!
    Super heavy stuff really isn't my thing, but you guys did it very well. Some talented dudes there.

Very cool you got to be on a Headbanger's Ball type show. Those must've been fun times.

That first video was scaring me. The guitarist were coming so close to hitting each other in the face with their guitars.
    Sounded great though!
    Hehehehehehehe! Right on, PoP! It has to be a miracle that video shoot didn't end with a tragedy like someone hitting each other or their heads into their headstock instruments. After we filmed it, we stood still not believing those scenes! If I remember that well, it was 01 take and nothing else for the video. I wasn't at the edition day so we only had that tape and the use of effects to make something worthful.

And many thanks for the compliments!!!
    TT: "Wow, you can play acoustic guitar?"
    EVH: "Sure. What's the difference? It's got six strings... It's a guitar!" - 31.12.1978

"Van Halen is entertainment. Van Halen is entertainment delivered at maximum impact, but it's entertainment." DLR

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Classic ones
    Favorite VH Song

From RWTD to HOP
    Last Online

07.11.19 @ 03:40 AM
    Liked 457 Times in 305 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyBoy View Post
    Right! And maybe you got to at least be nearby while his success happened, so you have some idea of what it must be like.

Do you also find that sometimes the best players are the ones who stay in their house and don't seem to do anything with their talent, or wreck their own future with drugs and such? Many of the best people I've known seem scared of their own talent and it's impossible to convince them to even perform in public, or to take what they're doing to the next level. Right now I'm trying to get this keyboard guy I know who plays jazz fusion to jam with a popular local guitar player, but I can tell he's digging in his heels and finding reasons not to do it already.
    I think it's a natural thing - see your buddy doing fine in something you'd like to be succeed as well and somehow you find yourself far from this person since life has it way and we gotta move on doing our best and stuff.

In regards to the best, most talented musician and the way to deal with this in the present or future, I’d refer to a saying we have here in Brazil: “Things don’t happen by mere chance or accident!”, which may be interpreted as something similar to “If it is to be, it will be!”. In this context, I’d include our idol EVH and several nights in which he stayed alone in his room, playing and recording what would be the soundtrack of our lives, with only one pack of six beers while his brother went out to meet girls and returned, only to see his younger brother sitting on the same place, playing the same riffs and drinking the last beer. IF EVH decided not to show what he had and never play in a band, nothing of what we now discuss would ever exist. Therefore, in my humble opinion, some things happen because they just had to be and it was meant to be for him to write the music, join other musicians and trail the path to success in which he achieved. To the majority of us, success did not arrive and maybe because it was not our destiny or maybe even because, for some reason pre-established, we were not able to support the pressure and everything else that comes along this road. I even remember to read EVH saying that he never planned to be a rock star, but it happened to him. Oh, and last but not least; practise makes perfect.
    TT: "Wow, you can play acoustic guitar?"
    EVH: "Sure. What's the difference? It's got six strings... It's a guitar!" - 31.12.1978

"Van Halen is entertainment. Van Halen is entertainment delivered at maximum impact, but it's entertainment." DLR

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

07.14.19 @ 09:50 PM
    Liked 4,091 Times in 2,560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Hehehehehehehe! Right on, PoP! It has to be a miracle that video shoot didn't end with a tragedy like someone hitting each other or their heads into their headstock instruments. After we filmed it, we stood still not believing those scenes! If I remember that well, it was 01 take and nothing else for the video. I wasn't at the edition day so we only had that tape and the use of effects to make something worthful.

And many thanks for the compliments!!!
    LOL. Funny stuff. Thanks, Simon.

5. The Following Member Likes This Post: