Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Good Enough right-here-i-say's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.04
    Location
    Orlando FL
    Posts
    1,593
    Last Online

    10.16.19 @ 03:57 PM
    Likes
    309
    Liked 238 Times in 123 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Am I the only one who is really, really looking forward to this?
    It's all we have to look forward to VH related.
    Right here I say....

  2. #17
    Eruption
    Join Date
    06.02.02
    Age
    52
    Location
    japan
    Posts
    855
    Favorite VH Album

    VH 1 & 1984 & ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    In a simple rhyme
    Last Online

    10.16.19 @ 07:39 PM
    Likes
    2,193
    Liked 287 Times in 130 Posts

    Default

    So, a one minute promo for a 14 minute film? haha.

    Thanks... I think!

    Cheers,
    mrC
    *Follow my ubiquitous audio/video/composing/production mishaps, with & without The OBViOUS ... often resulting in hilarious musical consequnces:

    http://www.facebook.com/mrChristopherTV
    http://www.facebook.com/theobviouscom

    ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶

  3. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  4. #18
    Sinner's Swing! DFVH5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,960
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams
    Last Online

    10.16.19 @ 09:06 PM
    Likes
    3,074
    Liked 1,320 Times in 847 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Am I the only one who is really, really looking forward to this?
    Me too movement!
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

    Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 9x
    DAVE SOLO: 13x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

  5. #19
    Eruption xk319's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.10.07
    Posts
    981
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    10.16.19 @ 02:46 PM
    Likes
    1,065
    Liked 575 Times in 256 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrchristopher View Post
    So, a one minute promo for a 14 minute film? haha.

    Thanks... I think!

    Cheers,
    mrC
    This is really pretty damn funny. The current state of the VH fan lol.

  6. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  7. #20
    Baluchitherium Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.28.12
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    4,557
    Favorite VH Album

    all 7
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

    10.12.19 @ 07:52 AM
    Likes
    1,932
    Liked 2,736 Times in 1,261 Posts

    Default

    Whoops. Edit ��.

    ( I thought this Vimeo mini doc was it but see now its a different one from before) NM. My bad.

    Last edited by Heisenberg; 07.31.19 at 10:43 PM.

  8. #21
    Hot For Teacher halensfi's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.03.12
    Age
    48
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    256
    Favorite VH Album

    all of the dave era
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    10.16.19 @ 06:40 AM
    Likes
    48
    Liked 122 Times in 69 Posts

    Default

    Boy, watching that video puts a big smile on my face. That is the band I fell in love with. I remember asking my mom to go to this concert, and she just gave me the look. I was 12. I knew that meant no. My first VH concert was in 86 with Sammy, my dad took me, but I felt down that I was unable to see this 84 show. It would have been epic. Were these guys the shit or what. Those painters caps were so cool. I think they had them from the 82 and 84 tours.

  9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  10. #22
    Eruption Simon Ribeiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.19.04
    Location
    Badlands / Brazil
    Posts
    1,104
    Favorite VH Album

    The Classic ones
    Favorite VH Song

    From RWTD to HOP
    Last Online

    10.16.19 @ 10:48 AM
    Likes
    4,042
    Liked 678 Times in 456 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halensfi View Post
    Boy, watching that video puts a big smile on my face. That is the band I fell in love with. I remember asking my mom to go to this concert, and she just gave me the look. I was 12. I knew that meant no. My first VH concert was in 86 with Sammy, my dad took me, but I felt down that I was unable to see this 84 show. It would have been epic. Were these guys the shit or what. Those painters caps were so cool. I think they had them from the 82 and 84 tours.
    I feel your pain. I could not see them live in 1983 for the South American Attack (part of the 1982/83 HYS World Tour).
    TT: "Wow, you can play acoustic guitar?"
    EVH: "Sure. What's the difference? It's got six strings... It's a guitar!" - 31.12.1978
    ___________________________________

    "Van Halen is entertainment. Van Halen is entertainment delivered at maximum impact, but it's entertainment." DLR

  11. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  12. #23
    On Fire
    Join Date
    05.19.00
    Location
    Concord NH, USA
    Posts
    405
    Favorite VH Album

    VH-II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl gone bad/Dreams live
    Last Online

    10.14.19 @ 04:35 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 201 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halensfi View Post
    Boy, watching that video puts a big smile on my face. That is the band I fell in love with. I remember asking my mom to go to this concert, and she just gave me the look. I was 12. I knew that meant no. My first VH concert was in 86 with Sammy, my dad took me, but I felt down that I was unable to see this 84 show. It would have been epic. Were these guys the shit or what. Those painters caps were so cool. I think they had them from the 82 and 84 tours.
    I have almost the exact same story. I became a huge VH fan and a drummer in the summer of 1982 when I was 11. Alex was my idol and I'll never forget when VH came to Worcester Mass for the 1984 tour. I was 13 and begged my parents to go but the concert was almost two hours away as I live in NH. My mom said to me that she didn't know how concerts and tours worked but she figured that the next time VH came through I would be old enough to drive myself. I distinctly remember telling her that I needed to see THIS concert as I feared something would be different next time.

    I did get to go to the Centrum the next time in 1986. Make no mistake as the show was incredible and I loved it. I just can't believe that after all the years I have been a VH fan(getting close to 40 years) I have never seen the original 4 on stage together. That is byond sad IMO and should never have happened. Great to see this video though. If I were to have been Kurt's age(ironically my name IS Kurt) and went through what he did, I probably would not have made it out alive. One night with Alex back in those days probably would have done me in! I would have died to see his set up close though. the original 1970's silver sparkle set from the first tour and the 84 tour set are my favorites.
    "What do you expect from a guy who makes his living beating things with a stick!"-EVH

  13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  14. #24
    Good Enough mike zack's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    43
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,623
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    10.16.19 @ 05:39 PM
    Likes
    253
    Liked 846 Times in 403 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Anyone have the link full the full one?
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

  15. #25
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    07.06.09
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    200
    Favorite VH Album

    II
    Last Online

    10.15.19 @ 08:33 PM
    Likes
    338
    Liked 214 Times in 87 Posts

    Default

    Van Halen - "MTV's Lost Weekend With Van Halen" + Outtakes 1 Hour version


  16. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  17. #26
    Baluchitherium Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.28.12
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    4,557
    Favorite VH Album

    all 7
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

    10.12.19 @ 07:52 AM
    Likes
    1,932
    Liked 2,736 Times in 1,261 Posts

    Default

    Not sure if it's common knowledge or not, but I don't recall knowing about this.

    I was just checking out the new Backstage Auctions preview of VH stuff from their old publicist Steven Mandell & saw this lot showing MTV wanted to do a full length movie based upon the Lost Weekend. The full proposed movie script is up for auction next week.

    Here's the link you can see a few scans & read the description.

    https://www.backstageauctions.com/ca...ce/ai/0/32687/



    Category: VAN HALEN
    Type of Collectible: Paper Goods - Misc.
    Decade or Genre: Metal
    Starting Bid: $150.00
    Auction is Currently in Preview Only. Bidding will begin on the Auction Start Date.

    When MTV announced its "lost Weekend With Van Halen" contest in early 1984, the network received over one million postcard entries for a chance to spend three days with the band during their 1984 tour. The lottery eventually found two fans from Pennsylvania who were flown to Detroit where they 'barely survived' the April 5 & 6 shows at the Cobo Arena. Featured here is an original letter from MTV from December 21, 1983 expressing interest in booking Van Halen for the 'Lost Weekend' show, a copy of a letter from MTV dated February 6, 1984 regarding a promotional TV spot by David Lee Roth, as well as an original 2-page itinerary from April 5th for the Pennsylvania price winner and entourage.

    The subsequent airing of the 'Lost Weekend' episode resulted in such high viewer ratings that MTV pitched a "Lost Weekend" major motion picture deal to the band. Featured here is the original 112-page movie script, which is a hilarious read. The movie makes David Lee Roth the main character (no surprise there) but turmoil within the band and the split from Van Halen by Roth were the main reason that this movie never happened. For Van Halen fans this are phenomenal and prestigious pieces of memorabilia to own!

    The script and correspondence comes from the private collection of Steven Mandel, one of the premier music industry publicists between 1979 and 1994. Throughout his career Mandel worked for The Press Office, Rogers & Cowan, record companies and directly for bands and artists, including Van Halen, David Lee Roth, David Bowie, Wham, George Michael, Beastie Boys, Pink Floyd and many others. A certificate of Authenticity - signed by Steven Mandel - will be included with this lot.

    Bookmark and Share



    < Lot #1861 Lot #1863 >




    Also- David was offered 7 movie roles in 1985 including Gung Ho directed by Ron Howard. ( Michael Keaton)

    You can see the Ron Howard corespondence scans. Gung Ho was a good movie. Not sure what role Dave was offered.

    https://www.backstageauctions.com/ca...ts/ai/0/32703/


    Category: VAN HALEN
    Type of Collectible: Paper Goods - Misc.
    Decade or Genre: Metal
    Starting Bid: $100.00
    Auction is Currently in Preview Only. Bidding will begin on the Auction Start Date.

    Diamond Dave was a "Hot" commodity in 1985. Topping the charts and ruling TV screens around the world made him highly sought-after. Featured here is a lot of seven original movie scripts, each with original cover letters, offering Roth lead and supporting acting roles. All scripts are dated from 1985 and include "Gung Ho" (by Ron Howard), "And Many More" (by Anita Jaguden Spencer), "How To Be A Man" (by Bob Keeshan), "Space High" (by B.J. Nelson), "Halftime Heroes" (by Tab Murphy), "Easy Street" (by C.S. Jett) and "Of Mice And Meeses" (by John Steinbeck).

    The scripts in this lot are in excellent condition and come from the private collection of Steven Mandel, one of the premier music industry publicists between 1979 and 1994. Throughout his career Mandel worked for The Press Office, Rogers & Cowan, record companies and directly for bands and artists, including Van Halen, David Lee Roth, David Bowie, Wham, George Michael, Beastie Boys, Pink Floyd and many others. A certificate of Authenticity - signed by Steven Mandel - will be included with this lot.

    Bookmark and Share
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 10.12.19 at 06:44 AM.

  18. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  19. #27
    Eruption xk319's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.10.07
    Posts
    981
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    10.16.19 @ 02:46 PM
    Likes
    1,065
    Liked 575 Times in 256 Posts

    Default

    Interesting, never knew about the offered movie roles, any of them. Perhaps those who say Dave was crazy and egotistic for saying he wanted to be a movie star are wrong.

  20. #28
    Sinner's Swing! DFVH5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,960
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams
    Last Online

    10.16.19 @ 09:06 PM
    Likes
    3,074
    Liked 1,320 Times in 847 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Not sure if it's common knowledge or not, but I don't recall knowing about this.

    I was just checking out the new Backstage Auctions preview of VH stuff from their old publicist Steven Mandell & saw this lot showing MTV wanted to do a full length movie based upon the Lost Weekend. The full proposed movie script is up for auction next week.

    Here's the link you can see a few scans & read the description.

    https://www.backstageauctions.com/ca...ce/ai/0/32687/



    Category: VAN HALEN
    Type of Collectible: Paper Goods - Misc.
    Decade or Genre: Metal
    Starting Bid: $150.00
    Auction is Currently in Preview Only. Bidding will begin on the Auction Start Date.

    When MTV announced its "lost Weekend With Van Halen" contest in early 1984, the network received over one million postcard entries for a chance to spend three days with the band during their 1984 tour. The lottery eventually found two fans from Pennsylvania who were flown to Detroit where they 'barely survived' the April 5 & 6 shows at the Cobo Arena. Featured here is an original letter from MTV from December 21, 1983 expressing interest in booking Van Halen for the 'Lost Weekend' show, a copy of a letter from MTV dated February 6, 1984 regarding a promotional TV spot by David Lee Roth, as well as an original 2-page itinerary from April 5th for the Pennsylvania price winner and entourage.

    The subsequent airing of the 'Lost Weekend' episode resulted in such high viewer ratings that MTV pitched a "Lost Weekend" major motion picture deal to the band. Featured here is the original 112-page movie script, which is a hilarious read. The movie makes David Lee Roth the main character (no surprise there) but turmoil within the band and the split from Van Halen by Roth were the main reason that this movie never happened. For Van Halen fans this are phenomenal and prestigious pieces of memorabilia to own!

    The script and correspondence comes from the private collection of Steven Mandel, one of the premier music industry publicists between 1979 and 1994. Throughout his career Mandel worked for The Press Office, Rogers & Cowan, record companies and directly for bands and artists, including Van Halen, David Lee Roth, David Bowie, Wham, George Michael, Beastie Boys, Pink Floyd and many others. A certificate of Authenticity - signed by Steven Mandel - will be included with this lot.

    Bookmark and Share



    < Lot #1861 Lot #1863 >




    Also- David was offered 7 movie roles in 1985 including Gung Ho directed by Ron Howard. ( Michael Keaton)

    You can see the Ron Howard corespondence scans. Gung Ho was a good movie. Not sure what role Dave was offered.

    https://www.backstageauctions.com/ca...ts/ai/0/32703/


    Category: VAN HALEN
    Type of Collectible: Paper Goods - Misc.
    Decade or Genre: Metal
    Starting Bid: $100.00
    Auction is Currently in Preview Only. Bidding will begin on the Auction Start Date.

    Diamond Dave was a "Hot" commodity in 1985. Topping the charts and ruling TV screens around the world made him highly sought-after. Featured here is a lot of seven original movie scripts, each with original cover letters, offering Roth lead and supporting acting roles. All scripts are dated from 1985 and include "Gung Ho" (by Ron Howard), "And Many More" (by Anita Jaguden Spencer), "How To Be A Man" (by Bob Keeshan), "Space High" (by B.J. Nelson), "Halftime Heroes" (by Tab Murphy), "Easy Street" (by C.S. Jett) and "Of Mice And Meeses" (by John Steinbeck).

    The scripts in this lot are in excellent condition and come from the private collection of Steven Mandel, one of the premier music industry publicists between 1979 and 1994. Throughout his career Mandel worked for The Press Office, Rogers & Cowan, record companies and directly for bands and artists, including Van Halen, David Lee Roth, David Bowie, Wham, George Michael, Beastie Boys, Pink Floyd and many others. A certificate of Authenticity - signed by Steven Mandel - will be included with this lot.

    Bookmark and Share
    Holy fuck!!!!!
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

    Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 9x
    DAVE SOLO: 13x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

  21. #29
    Sinner's Swing! DFVH5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,960
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams
    Last Online

    10.16.19 @ 09:06 PM
    Likes
    3,074
    Liked 1,320 Times in 847 Posts

    Default

    When's that auction start? I can't tell.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

    Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 9x
    DAVE SOLO: 13x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

  22. #30
    Sinner's Swing! DFVH5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,960
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams
    Last Online

    10.16.19 @ 09:06 PM
    Likes
    3,074
    Liked 1,320 Times in 847 Posts

    Default

    Checked out all of those flicks and "Gung Ho" was the only one made. "Easy Street" was a TV show with Loni Anderson around that time in '86 that lasted a season but that creator/writer was not in the credits so I'm sure it had nothing to do with it.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

    Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 9x
    DAVE SOLO: 13x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Lost Weekend footage
    By cooldrewb in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12.09.12, 11:53 AM
  2. 1984 lost weekend on MTV.
    By johnnybeane in forum Van Halen On The Tube
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09.04.10, 07:19 PM
  3. MTV LOST WEEKEND 1984
    By ED-A-HOLIC in forum Van Halen On The Tube
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08.08.08, 06:18 AM
  4. MTVS LOST WEEKEND W/VH
    By TonyButrico in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01.16.07, 04:36 AM
  5. MTV Lost Weekend Special
    By chippertheripper in forum Bootleg Network
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11.07.02, 11:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •