Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

04.24.19 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 1,354 Times in 912 Posts

They used that 2007 DVD footage to map out the VH guitar hero game.

The one where Wolfgang was playing a decade before he was born.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 06:34 PM
    Liked 22,521 Times in 12,829 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    They used that 2007 DVD footage to map out the VH guitar hero game.

The one where Wolfgang was playing a decade before he was born.
    Wow. He really IS talented!
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

3. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

04.16.19 @ 01:25 PM
    Liked 61 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NDL View Post
    I've never met Ed, but anyone that has, says that he is very humble regarding his work.

I wonder if his sense of humility causes for him to undervalue his work; certainly, this would lead him to think that his fans "take Van Halen more seriously than he does."

His humility would likewise cause him to think that we're clinging to the band to preserve our youth.

With that as a backdrop, I wonder what influence my fellow Linkers have, on the direction that the band takes?

At first glance, everyone's answer would be "none."

However, Roth is clearly fried, and as a result the band's output has dwindled to nothing. The only reason why Roth is in the band, is because Ed thinks that the fans won't tolerate his replacement.

There's a part of me that can't help but feel, if we got together in support of a new direction for the band, it might give them the courage to move in a different direction.

"Nah dude; Ed's in semi retirement, enjoying life."

If you really believe that, consider: what if the band's relationship with Sam never dwindled? Given Sam's propensity to put himself out there, do you really think that Ed would've put himself in semi retirement with Sam fronting the band? Perhaps they would've slowed down, but do you not think that they'd have continued putting our new material?

Of course they would have.

The real issue here, is their aversion to working with Roth. They can't work with him, so they don't. And they only employ Roth, because they see him as having no substitute with the fans.

That's where we come in
    There is so much that is so very, very, wrong with the above, and quite honestly it's always the same tired words regarding Roth/VH.

The simple fact of the matter is these are 60+ year old men. End of story. What we were given from 2007+ was due entirely to Wolf. End of story. Roth or Hagar had/have nothing to do with it. The brothers playing again was because of Wolf. Wolf gave us Van Halen. And if you think for one second that Roth came back into the picture without covering his ass, you're insane. Hagar being in Van Halen instead of Roth right now would not change a fucking thing. At all.

There is zero chance that anything on these boards has influence.

As a 52 year old that is still pumping out 8 hour days, my hats are off to Ed, Roth and crew for any kind of "retirement" they seem fit.

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic & Summer Nights
    Last Online

04.20.19 @ 08:42 PM
    Liked 252 Times in 136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
    There is so much that is so very, very, wrong with the above, and quite honestly it's always the same tired words regarding Roth/VH.

The simple fact of the matter is these are 60+ year old men. End of story. What we were given from 2007+ was due entirely to Wolf. End of story. Roth or Hagar had/have nothing to do with it. The brothers playing again was because of Wolf. Wolf gave us Van Halen. And if you think for one second that Roth came back into the picture without covering his ass, you're insane. Hagar being in Van Halen instead of Roth right now would not change a fucking thing. At all.

There is zero chance that anything on these boards has influence.

As a 52 year old that is still pumping out 8 hour days, my hats are off to Ed, Roth and crew for any kind of "retirement" they seem fit.
    What's interesting about your comments, is the degree of certainty with which you spoke.

Since I started the thread, my opinions have changed on a couple of points, while on a couple of points, they remain.

I won't comment further, lest we get into a pissing match, and I have no interest in arguing with anyone.
    "...We've been in this bizarre, VH inflicted musical purgatory for years, just begging for a sign of life. Yet, instead of acknowledging the obvious, we get pictures of this freakin' dog falling asleep.." - Japeape

"I don't think he owes us, and I think few if any do. What we would like is for him to release music, since he is our favorite musician. It's a wish and a hope, not a critique." - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

04.24.19 @ 01:21 AM
    Liked 12,503 Times in 6,772 Posts

Premium Member

Lol, at people who dont like Dave thinking they would be "growing" if Sam was there. Because Sam has always been an adventurous, eclectic trendsetter with his songwriting throughout his career, especially his post VH career.

8. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Lol, at people who dont like Dave thinking they would be "growing" if Sam was there. Because Sam has always been an adventurous, eclectic trendsetter with his songwriting throughout his career, especially his post VH career.
    While I am not a huge fan of Van Hagar, I can't help but feel that the Van Halen's really don't enjoy working with Roth.

Ed was 43 when the band released Van Halen III; it's a shame that one of the world's greatest musicians hasn't contributed anything since. And in saying this, I am not demanding anything of EVH; think that he owes the world anything; making little of his past accomplishments, etc.

Ed Van Halen is my favorite guitarist, in my favorite band, and unlike the 70's and early 80's, there are no other rock bands with a similar degree of creativity, soul, talent, and excellence.
    "...We've been in this bizarre, VH inflicted musical purgatory for years, just begging for a sign of life. Yet, instead of acknowledging the obvious, we get pictures of this freakin' dog falling asleep.." - Japeape

"I don't think he owes us, and I think few if any do. What we would like is for him to release music, since he is our favorite musician. It's a wish and a hope, not a critique." - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 09:27 PM
    Liked 185 Times in 99 Posts

Back in 1988 or (whenever the Monster of Rock tour was) I lived in Spokane, WA and the local rock station started a campaign to get the tour to stop in Spokane. I believe they called it "the positive majority" and we were to all go to 7-11 stores and fill out a postcard. If they got X amount of cards, Van Halen and Co. would deem our mid-size market big enough to make a stop. It was a big deal and dragged out for a while, but eventually the radio station announced the Monsters of Rock tour was coming! VH listened to the positive majority and were coming to Spokane!

At the show, Sammy mentioned the radio station campaign then laughed, "haha we were going to come here anyway."

Point of the story is that they do whatever they want. We don't and never did persuade the band to do anything.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

04.24.19 @ 06:08 AM
    Liked 16,366 Times in 9,247 Posts

Premium Member

No shit. You just have to shake your head. The only growth he’s had is in his waistline.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 05:07 PM
    Liked 355 Times in 154 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post
    No, I don’t remember her.
    Ppl I remember were Pam, Hellfire, Rex, BBB, Jnix, Dr. 5150, Ellen, Yoko, of course, and you I believe Glenn. Didn’t you go by your name there?
    At this hour, those are just a few names I remember. Drop so more names because I’m drawing a blank. Bet I’ll recognize other ones.

We actually had a small VHML con in Houston one year. About 15 ppl showed up. They had backstage passes and shirts made up. It was a cool get together.

HH<—— wasn’t Fernando a VHML member to? ————-
    I think I used my name there but I used to use the sig Model Citizen, Zero Discipline but that was taken when I came here. Another name I remember was Mully who I also note has a youtube channel. Of course Grant Fisher (OG VHND) who I stay in some contact with.

Sandra Seino was a very scary time on the VHML. My memory is now pretty hazy but she was on the list and got very crazy. From my hazy memory Rex made an off colour joke and Sandra Seino reported him for all sorts of things, kids, weirds stuff and then tracked people down IRL. From memory Feds got involved. It was kind of the equivalent of VS calling someone here a racist but then pursuing it IRL. Very scary in the early days of the net. Somehow VHML survived that but yes my recollection a combination of Brads fuckupedness and changing technologies killed it off. Was a cool time.

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

04.24.19 @ 01:21 AM
    Liked 12,503 Times in 6,772 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by NDL View Post
    While I am not a huge fan of Van Hagar, I can't help but feel that the Van Halen's really don't enjoy working with Roth.

Ed was 43 when the band released Van Halen III; it's a shame that one of the world's greatest musicians hasn't contributed anything since. And in saying this, I am not demanding anything of EVH; think that he owes the world anything; making little of his past accomplishments, etc.

Ed Van Halen is my favorite guitarist, in my favorite band, and unlike the 70's and early 80's, there are no other rock bands with a similar degree of creativity, soul, talent, and excellence.
    And by 95 they no longer enjoyed working with Sam, either. It is what it is.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

And by 95 they no longer enjoyed working with Sam, either. It is what it is.
    Okay .

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

04.24.19 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 1,354 Times in 912 Posts

LOL

Like clockwork
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 7,222 Times in 3,594 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    LOL

Like clockwork
    Shut up Choad.