Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=308

Unchained Indeed: Van Halen Splits With Warner Bros.?

By Frank Meyer, Editor In Chief
    Thursday, January 24, 2002 @ 9:26 AM

Rumor Has It Van Halen And Longtime Label Warner Bros. Have Parted Ways

According to Hits Magazine’s Daily Double (i.e. – the rumor mill section), the once mighty Van Halen has split with longtime label Warner Bros. The band’s relationship with the record company, which stretches back to the group's 1978 debut, has been strained since the release of Van Halne 3 in 1998 with one-time lead singer Gary Cherone (formerly of Extreme). Rumors circulated that the label was pressuring the band to reunite with original frontman David Lee Roth but that the Van Halen brothers, Eddie and Alex, were not totally comfortable with that scenario. The band has also changed attorneys, hiring Alan Mintz to take over for Don Engel, who has been with them for 15 years. According to Hits, “as the managerless band tries to re-invent itself amid talk of a tour and a new record deal with either Sammy (Hagar), Dave or both, observers observing that the split with Engel was not entirely amicable.”

Meanwhile, Diamond David Lee Roth can be heard gut-laughing in the distance as he books more solo tour dates and orders another cavalcade of midgets to pour him a refill and rev up the engine of his red corvette.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

VAN HALEN IV: Van Halen and Warner Bros. have ended their relationship, which stretches back to the group's 1978 debut. The band has also changed attorneys, hiring Alan Mintz to take over for Don Engel, who was with them for 15 years. As the managerless band tries to re-invent itself amid talk of a tour and a new record deal with either Sammy, Dave or both, observers observing that the split with Engel was not entirely amicable. (1/24a)

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

This could be percieved two ways...

For one, it could be looked at as the nail in the coffin, or

It could mean that we're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

If in fact Ed and Alex "were not totally comfortable" with reuniting with DLR than why should they. I for one have always maintained the following. Everyone involved with the band have the right (regardless of the fans) to be happy. hell if they're not going to be happy why bother doing it??? I would rather see Sammy, Gary or singer #4 be with VH if all parties involved would enjoy making new music.

Maybe now Ed, Al and Mike will have the freedom to work with a singer(s) of their choice without the record company trying to pressure them into something they don't really want to do. i would have loved to see DLR with Vh again (especially since I never had the opportunity to see them live) but if it's not meant to be, than so be it. I just hope the band announce their future plans soon (could this may have been part of the hold-up?).

Anyway their is absolutely no reason for mud-slinging in any direction (haven't we all had enough of that already). No matter what the future holds for VH we should all be supportive of Ed, Al, Mike, Dave, Sammy, and Gary for giving their all since day one, and leaving us with some outstanding musical memories, and look forward to what the future hold for all memebers of the VH family past, present and future.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Originally posted by atomicpunk5150:

If in fact Ed and Alex "were not totally comfortable" with reuniting with DLR than why should they. I for one have always maintained the following. Everyone involved with the band have the right (regardless of the fans) to be happy. hell if they're not going to be happy why bother doing it??? I would rather see Sammy, Gary or singer #4 be with VH if all parties involved would enjoy making new music.

Maybe now Ed, Al and Mike will have the freedom to work with a singer(s) of their choice without the record company trying to pressure them into something they don't really want to do. i would have loved to see DLR with Vh again (especially since I never had the opportunity to see them live) but if it's not meant to be, than so be it. I just hope the band announce their future plans soon (could this may have been part of the hold-up?).

Anyway their is absolutely no reason for mud-slinging in any direction (haven't we all had enough of that already). No matter what the future holds for VH we should all be supportive of Ed, Al, Mike, Dave, Sammy, and Gary for giving their all since day one, and leaving us with some outstanding musical memories, and look forward to what the future hold for all memebers of the VH family past, present and future.
    and the PC post award for the week goes to...!
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Originally posted by atomicpunk5150:

and the PC post award for the week goes to...!
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The light at the end of your tunnel is the oncoming trainwreck of Van Disaster IV.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This seems to be the end of the road. I know I check this site almost daily hoping to hear the good news that the original Van Halen is gearing to take back their rightful place as kings of the world. It would have been huge. No doubt about it. But now, I really don't hold out much hope at all that we will ever see Diamond Dave on stage with the greatest guitar player in the world again. That sucks. The only question now is what happens if VH is lucky enough to be inducted into the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame????????

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by ecubuc:
    The only question now is what happens if VH is lucky enough to be inducted into the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame????????
    Perhaps the people from the HOF won't bother to tell VH if they're being inducted. They can simply say to VH:

"We didn't think it was newsworthy."
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ecubuc:
    The only question now is what happens if VH is lucky enough to be inducted into the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame????????
    Perhaps the people from the HOF won't bother to tell VH if they're being inducted. They can simply say to VH:

"We didn't think it was newsworthy."
    </font>[/QUOTE]good one! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:
    The light at the end of your tunnel is the oncoming trainwreck of Van Disaster IV.
    God I hope not. This does not look good. Maybe the David Hasselhoff thing is true!
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

KNAC has a good 3-4 page thread going about this
    Eat Us and Smile!

Last Online

08.10.15 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    This "news" is a self-proclaimed rumor, isn't it???

The Smokescreen, The Sting....
    VHLinks Fantasy Baseball Champions: 2004, 2009, 2011