Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Unchained
    Last Online

06.10.19 @ 05:54 PM
    Liked 839 Times in 439 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post
    LSU 24/7. On the fence how LSU performs next season, but I can say this with 100% certainty that Alabama will smoke our ass again. Mop the floor with us. Roll Tide us and leave us bleeding on the field. Other than that, we may have a ok season.

HH<-----All my money and love goes to Baton Rouge.--------------
    LSU should be good, but it is tough going in the SEC as you know. I still can't believe that LSU fired Les Miles. That is who I really wanted Tennessee to sign as their head coach. I can't believe Kansas signed him. Les was the one coach who was competetive against Bama every year.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

01.18.20 @ 06:26 AM
    Liked 27,476 Times in 13,887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrk5150 View Post
    Graduating in a couple of weeks.

Where's your son going? Brown?
    Correct. URI is our first home game, though I doubt he will be playing his freshman year.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

01.17.20 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1,081 Times in 700 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Correct. URI is our first home game, though I doubt he will be playing his freshman year.
    Cool. Governor's Cup. BIG rivalry game.

Brown is a dingy home field, LOL. Old school troughs in the rest rooms. I think they did portable lights or something for the URI game two years ago, was very dark. Then again, you don't go to Brown for the athletics...

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Yeah, they are dumping a LOT of money into the football program though, that was the commitment that the new coach required to come there.

Their workout facilities and practice fields are damn nice, but yeah, their stadium is pretty nasty. Nice thing about Ivy League games, you really don't have to fight too hard for a good seat.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

LOL, true. Same with Harvard, who URI played through this year. PLENTY of room in the stadium.

Although the Harvard game torpedoed URI's season - knocked their QB out for 4 games. What could/should have been a 8-3/9-2 or better season ended up 6-5. They still destroyed Brown with the back-up QB, but Brown just wasn't that good, and it was at URI.

Dumping money into the program is a good thing.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

The new HC was the QB there in the 90's early 00's (I think from memory) when they were actually good.

I really liked him when we did our official visit. Told my son that might be the last time he's nice to him.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

I was at Harvard's home opener last year against University of San Diego. Harvard whooped them. Ivy League play is better than I thought it would be, and Princeton last year was damn good. They were ranked before the FCS playoffs, but, the Ivy doesn't participate in the FCS playoffs because they are during finals.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Harvard is usually pretty good. URI got them in 2017 because a kid got paralyzed early in the game and they were complete zombies the rest of the game. URI got them last season because, with their starting QB, URI was very, very good. They took UConn down to the final seconds in a shoot-out, crazy game where URI special teams made a couple of mistakes that cost them.

HS buddy of mine played at Brown in late 80's, was an all-Ivy SS. I almost went there to play basketball, actually. Came down to free (where I went) or make my parents take out a 3rd mortgage. Kinda simple decision actually.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

01.19.20 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 4,165 Times in 2,545 Posts

Premium Member

I googled Brown alumni who played in the NFL it's not as small of a list as I thought.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by jrk5150 View Post
    Harvard is usually pretty good. URI got them in 2017 because a kid got paralyzed early in the game and they were complete zombies the rest of the game. URI got them last season because, with their starting QB, URI was very, very good. They took UConn down to the final seconds in a shoot-out, crazy game where URI special teams made a couple of mistakes that cost them.

HS buddy of mine played at Brown in late 80's, was an all-Ivy SS. I almost went there to play basketball, actually. Came down to free (where I went) or make my parents take out a 3rd mortgage. Kinda simple decision actually.
    Yeah, my son decided on this one. He turned down money from elsewhere to go to Brown, but, I told him let me worry about the money. Still, $48K a year is a big nut.

And now I am going to get on my soapbox. I am in the top 5% of household earners in the US, so, I am not a 1%er, but I am doing pretty good. And I got federal financial aid for my son to go to Brown of over $28K a year. So all of these left wingers screaming about free college, I wonder how much federal aid you get if you are making the average US salary of approximately $54K?

It has to be pretty robust. Add on top of that grants, scholarships, and heaven forbid WORKING during college, and it has to be a reasonable cost to go to an in state public university for most people. Just a thought.

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Premium Member

DD sounds like you worked pretty hard to get to where you are. I never made over 100k a year in my 41 year working life close to it but never over it. But I live below my means, make conservative investments, and save so I feel I've done well. If I was in a position to send my kids to an ivy league school I would too. WTG hope your son stays injury free,cracks that starting line, gets good grades and is happy.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    And now I am going to get on my soapbox. I am in the top 5% of household earners in the US, so, I am not a 1%er, but I am doing pretty good. And I got federal financial aid for my son to go to Brown of over $28K a year. So all of these left wingers screaming about free college, I wonder how much federal aid you get if you are making the average US salary of approximately $54K?

It has to be pretty robust. Add on top of that grants, scholarships, and heaven forbid WORKING during college, and it has to be a reasonable cost to go to an in state public university for most people. Just a thought.
    Meh - it's all kind of a scam. The more the college is, the more they give you, to where you get very similar relative final bills regardless.

We definitely didn't qualify for aid, make too much money. My son did get merit scholarships - applied to 3 schools, all were state schools but he was out of state for two of them. VERY different total cost "retail" of the three schools. But that correlated pretty closely with the merit scholarships, to where the actual final bills would have been pretty close. All expensive, but the two out of state were within $10k a year of the in-state. So it kind of all ended up a wash. I mean, $40k over 4 years as a difference is a big nut, but not crazy.

It's all utterly insane. And, like the medical/health care industry, very very broken.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

01.19.20 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 3,057 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FW1981 View Post
    LSU should be good, but it is tough going in the SEC as you know. I still can't believe that LSU fired Les Miles. That is who I really wanted Tennessee to sign as their head coach. I can't believe Kansas signed him. Les was the one coach who was competetive against Bama every year.
    I had heard that Purdue was wanting to sign Les, shortly after he left LSU, but that was a rumor and unsure how much credibility was actually there. Les, in my opinion, was a excellent coach. Regarding LSU tho, I feel he was running out of steam and ideas to really push the team ahead! He had the talent, but I feel he just lost something the last 2 years he was there. He became very predictable on play calling and I think other SEC teams studied it and eventually capitalize on it.
    But, he is and was a wonderful coach and brought LSU a hell of a lot victories!
    Got to meet him a few times, wonderful person. Hope he eventually gets picked up somewhere because he still has a lot to offer as a coach!

HH<——- Coach O’s heart is LSU! He needs some fine tuning tho——-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Premium Member

My favorite former LSU players are Bert Jones and Fred Miller.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

01.19.20 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 3,057 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    My favorite former LSU players are Bert Jones and Fred Miller.

Billy Cannon was a beast as well.

HH<------- Ready for College Football 2019 ----------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----