Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 25,996 Times in 13,118 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    WTF did I just read?
    The ramblings of a man who has snorted way too much fucking cocaine in his lifetime.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

2. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.15.19 @ 12:12 PM
    Liked 1,719 Times in 897 Posts

Premium Member

Between this and the Rogan interview, it seems like he’s reinventing the VH inception as some kind of avantgarde cultural experiment to draw on all types of music and culture from around the world. That’s crap and a crappy thing say.
    "Swamp people doin' their swampy things." - bsbll4

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 01:13 PM
    Liked 8,965 Times in 6,436 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by NDL View Post
    He's getting restless. Whenever he seeks to goose the Van Halen's into action, he comes into the public light with some cryptic, zany, DLR crap.

Does it work? Of course not. So why do it?

If anything, it confirms that the Van Halen's are up to NOTHING, and he's frustrated with their inactivity.

The Wolf thing kinda blows my mind; we're into April, and fast approaching the one year anniversary of Wolf's completed work.

'I'd have to be an asshole to retire at 27. Who does that?'

How does he sit on a completed record for nine months?
    "Cryptic, zany, DLR crap..." ^^^.
    I added the bolded part to highlight my own thoughts on his gibberish. I have NO use for him anymore, other than listening to the CDs and watching the YT videos from the original era.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1,582 Times in 1,067 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    The ramblings of a man who has snorted way too much fucking cocaine in his lifetime.
    Honestly this is spot on.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic & Summer Nights
    Last Online

08.15.19 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 312 Times in 172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Your sense of humor goes a long way. Thanks for the laughs...it's been a long week.

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    "Cryptic, zany, DLR crap..." ^^^.
    I added the bolded part to highlight my own thoughts on his gibberish. I have NO use for him anymore, other than listening to the CDs and watching the YT videos from the original era.
    It's bizarre.

He's sane; he has a sense of reality, but acts as if he were in the "World Of Dave."

I wish that he hadn't come back in 2007.

The guy is a pisser; I like his work; he's my favorite singer in Van Halen, but he and Ed don't get along.

The band has not been productive; Ed is lazy. Even so, they tried to comeback in 2000; they tried to make a comeback in 2004, and for 2.5 years Ed, Al, and Wolf practiced at 5150. I don't think it was their intention to remain stagnant and unproductive.

Some will not like what I am saying, but the net effect of an Ed/Dave relationship is that one of the world's greatest musicians hasn't contributed art in 20+ years.

Could Ed go on his own? Yes. Could he do more than he does? Yes. But at this point, he's washed his hands of it all.

Would he have washed his hands of it all, had the band found a solid fourth singer in 2006?
    "If only Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang had as much enthusiasm about Van Halen as Dave, Sammy and Mike do … " - I Coulda Hada VH

"I don't think he owes us, and I think few if any do. What we would like is for him to release music, since he is our favorite musician. It's a wish and a hope, not a critique." - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 17,678 Times in 10,026 Posts

Premium Member

If Eddie wanted to create, he would. Simple as that. Look how long it took to convince Sam to put something new out. Believe it or not, Sam's opinion about spending money and effort on writing new material is shared by many veteran rockers.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

08.17.19 @ 06:33 PM
    Liked 1,710 Times in 857 Posts

Premium Member

Dave will always have my respect for the incredible work he did with Van Halen, but outside of that, I have no responsibility to support him, his opinions, or anything else. He is who he is.

Just because Dave isn't Dave anymore doesn't mean I want Sammy back in the band, though. I never warmed to that pairing; to me there was no chemistry. 5150 is as good as it got for Ed and Sam IMO. The rest, meh. My opinion is mine, and I am not trying to antagonize those who love that version of the band. So don't take it that way, k?

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Super Seven
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/I'm the One
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 625 Times in 315 Posts

I think after the 98 and 04 disasters, the only direction to go was Roth or retire. Don't think fans would have accepted a fourth singer at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by NDL View Post
    Your sense of humor goes a long way. Thanks for the laughs...it's been a long week.

It's bizarre.

He's sane; he has a sense of reality, but acts as if he were in the "World Of Dave."

I wish that he hadn't come back in 2007.

The guy is a pisser; I like his work; he's my favorite singer in Van Halen, but he and Ed don't get along.

The band has not been productive; Ed is lazy. Even so, they tried to comeback in 2000; they tried to make a comeback in 2004, and for 2.5 years Ed, Al, and Wolf practiced at 5150. I don't think it was their intention to remain stagnant and unproductive.

Some will not like what I am saying, but the net effect of an Ed/Dave relationship is that one of the world's greatest musicians hasn't contributed art in 20+ years.

Could Ed go on his own? Yes. Could he do more than he does? Yes. But at this point, he's washed his hands of it all.

Would he have washed his hands of it all, had the band found a solid fourth singer in 2006?

12. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

07.28.19 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 2,439 Times in 1,023 Posts

Dave was pretty good on the 07-08 tour. I enjoyed having a new album in 2012 with ADKOT.

As Is and She’s the Woman are among my favorite songs.

The 2012 new songs are much better than the band’s previous 3 new studio tracks from the 04 BOBW greatest hits album.

And after the turn of the century, it seems Dave and Ed got along better than Sammy and Ed. 3 tours, a studio album compared to 3 songs on a best of album and 1 single tour.
    Or maybe it’s just that the second reunion tour solely did better business, which made the partnership more palatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 04:46 PM
    Liked 1,766 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRFC View Post
    You can get away with this type of BS when you are young, high, good-looking, and super famous.

He's none of those things anymore, except perhaps high.
    You said it, right here!

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    If Eddie wanted to create, he would. Simple as that. Look how long it took to convince Sam to put something new out. Believe it or not, Sam's opinion about spending money and effort on writing new material is shared by many veteran rockers.
    While it's true that nothing except Ed is preventing Ed from putting out new material, the guy is done with the commercial end of things.

Quote Originally Posted by What a Rocker 1973 View Post
    I think after the 98 and 04 disasters, the only direction to go was Roth or retire. Don't think fans would have accepted a fourth singer at that point.
    You're probably right as to the fans not accepting a fourth singer, and, correct or not, that's the clearly the band's position. But is no EVH preferable to a different shade of EVH?
    "If only Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang had as much enthusiasm about Van Halen as Dave, Sammy and Mike do … " - I Coulda Hada VH

"I don't think he owes us, and I think few if any do. What we would like is for him to release music, since he is our favorite musician. It's a wish and a hope, not a critique." - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Rokgtar View Post
    Dave will always have my respect for the incredible work he did with Van Halen, but outside of that, I have no responsibility to support him, his opinions, or anything else. He is who he is.

Just because Dave isn't Dave anymore doesn't mean I want Sammy back in the band, though. I never warmed to that pairing; to me there was no chemistry. 5150 is as good as it got for Ed and Sam IMO. The rest, meh. My opinion is mine, and I am not trying to antagonize those who love that version of the band. So don't take it that way, k?
    Bingo.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Love Walks In
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 06:02 PM
    Liked 242 Times in 160 Posts

The chemistry in Van Halen with Sammy Hagar was every bit as pure as Heisenberg's blue meth, my man.

20. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

08.17.19 @ 06:33 PM
    Liked 1,710 Times in 857 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    The chemistry in Van Halen with Sammy Hagar was every bit as pure as Heisenberg's blue meth, my man.
    That's your opinion, not mine. Peace

22. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Love Walks In
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 06:02 PM
    Liked 242 Times in 160 Posts

That's your opinion, not mine. Peace
    That is correct. Peace out.

24. The Following Member Likes This Post: