Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the Inside?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

11.01.17 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 607 Times in 299 Posts

Hey whatever happened to that Huge double grand slam issue of the Inside that was supposed to arrive in our mailboxes this January? you remember the one that was following up the last issue we got oh some 12 months or so ago......

HYS
    www.jointfilms.com

my film HR PUKENSHETTE arrives on DVD Feb. 19, 2002 check the site for more info....
    A new short film I made, please like/follow:
    http://facebook.com/umbrellashortfilm

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I was beginning to wonder that myself.

I have been very patient with these guys for a very, very, very long time. Now I am starting to get pissed like everyone else.
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They told me March in an e-mail. Next it'll be May, then July. Jesus!
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Yeah, they keep pushing it back, last I heard was end of March....

Yeah, whatever............ [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Just seconds ago I got an email from the Van Halen Store saying that they've got 3 'out of print' issues of the magazine for sale in limited quantities. They are issues 2, 3, and 8. Here's the fun part;

THEY ARE $29.95 EACH!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe the nerve of these fuckers??

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just got this e-mail, Glenn. Ridiculous. They must really be strapped for cash. Yeah, I'll pay $30 for a thirty-page something magazine, plus shipping.

Give me a fucking break.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:52 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

They gotta pay the lawyers ya know Glenn.
    I bet Dave has some pretty high priced ones working for him.

Could the date for the next issue keep geting pushed back because the announcement Date is as well? What new can they say about VH if VH ain't saying themselves whats new?

'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I betcha the issue is ready to roll. I'll also bet that the guys running that scam don't have the money to print it, and that's why it keeps being delayed.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by MikeL:
    I betcha the issue is ready to roll.
    It should be. The magazine is normally about 30 pages long, so 60 for a double issue. And the last one came out about 20 months ago.

Maybe Eddie ditched the Inside because of their shitty work ethic.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have to defend the Inside mag a bit here.

First off, I don't want an issue of 30 blank pages, and that is what we would be getting.

If Van Halen was a functioning band currently, the Mag would be putting out issues just like it always has. Nobody is loosing anything by issues not coming out on a regular basis. If your subscription is for 3 more issues, you will get them when they come out.

It seems to me people are taking their frustration out on the magazine when it should be directed at the band. I want my new issue also, but like I said, I don't want an all picture mag. I want info!

As for the back issues costing $30.00 a pop, it is called supply and demand. If someone is paying $30.00 for them, then that is the sellng price. If nobody is buying them, I'm sure the price will go down. If they become more rare, the price will probably go up.

Also, on a side note, I find it very funny DLR is suing thevanhalenstore.com. The site which is run by the Inside, gets all its products 100% legally. When the case is resolved, I can't wait for DLR to eat crow on this one.

gman

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Blaming the band for the lack of progress by the Inside magazine is ridiculous. Go on the VHstore website right this minute. Like always, they've got their first sentence about being published quarterly. If the band's inaction has a genuine effect on the magazine's output, why are they still giving us the 'published quarterly' line?

This double issue is supposed to be dedicated to the VH II tour, they don't need the band in order to put together a package on that subject. It might offer an extra angle, but it isn't necessary.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by MikeL:
    I betcha the issue is ready to roll. I'll also bet that the guys running that scam don't have the money to print it, and that's why it keeps being delayed.
    Bingo.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by gman1970:
    I have to defend the Inside mag a bit here.

First off, I don't want an issue of 30 blank pages, and that is what we would be getting.

If Van Halen was a functioning band currently, the Mag would be putting out issues just like it always has. Nobody is loosing anything by issues not coming out on a regular basis. If your subscription is for 3 more issues, you will get them when they come out.

It seems to me people are taking their frustration out on the magazine when it should be directed at the band. I want my new issue also, but like I said, I don't want an all picture mag. I want info!

As for the back issues costing $30.00 a pop, it is called supply and demand. If someone is paying $30.00 for them, then that is the sellng price. If nobody is buying them, I'm sure the price will go down. If they become more rare, the price will probably go up.

Also, on a side note, I find it very funny DLR is suing thevanhalenstore.com. The site which is run by the Inside, gets all its products 100% legally. When the case is resolved, I can't wait for DLR to eat crow on this one.

gman

Eruption
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

11.01.17 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 607 Times in 299 Posts

wait a minute. about this no new news going on, blank paged magazine....if i recall correctly didn't the Inside cease from being the OFFICIAL VH mag not too long so they wouldnt have to wait for new band news. didn't they say the band wasn't nuts about them relishing in the past with issues based around past tours and the pre-label days (which was one of the best issues the Inside ever publsihed) so that's why they were severing ties with the band from being it's OFFICIAL mag.

so if that's the case and they aren't the offical mag anymore they don't need VH's "ok" to print a VHII tour retrospective.

i personally have no problem with the Inside as far as the quality of their mag. i like it, that's why i'm not happy i haven't seen a new issue in so long.

and i see the man sticking up for the inside is from omaha which happened to be where the Inside guys got things rolling...which leads me to believe he's a friend or relative of the Inside guys....
    A new short film I made, please like/follow:
    http://facebook.com/umbrellashortfilm

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Glenn:
    Blaming the band for the lack of progress by the Inside magazine is ridiculous.
    That's true. All of the issues were mostly about the past anyways. They could at least make an issue with a bunch of pictures, old interviews, and articles from the 80's.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman