Register
    Favorite VH Album

Balance, 1984, VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, I'll Wait
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 AM
    Liked 56 Times in 18 Posts

There's been a lot of negativity and head scratching on this board lately. I for one am just as frustrated as everyone else here, but let's not dwell on this negative stuff right now. So, in the spirit of continued positivity and faith that Van Halen ain't no where close to packin' it up, why doesn't everybody give us some reasons why they love Van Halen, or their favorite personal Van Halen experience:

I love VH because:
    1. Eddie did, does know, and always will rock. He's only gotten better since 1978 and I know he's got a lot more in store for us.
    2. Dave and Sammy, love'em or hate'em, both made great music with Van Halen. From kick-ass anthems like Unchained to the dreaded ballads like Why Can't This Be Love? and Not Enough, they broadened they're own musical horizons by trying new things, and they broadened our own musical horizons as well.
    3. Nothing sends that twinge up my spine quite like when I hear Panama on the radio, on when I heard the synthesizer kick on at the beginning of Jump at a live show.

Somebody else wanna share their reason for loving for VH or their favorite VH experience?

[ February 08, 2002 at 07:45 PM: Message edited by: WhoHalen ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love Van Halen for pick slides, cool harmonics and great solid songwriting.........just a note.......I haven't heard any of the above in a new recording in a couple of years......
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i like van halen, because of their monsterous playing and music will blow anyone away, or knock them out of their socks. and what they have brought to the world is the best thing that has ever hit this earth..
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:59 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Would be easy enough to say the music, and that's a big part of it. But alot of it had to do with the whole attitude. There was simply no one else like them around. That and the fact that Eddie was/is the Greatest Rock Guitarist to have ever picked up a six-string.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This thread couldn't have come at a better time. I have a great river of love for Van Halen, so I'll take this time to dip in and count some ways:
    1. The exquisite talent of Edward Van Halen. Like any great artist, he transcends his instrument...to say the man simply "plays guitar" would be a mistake...case in point--"Dirty Movies"--his guitar whoops, mocks, catcalls, jokes...even without the lyrics, we would know exactly what that song is about. Ed doesn't have to be a smooth talker or clever or cool. His guitar is eloquent beyond words. Literally.
    2. The intelligence, worldliness, energy and sexiness of David Lee Roth. I've said this many times, but I can't say enough about what DLR and his pride about being a Jew does for me--he encourages MY pride about being a Jew. About being a rocker. An adventuress. unafraid to laugh at herself. Crazy From The Heat is my textbook.
    3. DLR/EVH is my absolute favorite frontman/guitsrist combination ever. It's a chemistry that other bands would kill for. Mick/Keith, Axl/Slash, Robert/Jimmy, David Coverdale/John Sykes, Steven/Joe, David/Nigel, Ozzy/Tony, Bono/Edge...all very cool duos, but DLR/EVH is the perfection of that all important yin/yang.
    4. Mikey, the casually brilliant vocalist and backbone of the band. Underrated and a perfect foil for the DLR/EVH tension.
    5. Any drummer who can sound like a top fuel dragster on one song and a beatup skiffle player on another is OK with me. Alex's drumming on "Top Jimmy" and "Drop Dead Legs" is so unusual and funky. It's amazing how clean and funky the guy sounds with a kit that crazy...one thing Alex never does is fuckin' PLOD.
    6. NOT printing lyrics in the liner notes. Hence, "seeka locka peepu"
    7. Listening to Van Halen always elevates my mood. I can't hear "Little Guitars" and not be happy. Look up the definition of "WOO!" in the dictionary and you'll see a photo of our mighty four.
    8. Van Halen is both rowdy AND sophisticated...this ain't no kiddie rock...it's always here and now, my friend, this ain't once upon a time...
    9. The songs make me feel sexy. And smart.
    10. Yellow painters pants rolled up to the knee, striped socks, and white leather Nikes. Spandex and fuzzy moon boots. Assless pants. Long, unkempt hair. Blazers and gumby shirts. I salute all of us who still dress this way.
    11. "I FORGOT THE FUCKING WORDS!!!!"
    [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    (pretty smile)

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

We love Van Halen because they are very talented, we grew up with them and because we all suffer for having a OCD!
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i love van halen because of the music, and the way they did their live shows with so much engery and in your face attitude.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Basically I love Van Halen because of the music and the way it makes me feel when I listen to it. Eddie is the greatest guitarist to ever pick up the instrument, and what he can do with it is amazing.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

Beacause they have touched my heart with every note of music they have released.
    Because they have done the soundtrack of my life, I can remember every year of my life by just relating an album release or when a song was very popular at any year, MEMORIES, great memories.
    I do believe will have more music to relate to the new times.
    The chemestry between EDDIE, MIKE, ALEX and DAVE or SAMMY. Just can't be matched.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    It's simple for me.

Van Halen is a religion, a way of life, and an attitude unlike any other band that has ever been. Plain and simple. Unfortunately this religion is really testing my faith as of late. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, its like they are a part of daily dose. ya know? its like breakfast,dinner,or lunch but then it has its own catagory
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I love Van Halen because their simply the best rock n' roll band on the planet. The music they make invokes such an amazing response from me and I don't get that feeling from any other band.

VAN HALEN FUCKIN RULES!!!!!!!
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

I was 11 years old and my brother always used to crank Runnin with the Devil in his room...and I always thought that was a great song. In 6th grade 1984 came out and we had a cool teacher that let us play this on his boom box in class (during study time). Girl Gone Bad was/is my fav song from that album. When I heard Get Up at my brothers basketball practices I just had to beg my parents to buy me the 5150 tape...yes, TAPE!
    I then took up guitar and learned the 1st and 2nd Van Halen albums and as most of the rest....Van Halen is the most innovative ,talented,energetic,
    and most recently, quiet band in history.
    From DLR's screams, to Michael Anthony's background vocals and Alex's pounding drums, No wonder Eddie smiled all the time!
    Just go for it!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love Van HALEN. That means the combination of Ed, Alex, Mike, and Dave. Unfortunately, Van HALEN doesn't exist right now.